Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds V Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 27370 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #195 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 19:57:50 »

1.7 points per game

thats a win and a draw every 2 games.

no defeats

When you put it like that it's a nigh-on impossible target.

Accy away next season. Ace.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:00:14 by Talk Talk » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 19:57:54 »

On all this talk about Wilson does anyone think the 6 weeks it took to appoint a manager after MM left could be our ultimate downfall? Maybe we would have pulled away if we appointed someone sooner?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #197 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:03:39 »

Possibly...

2-2 Leicester City (Good result)   
2-2 Bristol Rovers (Decent result - but a last minute equaliser)
2-2 Peterborough United  (Good result - but a last minute equaliser)
1-2 Walsall (Poor result)
1-1 Carlisle United (Poor result - late equaliser)
0-1 Crewe Alexandra (Poor result)
2-3 Yeovil Town     (Poor result)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:04:40 »

Apart from the Hartlepool game our recent performances have been better than anything Malpas served

I dont know. Cheltenham was bad we did have some good games under Malpas. Tranmere, Franchise, Northampton, Oldham, Scunthorpe - few and far between of course but I dont think its right to say they were all bad

Bearing in mind that bar 3 loan players, Wilson is working with an absolute pile of dogshit that Malpas had a hand in putting together so can you really blame Wilson for the results. 

The same utter dogshit Paul Sturrock had in the top half of the table before he left. Only one of todays starting 11 was a 'Malpas' player and that was Big Kev. Infact in Greer, OTJ and Robson-Kanu there were more Wilson players than Malpas players out there today.

He can't magic up a winning formula even if he has managed to magic up improvement in performance.

Isnt that what he's paid to do...ok not be magic but surely its his job to try as best he can to find a winning formula.

IMO there is nothing more that Danny can do as far as improving the results on top of what he has already done.

There clearly is, we could win for starters.

Fitton and co. need to ask themselves whether they want to stay in this league or not, if they do they need to give Danny the ammunition to bring in fresh faces for the rest of the season and if necessary talk to agents to do that!  If they don't then they can sit back and watch .

Indeed, too little too late.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:15:31 »

I dont know. Cheltenham was bad we did have some good games under Malpas. Tranmere, Franchise, Northampton, Oldham, Scunthorpe - few and far between of course but I dont think its right to say they were all bad

The same utter dogshit Paul Sturrock had in the top half of the table before he left. Only one of todays starting 11 was a 'Malpas' player and that was Big Kev. Infact in Greer, OTJ and Robson-Kanu there were more Wilson players than Malpas players out there today.

Isnt that what he's paid to do...ok not be magic but surely its his job to try as best he can to find a winning formula.

There clearly is, we could win for starters.

Indeed, too little too late.

Spot on Deev-not forgetting the other 2 players that DW brought in and obviously has no belief in whatsoever

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:18:11 »

I din't listen to this. I've been in the pub all day and heading back soon. I take it we were shit.

I support Wilson
I support the board.
The players are mostly shit.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:20:06 »

1.7 points per game

no defeats

We may not need 17 points, maybe 14 or 15 projecting how the table is looking now.  17 points should be safety for sure.

For 17 points, 5 wins, 2 draws, only 3 defeats (Bristol Rovers (H) will be very tough, if Peterborough (A) are already promoted then that's the time to play them).  

There are four games that are going to decide the season.

Mar 21     Hereford (H)           
Mar 24    Northampton (A)         
Mar 28    Yeovil (A)
Apr 11     Brighton (A)     

Crewe and Leyton Orient are probably staying up whatever the Town do.   

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:22:35 »

Spot on Deev-not forgetting the other 2 players that DW brought in and obviously has no belief in whatsoever

They were cheap gambles I suppose. They wont be on much, I'd like to see more of Razak thought he is now effectivly our 3rd choice striker and he looked really good in that reserve game he played.

I now feel, probably for the first time we need another strike, like Corr. He was the perfect striker to bring on with 15/20 minutes to go and be a bit more direct.
flammableBen

« Reply #203 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:23:51 »

1.7 points per game

no defeats

Don't be a spastic DV. That no defeats thing is true if we had to get an average of 1.7 points a game from two games.

If you're claiming we need 17 from 10. Which means there are numerous combinations with different numbers of defeats up to 4 with 6 wins.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:26:26 »

There isn't a hugely intimidating fixture now until the last day. Whether or not we can win them is another thing.... Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:26:49 »

Don't be a spastic DV. That no defeats thing is true if we had to get an average of 1.7 points a game from two games.

If you're claiming we need 17 from 10. Which means there are numerous combinations with different numbers of defeats up to 4 with 6 wins.

Yes thats what I meant. If we won 2 games or drew 2 games etc etc it would change just about everything.

1.7 rounded up is 2...2 points a game is 4 in 2 win and a draw.

It wont stay like that thought, although 20 more points would see us safe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:29:27 »

DV, the same utter doshit that Paul Sturrock had in the top half of the table are now a year and half older (in some cases) and have spent nearly a season (since Sturrock) on a steady decline.  Confidence and that winning mentality is such a massive thing in the game and is bloody hard to get out of and when you take into account that the coaches that they were working with all buggered off with him, except Byrne, to expect them to just switch back on to the form that they were in under sturrock is just mad!

There clearly is, we could win for starters.  Do you realise how stupid that response sounds!  By saying that you sound like a poster off of Thisis or a texter to RS.  If DW could just wave a magic wand and "just win" he would be managing fucking Chelski in the Prem.  Come on DV, you know better than that.  DW can organise the team to perform better to allow them a better chance of better results.  Apart from lacing up his boots and doing a David Beckham against Greece, what more is he supposed to do with a squad that he has been given and the restraints that he is working with from boardroom level?

Maybe it is just me then, I didn't realise that this game was about turning up and "just winning", fucking easy really!  Where did I go wrong, I could have made a career out of this if I would have realised just how easy it really is.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
flammableBen

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:29:52 »

Yes thats what I meant. If we won 2 games or drew 2 games etc etc it would change just about everything.

1.7 rounded up is 2...2 points a game is 4 in 2 win and a draw.

It wont stay like that thought, although 20 more points would see us safe.

Yes. But win - draw - win - draw isn't the only combination with which you can get 1.7 points a game. It' a very arbitrary pattern to pick out.
glos_robin

« Reply #208 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:33:52 »

Just got back and hate to say it but we are as going down as we're just not good enough. Leeds were poor and we dealt with them fairly well but as always even when we appear comfortable we shoot ourselves in the foot and gift them a goal. How their player was left completely on his own I'll never know but he was and it cost us, as ever though our players didn't seem to give a shit and shrugged their shoulders and walked off.
We had a great chance near the end with 3 players on their own and one of them only needed to get a decent connection and it was in but instead they just rolled it to their keeper.

All in all I hope most of our players end up unemployed next season because if they don't give a shit about playing for us and getting paid our money then I don't give a shit if things get hard for them. Hopefully Wilson gets some funds in the summer and we can do a proper rebuild job.

On another not were we sent Tudor-Jones as an early April fools day joke by Swansea as he's useless and I don't really know what he is supposed to offer.......that said Timlin was dire again, one day we will see a proper midfielder but we don't seem to have one at the club at the moment.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, March 14, 2009, 20:37:17 »

I think we need 52 or 53 points to be safe, that's 17 or 18 points.

My prediction for the rest of the season is:

Southend (H) 1-1
Hereford (H) Win 2-0
Northampton (A) 2-2
Yeovil (A) Win 2-1
Crewe (H) Win 2-1
Brighton (A) Lose 3-1
Leyton Orient (H) Win 3-1
Carlisle (A) Lose 2-0
Bristol Rovers (H) Draw 2-2
Peterborough (A) Lose 2-0

Those results would take us to 50 points.

Most important games without a doubt are Hereford (H), Northampton (A), Yeovil (A), Leyton Orient (H) and Crewe (H), I predicted above that we would get 13 points from those 5 games.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: