Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket part 2  (Read 19785 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 12:16:37 »

I've got a few of those on my list....notably Cheltnumb, and Ipswich.

Another recentish game was ColU on NYD a few years back, 0-3, when I sat there with a terrible hangover, couldn't even stand and decided the players were in the same state as me.

It's interesting that Peacock in the Adver today alludes to a lack of spirit on Saturday, and that opponents see us as a soft touch....its when you get this that horror shows occur.
glos_robin

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 12:44:44 »

the Colchester match made my top 20 as did a 3-1 defeat at home to Luton and similar scoreline against Crewe and a 3-0 defeat at home to Norwich..............we've seen some good stuff in the last 12 years.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 13:32:54 »

the Colchester match made my top 20 as did a 3-1 defeat at home to Luton and similar scoreline against Crewe and a 3-0 defeat at home to Norwich..............we've seen some good stuff in the last 12 years.

I'd say though that some of these are getting into routine defeats, not your absolute utter shit stuff...that Crewe game for example, very open we created loads played resonably, they had Ashton and Hulse up front, who for Div 3 were a very tidy partnership and were just too good..
glos_robin

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 14:05:49 »

Good point on the Crewe game, not sure about the Luton one though, I remember having a horrible journey back on the the train as we were so bad the Luton fans were ripping it out of us.

I suppose you could add the Cardiff and Stoke tv matches to the list as we went through a stage where we were like a bunch of amateurs whenever we played on the TV, although judging by Yeovil last season not alot has changed, the City and Lincoln matches must have been blips.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 14:51:07 »

I like this question, it's been a struggle but my 10 (well technically 12) would be:

the Cheltenham town 3-0 defeat about 4 years ago was abysmal

That was one of the worst games I have seen

I come from a land down-under
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 14:51:57 »

That Cardiff game was indeed a horror show....that ugly midget Earnshaw scores, Daisy get a red for not tackling their player who dived....then to cap the lot Booby Howe, finally gets himself into the pantheon of hated STFC players, by heading it straight into.....I think Boland's path, when the ball was going out harmlessly for a goal kick.

I suspect Sky may give us a miss this season.....no idea how the baiting of Mooney came over on the box, but it doesn't usually happen to their guests.

That Yeovil goal kind of sums us up at the moment....6foot+ black fella, with a bandage round his head, completely unmarked, like nobody notices he's there.  Akinfenwa was the same.
EB1

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 16:17:43 »

FA Cup, 2nd Round 2002 has got be one of the lowest points....

Scum 1 - STFC 0 

Live on the BBC as well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 16:44:44 »

That Oxford game come close to my all time low  - Cheltenham away as above. That is the only time the Town shirt went in the bin and it took a long time to get the urge to return back (although I was probably at the next home game).
--
Inept performances, well there have been that many that after a while they no longer shock you. In our recent relegation year I got so desensitised that even our 6-1 (or was it more) away defeat to Forest didn't really make much of an impression. I guess by then in that season I expected us to go down and had given up caring.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 16:48:49 »

it was 7. that was one of my favourite away days

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 16:50:09 »

FA Cup, 2nd Round 2002 has got be one of the lowest points....

Scum 1 - STFC 0 

Live on the BBC as well.

The debate is about home game humiliations in the league....cup games are always a bit random, away games can always be iffy.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 16:51:19 »

Not in the league i know, but surely stevengae must be up there

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 16:57:35 »

Not in the league i know, but surely stevengae must be up there

That would have to be in the home humiliation cup game thread...you don't get cup games on a season ticket, which is how the thread started.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 16:58:30 »

A cup humiliation thread would run forever really wouldnt it

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 17:02:27 »

A cup humiliation thread would run forever really wouldnt it

We've lost to non league side every decade I've been alive, except the present, still time to go, could you see us avoiding defeat at a half decent non league side?

I'm really hoping we avoid it, but fear the worst.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 17:08:28 »

Well we did lose to cheltenham!

If we get a cup draw away at some northen non-league side, on a wet windy day in front of the live TV cameras i could easily see us losing

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: