Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Message for Mr. Fitton  (Read 19056 times)
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:04:07 »

Question:

Do you lot think that the current owners would have been able to unravel the total financial mess that they took on from Mick the Bubble and his gang of crooks in 12 months?

I personally think it'll be another 12 months before the club is in a stable enough position to seriously look at moving forward in a meaningful way.

I don't think Malpas was a "mistake".  I think it was a calculated risk that was designed to keep things ticking over until such a time where the club is stable financially off the pitch and the owners have dealt with all the financial issues, including the Bill Power situation.

Until that situation arises, the owners may be considered to be a little foolhardy to throw immense amounts of cash at the playing squad and bearing in mind our finishing position last season, perhaps they felt that although there were shortcomings in the squad, significant investment at this time wouldn't be necessary to keep us in the division.

I said in the Huddersfield match day thread that we are as good as relegated. I still thank that will be case. I think that Wilson will be able to take this club to the championship. I think the board will invest cash into the playing squad. I don't think it will be this season and when they do, I think it will be in the 4th Division.

I guess my point is that you should keep your chin's up and remember, we're playing the long game. We are not Man City.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:05:57 »

Oh blimey I agree with an Ironside post. Apart from the "as good as relegated" bit. We're bad, but we're not the only ones.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:06:03 »

Going completely off at a tangent here: Reg, you have been a supporter longer than myself which is a flipping long time, I want to ask you this, do you still enjoy match days?
Do you get like me totally demoralised by the performances of many players who do not give a shit about the shirt they pull over their necks? We as supporters deserve so much more.

I've still got exactly the same passion as I've always had...however it's dormant, you can't get excited by some of the shit we've seen this season...you're right about needing to reclaim pride in being a Town fan, but we need to see a few performances and results to make it happen.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:08:30 »

I can't believe some people on here actually. It's turning into thisis. I'm just happy we actually have a club to support. What's wrong? We have the best owners we have had for years and years and they are more likely to take us forward than the likes of Mike D etc. Besides when have we actually been good for the last 10 years? We haven't really. What do people expect? We are now being run like a football club should be run. We stick to our wage bill and we don't overspend etc etc. The board made a mistake with MM we all know that. I think Wilson will turn things around although it does look bad at the moment. But i was there when we went down to league two last time and if it happens again i'll be there again. Maybe a promotion season from league two, a few decent managers and new owners has raised expectations way too much?
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:13:25 »

I can't believe some people on here actually. It's turning into thisis. I'm just happy we actually have a club to support. What's wrong? We have the best owners we have had for years and years and they are more likely to take us forward than the likes of Mike D etc. Besides when have we actually been good for the last 10 years? We haven't really. What do people expect? We are now being run like a football club should be run. We stick to our wage bill and we don't overspend etc etc. The board made a mistake with MM we all know that. I think Wilson will turn things around although it does look bad at the moment. But i was there when we went down to league two last time and if it happens again i'll be there again. Maybe a promotion season from league two, a few decent managers and new owners has raised expectations way too much?
To be honest i think half of them have moved on here
dell boy

« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:16:38 »

You know I cant remember anyone on here complaining about the management side, its the passion with the players which is the problem.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:20:12 »

Oh blimey I agree with an Ironside post. Apart from the "as good as relegated" bit. We're bad, but we're not the only ones.

Sit down, take a drink, you must be in shock...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:21:10 »

You know I cant remember anyone on here complaining about the management side, its the passion with the players which is the problem.

Which is fair enough and in some cases justified. But i can't remember the last time I saw a Swindon Town 11 all showing passion. Even the 2003/04 team didn't really show great passion they were just bloody good. No one plays for clubs/the passion of the game anymore as such. It's all about money.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:24:03 »

A 1-0 defeat vs Reading towards the end of the 90's.  Lots of passion that night, still lost though, so it counts for fuck all.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:25:50 »

A 1-0 defeat vs Reading towards the end of the 90's.  Lots of passion that night, still lost though, so it counts for fuck all.

And that little shit Cureton scored the winner...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:26:19 »

Actually, the 4-1 (think they got 1) vs Cambridge back in the Hoddle era was probably the last game I remember seeing us really stoked up and it working a treat as well.  Hoddle got very wound-up by Beck's style and really wanted to rub their noses in it.  I'm sure he eithe megged someone or did a Cruyff turn in our own box rather than just clear it like he should have.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:30:25 »

Would the Swansea game on NYD not count as passionate?
Spencer_White

« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:35:17 »

This is our second season that has been very dissapointing.

A better manager would have cleared out some of the players that have let us down in the summer. Its been a long drawn out falling out with a lot of the players.

I dont enjoy watching this team. They dont excite me. They dont try hard. Dare I say it but what we need is a Tommy Mooney. Someone who gives 100% and wont accept slacking from other players.

Im only going to Leicester away. Il keep going to home games, but I do what I want. I know Mex has left for games at 6am, got back at midnight, and worked for another 5 hours after. That is not healthy. I dont think many of the current squad would have the dedication to do that for anything!

At the moment I would say just chill out. Take a few games out, its a great time not to go if you are feeling this way. Hopefully we will have a massive clear out in the summer and we can come back and look forward to seeing some players who really do have some desire and effort.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:35:48 »

Game v Wigan under King...when they waltzed the league only losing 4 games, one being at the CG.

Invincibile played out of his skin...interestingly he's just extended his contract at Killie today until 2011, which will mean an 8 year stint there.  Not many would have predicted that back then.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 19:35:55 »

Next person who says "its just like thisis" gets banned.

When your team is shit it isn't implausible that people should want a bit of a moan and a whinge about it.Nobody thought we'd win the league and we certainly didnt think we'd be this wank.50% of supporting a team like Swindon is enjoying a bloody good moan you sanctamonius happy clappy cunts.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: