Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket part 2  (Read 19727 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 17:13:22 »

Well we did lose to cheltenham!

If we get a cup draw away at some northen non-league side, on a wet windy day in front of the live TV cameras i could easily see us losing

I was pleasantly surprised we scraped past FGR last season....and that was at home.

norvern non-league wet windy *shudder*

at least Barnet were officially a league club.
glos_robin

« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 17:40:27 »

Another pearler was losing 2-0 at home in the late 90's to Reading. They had the town disasters that were Gareth Davies and Nicky Hammond starting for them and Micheal Meaker on the bench so to not score against them is a good showing of ineptitude.
glos_robin

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 17:45:56 »

Although not a defeat I think I have remembered THE home league game that sums us up though Reg and for the second half alone deserves a place in the inept hall of fame, what do you think.....the Portsmouth 3-3 draw.
EB1

« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 18:12:31 »

Re: Season ticket part 2
« Reply #84 on: Today at 17:50:09 » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: EB1 on Today at 17:17:43
FA Cup, 2nd Round 2002 has got be one of the lowest points....

Scum 1 - STFC 0 

Live on the BBC as well.

The debate is about home game humiliations in the league....cup games are always a bit random, away games can always be iffy.

Well that was me told off then wasn't it... shall i go and stand in the corner?
Twas' still one of the all time lows  Tongue Out
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 18:13:55 »

It was bloody cold too wasn't it EB1.
Sussex

« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 18:18:36 »

Very cold. First game I'd taken my dad to. Hasn't seemed that keen on going to another Town game since. Ho hum.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 18:48:30 »

Point of Order!

So where's the statement Jan PROMISED us on the OS? (What's OWS Jan?) How come Bart gets a refund for now but others are being processed? Is it because of his sunny disposition?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 18:55:29 »

Although not a defeat I think I have remembered THE home league game that sums us up though Reg and for the second half alone deserves a place in the inept hall of fame, what do you think.....the Portsmouth 3-3 draw.

That was the game where the late Aaron Flahaven passed out, had to go off,and an outfield player went in goal....we then proceded to try and hold a lead, didn't have a shot  for about 30 mins and conceded in teh last minute?

I seem to remember Pompey were almost down, but their fans dragged them through...fair play to them.
glos_robin

« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 19:00:06 »

That is the one, we were 3-0 up I think Iffy had collided with Flahaven knocking a few of his teeth out......outfield player went in goal, we didn't even have a shot at him conceded a goal just before half time so they were back in it and another 2 in the second half. A result that only we would be able to manage really.
deltaincline

« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 22:27:46 »

No money taken from my account so far.

Still waiting for a statement or explanation as to whether this is just an administrative fuck-up. I'm surprised Nick Watkins hasn't at least made a holding statement to reassure people (apologies if it's gone up and I've missed it.)

Have the Trust or Supporters Club said anything about this today? I'd be interested to know their slant/s on it or if they've spoken to the club about it.

I dont want to slate Fitton and his board as they've been nothing short of fucking ace since they came here, but fuck-ups like this that potentially cost people money are no joke and taints the good work they have done in the summer. I hope to fuck that they cool this shit down soon.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 23:08:19 »

glos, didnt flahaven just pass out, and iffy looked a bit confused, but still scored?

flahaven was diagnosed with some condition that made him pass out every now and then for no reason didnt he? did he pass away in a car accident on the motorway which was assumed he fell unconcious beforehand?

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 23:12:40 »

Flahaven was narcoleptic I think.

After he died they found he was well over the drink drive limit and bbasically that's why he lost control of the car.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 23:20:06 »

Actually I think I may have made the narcoleptic bit up, but I'm sure he was well over the limit when they found his body.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 06:02:49 »

Trust email....

Season ticket installments: important
=====================================
If you paid for your season ticket by credit/debit card, please be aware that the ticket office have started to take payment for the second installment (£120) this week. This has come as a surprise for most, and a shock to some of those who have already had the payment taken as most fans were not expecting the second payment to be taken until it was due at the end of September. We have checked with the club and they have advised that the ticket office are starting to take the second installments as they need to manually process all 5000+ second payments and so need to start now to be complete by the end of September. However, they are aware that in some cases, especially for fans who paid by debit card, this may cause issues if they were not expecting the payment to be taken until the end of next month. Here is what you need to do:

1) If you paid for your season ticket by credit/debit card and do NOT wish to have payment taken until the end of next month, get in touch with the ticket office ASAP and let them know. We are advised that where fans request it, they will not push through payment requests if fans advise them this would cause them difficulties
2) If a 2nd payment has already been taken and this has caused you difficulty or is likely to do so, again please contact the ticket office. We understand refunds are being made to fans who have been put in difficulty by the 2nd payment being taken unexpectedly.
3) As the process is being done manually, this will not have affected all those who paid by debit/credit card as yet. If you are unsure whether your 2nd installment payment has been taken, and this may cause you difficulties please check your account.

The telephone number for the ticket office is 0871 223 2300, or you can send emails to brianp@swindontownfc.co.uk

We have been told the club will do their best NOT to take early payments when processing applications made with a debit card, but that they cannot guarantee to get every debit card application - so if you do believe this is likely to affect you, you should contact the ticket office via the details above. We understand a full statement will be on the club website tomorrow (Wed) morning.

See how the other half live (at football)
=========================================
On a brighter note, season ticket holders are invited to sample the newly refurbished posh suites prior to the Colchester game on Saturday, free of charge. The "Members Suite" (VIP area) will be open to the first 70 season ticket holders to book a free place from 1-2.45 pm, when you then take your usual seat with the rest of us hoi polloi. Depending on your usual matchday garb you may need to dress up a bit - dress code is smart casual (no jeans or trainers) but there's a free buffet (insert your own prawn sandwich comments here), which is always worth putting a shirt on for. It's first come, first served so if this grabs your fancy, further details (including how to book) are on the club website here:
http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Hospitality/0,,10341~1370417,00.html

Podcast
=======
The next issue of our popular series of podcasts will be on the podcasts section of the Trust website tomorrow (Wed) morning - please check http://www.truststfc.co.uk/podcasts.php from around 10 am. This is the first part of a chat with Maurice Malpas, recorded shortly before the pre-season tour of Austria (fortunately, the topics covered are, as always, timeless) and I think most fans will be interested to hear perhaps a slightly more revealing insight into the manager's approach to the game than the usual 2-minute soundbite or post-match quote would allow. For example, hands up who knew Maurice has a degree in electrical engineering? Well, there you are then - if nothing else, we at least know we've got someone qualified on hand to save us from matches being abandoned due to floodlight failure. Other topics covered in this first part include:
+MM's early career in football
+Scotland's last part-time international
+Scouting for players
+Players' wages and attitudes to the game
+Coaching and management

Part two will be on the website shortly.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 08:25:29 »

This is shoddy.

Couldn't they have done this all electronically at once? What's the point of tapping in all the details into the computer? The club definitely should have thought about this before they set up the offer.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: