Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Message for Mr. Fitton  (Read 19116 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 13:59:10 »

I guess because being shit when you're struggling to just keep the club afloat is one thing, whereas being shit and looking a bit lacking in ambition when you've a couple of board members in the top 30 richest men in football is a bit of a pisser.

I think that's the case too. The unfortunate thing is, I think if our players were playing to anything near their capabilities we'd have greater form this season than we did in that.

It's going to take both greater effort from the players and the fans (which I think we did have in 05/06) to get us out of trouble. I don't think the players can wait for the fans to start getting behind them and I don't think the fans can wait for something to happen on the pitch.

As a club we've forgotten how to play and as a set of fans we've forgotten how to support. Something has to give.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 13:59:47 »

i agree with mex 100% it's not a post i would have expected him to write, but it sums up my feelings too.i haven't been to the last 3 home games and i aint missing it.i cannot remember the last time prior to now that i've missed more than one home game on the trot, as it's been years.
we have a shambolic team(the goals conceeded on saturday are truly awful for a catalogue of reasons) and a being a financiall ystable club on the brink of relegation isn't anything like i imagined it would be this season.gates will be dismal along with season ticket renews next season unless fitton does something drastic to win fans back

But what can he do?? At the end of the day whilst it his job to appoint the managers etc it's not him that puts out the team, chooses tactics etc. We are a small club and sometimes I wish more of our fans realised that, we can't afford to keep getting big names in as we've done in the past because it almost fucked us over completely. You could say it's lacking in ambition, or maybe it's sensible for a board who have spent shitloads just getting us out of debt and investing in two decent players (McNamee and Cox). If this is how our fans support our club then honestly we don't deserve any success.

A good performance and a win next week and everyone's all smiles again.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 14:02:25 »

Each to their own and all that. It's peoples money and they can do what they want.

However, if the opinions of Mex are voice of the majority - then we're in long term trouble.

People stuck with Swindon through the worst kind of football regimes, it's sad that when stability arrives we ditch the club because there hasn't been instant progress.

At this point in time we've certainly taken a step backwards on the pitch - if we go down history will see it as a disaster for the club (and rightly so), if we survive it's a lesson learned - a lesson we can work on, I hope.

This isn't happy clapping or blind optimism - we're in trouble. However I've never bought into 3/5/10 year plans in football, I always expected turning our fortunes around to be a long drawn affair.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 14:14:03 »

But what can he do?? At the end of the day whilst it his job to appoint the managers etc it's not him that puts out the team, chooses tactics etc. We are a small club and sometimes I wish more of our fans realised that, we can't afford to keep getting big names in as we've done in the past because it almost fucked us over completely. You could say it's lacking in ambition, or maybe it's sensible for a board who have spent shitloads just getting us out of debt and investing in two decent players (McNamee and Cox). If this is how our fans support our club then honestly we don't deserve any success.

A good performance and a win next week and everyone's all smiles again.

he and his fellow board members could spend some more of their vast fortunes on stfc.
i dont expect that,but i'd like it and money works.

i think like alot of fans i see that stfc could have potential.i've seen the good days,and endured the last few years of shit.fitton coming in raised all our hopes,but it's not really going how i thought it would.i have dreams of us doing a reading,wigan,hull,fulham etc.we could be a side like that if things were done similarly.i think others see us that way too tails.i wont turn my back on stfc,and it will always be my club.but at the moment i am not motivated enough to go and sit through the shite that it has been this season, when i can do other things that are more enjoyable.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 14:29:02 »

It's quite sad reading some of the posts on here. Like RP says, each to their own, and I can understand that money and family can prevent you from going to games, but for those who simply can't be arsed, you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Yes we're shit now, but we won't be shit forever and when we have a successful season again, I'll appreciate it because I will recall how shite I feel now.

But you can't turn your back on it, can you? Really? Saturdays aren't the same without football, and until I have a son old enough to play and watch instead, I'll still go.

And all those asking Fitton to throw money at the club, surely you must realise that it's counter-productive, that it's actions like that that has put  us in this shitter of a situation in the first place? We've been chasing our tail since 1992.

We'd all love to spend millions but we haven't got it. And why would they throw their own personal money at us, given that they're successful businessman?

Danny Wilson will improve us, but it won't happen overnight.

When he does, I'll be there.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 14:38:40 »

Juddie your post sums up my own sentiments exactly.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 14:40:16 »

it seems ridiculously early to throw in the towell.

This.

I naively had high hopes for this year, based on some encouraging performances towards the end of last season, but it hasn't worked out. I'm disappointed about it, but there you go. From the amount of effort that was put into saving the club last season, I thought it meant more to people.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 14:53:20 »

I'm not saying Fitton and co are beyond criticism because we're now financially stable. Far from it. Malpas was an awful decision and our signings have been bad, but I'd like to give fitton the chance to make up for it and let wilson do what he does best. Like DW has stated, we're not at the top of the food chain when it comes to signings, that's the nature of where we are. We're a shit league one club, so any clubs we're dealing with are going to want to see what they can do in the transfer market first before releasing players.

We are going to have to be patient when it comes to new signings.

I'm sure our transfer policy goes beyond giving two supposed clowns a trial, but if one of them turns out to be half decent, and cheap, then why not take a punt?

Fitton and co have invested their time and money in this club and while they haven't got it all right yet, I'm prepared to reserve judgement, hoping we stay up this year and improve when wilson builds his own side in the summer.

so life's on pause for a year, could be worse...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 15:04:16 »

I think we've all seen a lot, lot worse than this.

The Chairman made a terrible decision with the Malpas appointment, but I think I'm going to give him a little longer than 12 months to sort things out.

Likewise, I think I'll give the manager a little longer than 1 month to sort things out on the pitch.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 15:09:46 »

I think Juddie echoed my opinions.

However, Swindon Town is part of an entertainment industry where crowd size plays a massive part in future progress and at the moment the people are not entertained so why should they go?

We cannot afford to lose more fans so the board need to think short term aswell as long term at the moment.
Danjackson10

« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 15:12:10 »

I think Juddie echoed my opinions.

However, Swindon Town is part of an entertainment industry where crowd size plays a massive part in future progress and at the moment the people are not entertained so why should they go?

We cannot afford to lose more fans so the board need to think short term aswell as long term at the moment.

your spot on rich! its just not entertaining and at the moment it becomes harder and harder to drag myself to games! im litterally going because i always have not really because i want to!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 15:14:35 »

I have cut back on away games this season due to our performances but will never miss a home game. This forum has made me realise how much I love this club really. Things have been piss poor so far but atleast we have a club and if we had the same board we did last season we wouldn’t have a club now, we would be AFC Swindon or something else. We have no divine right at success. Yes AF and crew should throw some money at it to stay up and then push on next season but I don;’t see it happening. We don’t want to pay agents fees so players will likely go somewhere else, Our time will come, Probably not for another 2 or 3 years admittedly but if we are in L2 next season and it goes as well as it did last time we will all be happy again so…

I think in 2005/06 we were more tolerant because we knew we were rubbish but the players worked their asses off and did try to their credit, where as the team this season arguably is a lot better talent wise but they are not playing to their strengths and half the time don’t look bothered.  The team that got relegated before were proud to wear the shirt (except Cureton) whilst almost everyone in this team looks as if they would rather be somewhere else.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 15:20:16 »

I have no real big points to make, but i feel like i'm falling out of love with football right now. I don't enjoy watching the Town (especially at home) and i don't really enjoy watching it on TV/reading about it. I can't put my finger on it.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 15:28:33 »

I must be quite sadistic in that I enjoy going to football, even with the crap performances we've had lately. I'm certainly under-enthused with the football on the pitch (having 4 or 5 pints before the game certainly helps), but I'm not yet at the stage where I can say I don't want to go to games anymore or won't be getting a season ticket next term.

People have their own prerogative for not attending games whilst we're not playing so well, be it travelling distance, financial reasons, family commitments etc. which I don't have a problem with, but for me the whole being a fan thing means you stick with your team through thick or thin and don't give it up at the drop of a hat.

DW needs time to make his influence on the team. So far he's only had 3 league games in which he's had to use players a previous manager has brought in. I really believe that if DW is allowed to bring in his own players that we will turn things around on the pitch and will see an improvement in both results and league position.

One thing that does intrigue me is why Mex's post is aimed at Fitton? Apart from transfers, what else can he be expected to do to influence our performances and results.

With regards to transfers and without knowing the transfer goings on at the club i.e. who we're targeting, how much we're paying, why they rejected us etc. it's really hard for me to judge Fitton and criticise him for seemingly sitting on his hands and not getting everything done yesterday. It is frustrating that we haven't got anyone in yet and that players are rejecting us in favour of other club's who will pay more money and/or deal with agents, but I accept that's the way Fitton wants the club ran.

We've still got 21 league fixtures before I make my decision about next season, although I'll probably buy another season ticket regardless because like others have said - I just can't imagine Saturday's without football.
overthehill

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 15:34:02 »

If you have read the Lou Macari autobiography you would understand why some of us older folk are dissolusioned with the present day team.
Even though most of his players lacked talent they all made up for it by working and training hard. In a word passion.
There is none of that to be found in this team.

When you're smiling.........
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: