Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Message for Mr. Fitton  (Read 19075 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 16:51:06 »

Ive lost interest,I now consider my self a casual fan that goes when he can be arsed.Once you get over the guilt of missing a home match for no real reason it then turns to two and before you know it you've not been for a few months.Its really quite liberating.

Yeovil yesterday you wanted to become a Citeh fan!  Soapy Tit Wank

Actually, i also heard 606 on sunday and the plans that City have for a new hotel complex and
factory for manufacturing merchandise.They've offered 400 million for Eastlands and the area to
Manchester council.

Did you also hear on 606,Steve from Swindon who's a Palace fan? Swindon accent yet he supports
Palarse? What the feck is that about? At least he isn't a Premiershit fan.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Rich Pullen

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 16:52:39 »

Just the same as Wiltshire folk support all the other clubs other than Swindon. It's because they don't want to.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 16:53:51 »

It's amazing that Teams who are really shit have any supporters.

It could be worse, you could have been a Rochdale fan for the last twenty years.

It's All Good..............
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 16:54:35 »

I like doing that other stuff, too, every now and again. I don't go to every town game so it's nice when I do. I was talking more to those who were saying they wouldn't come back at all.

As for DW and Fitton trying to sell the club... how do they go about doing that? You can't polish a turd; we've been shit for ages and financially unstable for ages, just because they say it's better might not be enough for some people - I'm sure that's what previous boards and managers have said! It's how it must have felt trying to get Kaka, or Kar-kar s some now call him, to go to City!

One thing I'm confident of, Wilson will be more of a draw than Malpas.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 16:55:25 »

To all those people who dont go now because the "football is shit" or "they're not being entertained" tell me how to obtain that mindset,'cause I 've never supported Town for the great scintillating football or to enjoy myself and if I did,I could save myself a shit-load of money?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Rich Pullen

« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 16:57:28 »

To all those people who dont go now because the "football is shit" or "they're not being entertained" tell me how to obtain that mindset,'cause I 've never supported Town for the great scintillating football or to enjoy myself and if I did,I could save myself a shit-load of money?

Quite, but it's what they'll hide behind isn't it.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 16:57:32 »

I'm like you in that respect adje. Sometimes you go knowing it'll be shit, but not being able to stop yourself.

I think it's a mental illness.

It's All Good..............
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 16:59:21 »

Just the same as Wiltshire folk support all the other clubs other than Swindon. It's because they don't want to.

Steve the Palace fan with the Swindon accent,gave an embarassed laugh when he said he was
from Swindon, yet supports Palace.He also winged about spending 60 quid on travel and ticket
to go to Selhurst Park.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 17:00:49 »

I'll renew with my daughter. I'm not enjoying my football any more but if its a choice between getting away from the Mrs for a coupel of hours or having her nag me for a couple of hours then its a non brainer.
A divorce is more expensive than a season ticket so financially it makes sense.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 17:02:07 »

I'm like you in that respect adje. Sometimes you go knowing it'll be shit, but not being able to stop yourself.

I think it's a mental illness.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in my case !

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 17:06:55 »

"It doesn't happen overnight. Confidence that has been eroded in 18 months can't be repaired in a week or two. We have got to slowly work at it and try to get a few results."

That's Nigel Clough talking about Derby, but it's true of our team and Danny Wilson as well. And if you look at the club as a whole, you could argue that confidence that has been eroded in 13 years can't be repaired in 12 months either.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 17:08:04 »

As for DW and Fitton trying to sell the club... how do they go about doing that? You can't polish a turd; we've been shit for ages and financially unstable for ages, just because they say it's better might not be enough for some people - I'm sure that's what previous boards and managers have said! It's how it must have felt trying to get Kaka, or Kar-kar s some now call him, to go to City!

One thing I'm confident of, Wilson will be more of a draw than Malpas.

I certainly hope so and believe that he will be,but the Anyinsah bid was worrying.Here was a player
Wilson knew as a youngster at Bristol City,has family in Bristol, but still we couldn't get.It was probably wages and i know he was on loan at Carlisle last season,so he knew the club.It's really
a vision of the club that they need to sell,but i suppose it'll be wages at the end of the day at
this level  Roll Eyes

Let's hope for a big clearout in the summer,a new start and that we're still in League 1.

juddie

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 17:14:30 »

the key is staying in league one, then we can consign this season to the history books. It's been one to forget so far, shame as I'd bought my first season ticket in ages, and judging by comments on here, many won't be renewing like me?!
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 17:24:23 »

Most posters on this thread have tried to be constructive and have shown how football still matters
deep down inside.Hope and optimism in this day and age are at a low ebb,maybe just maybe,STFC
can reinvigorate us once again.I really hope so  Smiley

juddie

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, January 20, 2009, 17:27:36 »

on that, we are agreed!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: