Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season ticket part 2  (Read 19728 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 08:46:25 »

I agree that it sounds shoddy.

however I wouldn't be too critical of the board as is there an alternative to manually typing in the details? I have know doubt that they will have recognised this "Speed bump" and will strive to improve it in the future, lets not forget that they inherited a shambles. Also they are at least trying to remedy it by allowing people to request that their payment is not paid yet should it be a problem for them.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't be a bit miffed myself, just that these things can and do happen that's all.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 08:56:01 »

To be honest I have never heard of a second payment being taken "up to 1 October" usually the wording says the second payment will be taken "from...", therefore allowing people to prepare for the payment to be taken, this is a bit of an embarrassment if the truth be told.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 09:14:21 »

Can we sing sack the Board now then....maybe a protest when they have the meeting with the high ups from Bath Rugby at the CG....I blame Len Bamber.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 09:53:20 »

It seems here must be an obvious soloution.  Get in a load of staff and extra machines later in the day to do it when it is less likely to screw people and incur bank charges.  I cant imagine it would take more than 3 days to do that.  cant be that expensive and in terms of pr / goodwill would be very valuable.

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 09:58:24 »

This is shoddy.

Couldn't they have done this all electronically at once? What's the point of tapping in all the details into the computer? The club definitely should have thought about this before they set up the offer.
I think that's the underlying problem Si - they were expecting the new ticketing system would be able to do this automagically and for whatever reason it can't. Whether that's because it's duff, they've bought the wrong modules or it simply hasn't been set up right, I'm not sure. But it does seem a bit of a Holtian foot-shooting response to try and then transfer the problem to the customer
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 11:08:00 »

Did they ever launch the online season ticket thingamy doo-dah?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
deltaincline

« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 12:37:50 »

I think that's the underlying problem Si - they were expecting the new ticketing system would be able to do this automagically and for whatever reason it can't. Whether that's because it's duff, they've bought the wrong modules or it simply hasn't been set up right, I'm not sure. But it does seem a bit of a Holtian foot-shooting response to try and then transfer the problem to the customer

I thought the word 'customer' went away when the shit-heads from Newbury left town.... I really hope this is a blip in an otherwise sparkling start to running the club properly and that lessons will be learned by Fitton's men.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 13:34:11 »

I thought the word 'customer' went away when the shit-heads from Newbury left town....
Sorry, I was trying to put the problem in more general business terms. I'm quite embarassed, it's "LeverageGate" all over again
glos_robin

« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 17:27:53 »

glos, didnt flahaven just pass out, and iffy looked a bit confused, but still scored?

flahaven was diagnosed with some condition that made him pass out every now and then for no reason didnt he? did he pass away in a car accident on the motorway which was assumed he fell unconcious beforehand?

Nah the match he passed out in was the 4-2 defeat at there place when we scored a consolation goal whilst he was down. The match where he got knocked out at our place was as a result of a clash with Iffy, he had a few teeth knocked out if IRC. Bit of a tragic story for him they just seemed unable to diagnose what condition he had....
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, August 20, 2008, 22:50:37 »

Having looked at the article on the club site, I note the use of "best endeavours" which hopefully is not the same as how Spurs describe that.  I also see they've gone a whacked a big advert for the season tickets using the £229 price still.  Given that price is impossible to achieve now, methinks someone might want to change it sharpish, not sure it complies with many known advertising rules.  It's a shame they've gone dropped the ball on one of their best bits of work since coming here, and although it's clearly a system and staffing issue, they've approached it all wrong, especially given how the "customers" had been treated before they arrived.
deltaincline

« Reply #115 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 00:44:51 »

Seems to me from the statement made today that the club are attempting to put a brave face (spin) on an obvious admin fuck up.

My sales office machine would piss 10k pre-loaded customer credit card payments for goods in the time it took me to type this sentence. So what prehistoric (shit) IT system are the ticket office fucking about with for processing season ticket sales and, why cant it sort out secondary credit / debit card payments without their sales staff having to input each and every one of them by fucking hand??

flammableBen

« Reply #116 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 06:48:59 »

Link and quote for the lazy and people at work who can't get on the official site. (sorry if I've missed it)
http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10341~1371207,00.html

SEASON TICKET PAYMENT UPDATE
Posted on: Wed 20 Aug 2008

Swindon Town Chief Executive Nick Watkins has confirmed that Season Tickets holders have an option to defer payment for the second half of Season Tickets until mid September.

With 5,200 Season Ticket applications, Box Office staff have begun working to process the applications in advance of the end of September deadline.

"The task of processing the second half of the Season Ticket applications, regrettably with the modest premium, must now get underway as to process 5,200 tickets in advance of September 30th is a mammoth task," said Watkins.
Article continues
Advertisement

"However, given the current economic climate, allied to a strong sense of social responsibility towards its fans, the Club is pleased to offer some form of assistance to those making the second payment, particularly via debit card," he added.

Season Ticket holders requiring time to plan their finances can contact the club via payment@swindontownfc.co.uk and request that payment be deferred until later in September and the club will use best endeavours to ensure that the request is met.

Good bit of spin that. I hope ol' Bob is taking notes.

wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 09:25:46 »

Bottom line is that there must be a lot of people who believe the second instalment is payable ON the 1st October and will be disappointed at least, furious at most especially if it incurs some penalty by funds being taken early.

The apparent cock up could have been avoided if the club had announced before starting to rake in the second lump that processing would start from, say 1st September due to the high volume etc.
The club statement comes across as a bit condescending and patronising.

At least with the previous board you knew you were going to get stuffed.

Apart from this, seriously you're doing a grand job Andrew F, Jeremy, Nicholas, Russell, Andrew B, Sir Martyn ... and James, aaah now I see why.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 12:53:52 »

I'm glad I paid by cash now and will do for part 2 in Oct - maybe I'll pay it in Nov, as that could be my best endevours the ST's go until Dec anyway....
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, August 21, 2008, 14:54:05 »

Having thought about this for a bit, and having realised they've taken my money, i think it's a bit of a fucking joke. I shouldn't have to ask for a refund or deferral. I'm a bit pissed off.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: