Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Message for Mr. Fitton  (Read 19021 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 14:53:28 »

I'll get a season ticket when we start averaging 1.6 a game.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 15:05:27 »

How many 20 man brawls have we been in this season? Not enough, i'd wager.

Exactly. Someone kicks one of our players and the rest of them dont look bothered 90% of the time. The players might come out with PR guff about "how all the lads get on well and have a good spirit" but we dont see any evidence of that on the pitch.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 15:08:18 »

Dont lie, I see you as the 1.2 sort.
flammableBen

« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 15:08:35 »

Sorry.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 19:15:28 »

What's that got to do with it Rob?  You're saying Stockport are in financial woe because of the youngsters in their team?  I would argue it's probably helped them out if anything.

It was in relation to trying to copy a team, Stockport having financial problems would suggest they've spent beyond their means still.  No idea how or why, maybe they paid them all too much to stick around with them.  The only 2 clubs I ever thought it worth us copying are now doing a good impression of clubs in turmoil - Charlton and Crewe.  We'd fit in between the two in terms of size and potential etc and they seemed to be well run businesses while managing to produce teams worth watching.  Crewe seem to be struggling with life after Gradi and Charlton got a little caught up in the whole "lets get a new Manager in every 6 months thing".

We are trailblazers now, we just don't know whether this season is going to symptematic of how things will be for years, or if we are just going to experience a few years of pain before the rest of the league has to adjust itself and we find ourselves ahead of the game.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 19:38:25 »

Managers?
flammableBen

« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 19:39:03 »

We're getting there.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 19:42:16 »

It was in relation to trying to copy a team, Stockport having financial problems would suggest they've spent beyond their means still.  No idea how or why, maybe they paid them all too much to stick around with them.  The only 2 clubs I ever thought it worth us copying are now doing a good impression of clubs in turmoil - Charlton and Crewe.  We'd fit in between the two in terms of size and potential etc and they seemed to be well run businesses while managing to produce teams worth watching.  Crewe seem to be struggling with life after Gradi and Charlton got a little caught up in the whole "lets get a new Manager in every 6 months thing".

We are trailblazers now, we just don't know whether this season is going to symptematic of how things will be for years, or if we are just going to experience a few years of pain before the rest of the league has to adjust itself and we find ourselves ahead of the game.

Oh right I get you, no I wasn't meaning we should copy the Stockport County mantra, all I meant was it's good to see a club playing young'uns and it playing off compared to us this season. 
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 20:46:03 »

I work saturdays now and feel sadly like,aside from the pre-match pubbage,i'm not missing out on much.Most of the mid-week games i do make are pretty uninspiring,the players don't seem up for it and the atmosphere has been effected by this knowledge.Hard to get worked up and behind the players if your waiting for them to concede,wonder if the season ticket offer has effected it as well?A lot of Town enders maybe moving to other parts of the ground?
I don't expect the board to pump in a ton of money but we need some new players,need some excitement and some inducement for fans to support the team again.
At the end of the day i'd sooner be a town fan than anything else,sure it'll come good again  Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 21:00:17 »

Most decent teams, even really good ones have a couple of players with an element of thuggishness about them. Our players are like fairies most of the time. I'd be well happy to see us sign a couple of big aggressive skinheads

I like that theory. i can remember going to Elm Park mid 90's and we nicked a 1-0 win, all the reading fans i know whinged that we were a team of 6 ft skinhead bruisers, and it wasnt football/fair, blah blah blah. One of my favourite ever wins, so maybe we do need that sort of element, that or put in place a no more than grade 2 haircut policy for players when signing.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, January 21, 2009, 21:25:04 »

Easton's got worse since he cut his hair off. I think the trampy look is the way to go.
deltaincline

« Reply #161 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 01:18:11 »

Our players are like fairies most of the time. I'd be well happy to see us sign a couple of big aggressive skinheads

A-fucking-men to that statement, CT!

I don't think we have one 'nasty fucker' in the squad at the moment. Gurney was the last one I can remember, but he allegedly got moved on by King for a crime against a fellow squad member.

Criticise Gurney all you want, but very few visiting players would fuck with a character like him, and that air of menace that he had about him permeated throughout the squad.

Ditto that for the likes of Ruddock, Mooney, Calderwood and Taylor. All very different players, but none of them took any shit and they all demanded / commanded /expected total commitment and performances of their fellow players. It's almost like having an extra player if the whole team buys into the 'I'll be OK - XYZ will pile in if I'm in the shit' and then lets go of any fear about the opposition and gets on with playing their own game.

The more I think about it, we really could do with a couple of capable hard fuckers in the squad, just to put some backbone into the side and to get some passion back on the terraces. I think most of us want or expect to see a mixture of silky skills, 100% effort and some blood and guts during a match, but some added passion and an element of the unexpected that a hard player brings to the game would be a welcome relief from some of the man-bag wearing PC cunts in the current squad.

LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 08:46:26 »

Someone like Scott Leitch in his prime would be fantastic...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 09:47:58 »

Someone like Scott Leitch in his prime would be fantastic...

Or Nijholt

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 10:00:33 »

Terry Fenwick was our great leg breaker in his hort period here I seem to remember.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: