Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds V Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 27267 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:39:16 »

DV, the same utter doshit that Paul Sturrock had in the top half of the table are now a year and half older (in some cases) and have spent nearly a season (since Sturrock) on a steady decline.  Confidence and that winning mentality is such a massive thing in the game and is bloody hard to get out of and when you take into account that the coaches that they were working with all buggered off with him, except Byrne, to expect them to just switch back on to the form that they were in under sturrock is just mad!

I dont expect them to go back to 'under Sturrock' form my point is the players are capable. Sturrock had them playing well in a decent side because, well that was his job as a manager. I take into account it was the team he put together but at the end of the day its a managers job to get the best out of his players. Sturrock did that, Malpas didnt, Wilson isnt.

Throdson at Crewe came in and got his players winning right away, same with Williams at Leyton Orient so it can be done. I expect Brighton to win some under Slade as well.

You cant just blame the players for everything, Wilson is not working with a pile of shit. He's working with a squad that was mid table last season. The players are capable of better and after Malpas needed a manager to get better out of them. Wilson hasnt done it so far.

Iffy took over a shit team, he was left with a pile of dogshit everyone knew that. Thats why we gave him a chance because even if he was the best manager in the world he didnt have the players to stay up.

Wilson has the players if he can get the best out of them.

There clearly is, we could win for starters.  Do you realise how stupid that response sounds!  By saying that you sound like a poster off of Thisis or a texter to RS.  If DW could just wave a magic wand and "just win" he would be managing fucking Chelski in the Prem.  Come on DV, you know better than that.  DW can organise the team to perform better to allow them a better chance of better results.  Apart from lacing up his boots and doing a David Beckham against Greece, what more is he supposed to do with a squad that he has been given and the restraints that he is working with from boardroom level?

Maybe it is just me then, I didn't realise that this game was about turning up and "just winning", fucking easy really!  Where did I go wrong, I could have made a career out of this if I would have realised just how easy it really is.

You said Wilson cant do anything more. I said he can, I never said it was a case of him being magic to get them to win but 'good performances against Leeds' wont keep us up. We arent winning games, so is there more that Wilson can do, yes of course us winning games 'is more than' good performances. How to get more out of them and how to get those wins is the problem.

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:45:38 »

Confidence and that winning mentality is such a massive thing in the game and is bloody hard to get out of and when you take into account that the coaches that they were working with all buggered off with him, except Byrne, to expect them to just switch back on to the form that they were in under sturrock is just mad!

This bunch don't know how to win a game of football.
The Tranmere game is a prime example, Wilson did everything right for that game, but they got absolutely nothing out of it.  

People laugh at the suggestion of playing Sturrock, but at least you know he's going out there with 100% committment. which is the same for Pook.

Luggy got decent results with those two in his team and with Peacock as a striker.  It's all hard to believe now.

Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:46:59 »

I dont expect them to go back to 'under Sturrock' form my point is the players are capable. Sturrock had them playing well in a decent side because, well that was his job as a manager. I take into account it was the team he put together but at the end of the day its a managers job to get the best out of his players. Sturrock did that, Malpas didnt, Wilson isnt.

Throdson at Crewe came in and got his players winning right away, same with Williams at Leyton Orient so it can be done. I expect Brighton to win some under Slade as well.

You cant just blame the players for everything, Wilson is not working with a pile of shit. He's working with a squad that was mid table last season. The players are capable of better and after Malpas needed a manager to get better out of them. Wilson hasnt done it so far.

Iffy took over a shit team, he was left with a pile of dogshit everyone knew that. Thats why we gave him a chance because even if he was the best manager in the world he didnt have the players to stay up.

Wilson has the players if he can get the best out of them.

You said Wilson cant do anything more. I said he can, I never said it was a case of him being magic to get them to win but 'good performances against Leeds' wont keep us up. We arent winning games, so is there more that Wilson can do, yes of course us winning games 'is more than' good performances. How to get more out of them and how to get those wins is the problem.

At Crewe they got Marlon Broomes and a goalie built like a brick shithouse. They didn't mess about.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 21:16:36 »

OK then DV, as you are obviously a man with far more footballing knowledge than our previous 2 managers tell us what you would do.

You have a squad of players, low on confidence, that are performing well but not winning games.  You are unable to bring in any players.

All you have to do is win!

Easy!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 21:27:39 »

OK then DV, as you are obviously a man with far more footballing knowledge than our previous 2 managers tell us what you would do.

You have a squad of players, low on confidence, that are performing well but not winning games.  You are unable to bring in any players.

All you have to do is win!

Easy!

.....and that is exactly what Wilson is being paid to try and figure out. Thats why he's the manager. Thats his job.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 21:48:58 »

Just got back in. I'm happy with the fight the players put in, can't be bothered to complain about anything much but.
Phil Smith back in goal, bout time.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 22:08:36 »

Dear oh dear!

Now I heard both sides of the fence I have changed my view.

Sack the useless cunt!  That is our only choice!  Start protesting outside the County Ground that unless Jose Mourinio is appt straight away we might as well not bother!

DV I salute you!

On another note, hopefully I am fucking off to live in America so I will turn into a Tampa Bay fan!

I wonder if the fans are as fickle there?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 22:16:18 »

Dear oh dear!

Now I heard both sides of the fence I have changed my view.

Sack the useless cunt!  That is our only choice!  Start protesting outside the County Ground that unless Jose Mourinio is appt straight away we might as well not bother!

DV I salute you!

On another note, hopefully I am fucking off to live in America so I will turn into a Tampa Bay fan!

I wonder if the fans are as fickle there?

good sarcasm.

Please quote as to where I said or even mentioned sacking Danny Wilson please. You cant because I didnt say it. You're reading what you want to read and not what I've actually put

You said, that Wilson couldnt do much more with Malpas shit team or words to that effect, correct?

I said I didnt agree with that because the 'shit' is the same team Paul Sturrock got mid table. Therefore there is more Wilson can do because 1. the players have shown in the past they are better than this and 2. we arent winning games.

Danny Wilsons job as manager to get the best out of the players and get them to win football matches, right now he isnt doing either which leads me to believe there is more he can do with STFC.

...BUT...hey I can do sarcasm to. Lets offer Danny Wilson and all the players 10 year contracts, fall into non league and accept it because, well its the best Wilson can do. Who cares if we never win again as long as Wilson is doing the best he can do. If that isnt good enough, who cares - its the best he can do we should all support him because we might be classed as fickle... Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #218 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 22:50:23 »

Still think we can stay up.

But these players dont tend to outdo themselves very often. No balls. They are boys really.

So I think its now about 70/30 that we will go down.

Didnt like the coppers punching young swindon shirter in the face.

Big downer comming back. Glad to be home.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 22:59:20 »

good sarcasm.

Please quote as to where I said or even mentioned sacking Danny Wilson please. You cant because I didnt say it. You're reading what you want to read and not what I've actually put

You said, that Wilson couldnt do much more with Malpas shit team or words to that effect, correct?

I said I didnt agree with that because the 'shit' is the same team Paul Sturrock got mid table. Therefore there is more Wilson can do because 1. the players have shown in the past they are better than this and 2. we arent winning games.

Danny Wilsons job as manager to get the best out of the players and get them to win football matches, right now he isnt doing either which leads me to believe there is more he can do with STFC.

...BUT...hey I can do sarcasm to. Lets offer Danny Wilson and all the players 10 year contracts, fall into non league and accept it because, well its the best Wilson can do. Who cares if we never win again as long as Wilson is doing the best he can do. If that isnt good enough, who cares - its the best he can do we should all support him because we might be classed as fickle... Smiley

Thanks for the compliment on the good sarcasm, I was trying my best! Grin

I didn't say you said to sack Danny Wilson!  Show me where I said that you said that he should get the sack please.  You can't because I didn't say it. You're reading what you want to read and not what I've actually put. (see what I did there!)

No, not correct!  What I did say was that Wilson was brought in to improve performances and that is exactly was he has done.  If you are telling me you would have preffered to carry on watching the performances that Maplas was handing out, forgetting about the results, then my views on your understanding of football will change DV!

I agree Paul Sturrock got them midtable, but that was nearly 2 years ago DV.  Whya re you living in the past and why do you keep bringing Sturrock back into this.  He is gone, his players are 2 years older, he is not coming back, and as you stated, we will not see another Paul Sturrock back here for a long time so why keep harping on about him.  You have already made it clear that you rated Paul Sturrock, and that you don't expect to see another Sturrock here again soon, so why are you expecting Wilson to do a "Sturrock" now?  Sturrock maybe a great manager at this level, BUT HE IS NOT OUR FUCKING MANAGER! and we are not likely to be able to afford or get a manager of that quality in this league again, so why keep harping back to him?

I believe Danny Wilson is getting the best out of the majority of our players the majority of the time and that is the best he can do with other managers players.  You can't just "get them to win football matches" (and this is the bit that you just aren't grasping!) You can get them to go out there and do the best that they can really do as individuals and as a team, but no manager, even Alex Fergie can "make them win"!!!  They have to want it themselves as well and with good guidance and management they will win.  You have got to bear in mind that we are having this conversation after a 1nil away win at Elland Road where the team that they played is player for player better than ours, worth more than ours, and has a Championship\Premiership setup behind it!  If Danny Wilson is not being allowed to make wholesale changes to the team, and when he is allowed to make changes he is not allowed to talk to agents then he is fighting a losing battle.  If the only thing he can do is work with the players at his disposal then I believe that he is doing the best that he can, because aprt from the odd one or two displays, performances have improved big time!

At the start of this whole "war and peace" conversation, I did not for one minute say that we should all support him otherwise you are fickle!  What I did say, and what I still stick by, is that this mighty over reaction is down to a 1 nil 87th minute defeat at Elland road, somewhere that, even the most rose tinted spectacled wearing swindon town supporters would not expect to get anything from in the norm!  Losing a point today will not mean we will go down, and I believe that Danny Wilson and the lads did everything they could to get the point today.  We will go down if we lose games against Southend at home and Hereford at home, and don't get some decent return from games away at Northampton and Yeovil!

As for accepting falling into non league, you sound like you are doing more of that than me.  If you don't accept that this is the best that Wilson can do then what are you going to do about it other that spout off on here?  If spouting off on here is the best that you can do then, heh, who cares eh?  It's the best you can do!

Smiley

At least it's hot in Florida! Bye

santasdead

« Reply #220 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 23:00:12 »

They were'nt very good. their goal wesn't very good. we were'nt very good. the ref wasn't very good. the pie at half time wasn't very good. their fans were'nt very good.

Didnt like the coppers punching young swindon shirter in the face.

Is that what happened? ijust saw a mass of drunks running to the corner, followed by the police.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 23:04:11 »

My mentioning of Sturrock is less to do with Sturrock and more to do with the fact his team is still here.

Sure age catches up with everyone but an extra 2 years, or even 1 seen as it was only last season isnt going to be the difference between a player being at his peak and over the hill, apart from in Peacocks case!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 23:05:13 »

Now that wasn't my entire point now was it?

Spencer_White

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 23:07:41 »

I dont know what he might have done. But the copper definately punched him 3 times in the face.

I know Leeds police have to put up with Leeds people which makes them pretty evil fuckers themselves.

Gave a right beating in a van to 2 of our lads last season, then put them in a cell with 8 Leeds last season. Charges dropped.

Some really boring posts on here by the way.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 23:10:29 »

Not as boring as the last one!

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: