Pages: 1 ... 2412 2413 2414 [2415] 2416 2417 2418 ... 4027   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9248776 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #36210 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:10:54 »

I know nothing of Yates personal background, very little of our operation behind the scenes and even less of Blackpool’s. There are a million and one reasons why Yates would prefer to move to Blackpool rather than us without even considering wages

The speculation on both sides, especially so confident, is a bit silly (but the point in a forum I guess)
Speculation on a forum is exactly as you say what a forum is about.

I know a few people who work at the club, I am hearing some good and some not so good things coming out of there at the moment, one of which will cause fan outrage when it happens I am 100% certain of, the other quite the opposite.

Yates has spoken to several fans and expressed his desire to come to Swindon, that may be lip service but it may also be totally true, his GF like it here and his mum apparently favours a move to us (make of that what you will).

He has also spoke to one of my mates who works for the club and has expressed his wanting to come to us on a perm deal, he doesnt want another loan and is really enjoying it under Wellens and wants to stay.

There are so many variables (Reg mode) in a transfer though and almost anything can happen, but the deal is by no means done and dusted in him going to Blackpool.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #36211 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:11:54 »

Reading between the lines I think Yates wanted to come here and Blackpool are pissed off that they’ll probably have to convince him to come by offering him more wages than what they wanted to.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36212 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:20:53 »

Reading between the lines I think Yates wanted to come here and Blackpool are pissed off that they’ll probably have to convince him to come by offering him more wages than what they wanted to.
Yes that could be a possibility for sure.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #36213 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:31:19 »

Their lot seem to think this has stoked up some sort of rivalry - how quaint. Especially as they’ve also taken Steve McMahon (literally chased out of town), Nile Ranger (last chance saloon) and Keshi (Wellens wanted rid).

If Yates does join them, fair enough - but to think it stirs up any feeling towards them is nonsense.

Dirty, northern shithole notwithstanding.
Absolutely, they are an insignificant team who we sometimes play but not regularly, there no rivalry whatsoever.

They are desperate to have someone to hate it seems.

https://avftt.co.uk/index.php?threads/our-new-rivalry-with-swindon.6540/

And on Yates
Has he actually signed?

Not officially yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was announced tomorrow given Nixon's said it's happening.

Absolutely 100% signing for us. He's in Blackpool as we speak.

If he signs for them there won't be any raising in the rivalry stakes whatsoever, hes just another player, he wasn't even our player anyway which makes in weirder.

God almighty they are a bunch of twats.

Take a look at this thread on their forum. Really have it in for us 😂
I haven't seen anyone "have it in for them" at all, self effacing fools.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:34:03 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #36214 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:36:05 »

Speculation on a forum is exactly as you say what a forum is about.

I know a few people who work at the club, I am hearing some good and some not so good things coming out of there at the moment, one of which will cause fan outrage when it happens I am 100% certain of, the other quite the opposite.

Yates has spoken to several fans and expressed his desire to come to Swindon, that may be lip service but it may also be totally true, his GF like it here and his mum apparently favours a move to us (make of that what you will).

He has also spoke to one of my mates who works for the club and has expressed his wanting to come to us on a perm deal, he doesnt want another loan and is really enjoying it under Wellens and wants to stay.

There are so many variables (Reg mode) in a transfer though and almost anything can happen, but the deal is by no means done and dusted in him going to Blackpool.

Care to elaborate more on this? It’s the rumours thread after all.
REDBUCK

« Reply #36215 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:38:09 »

Just more work place gossip no doubt
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36216 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:38:28 »

Care to elaborate more on this? It’s the rumours thread after all.
No sorry, will do it away from public forums but not posted on here.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36217 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:41:10 »

They are desperate to have someone to hate it seems.

Christ its not as if they don't have plenty of neighbours to hate, they only used to have Preston but now Fleetwood and Fylde! I suppose the thing is that Preston, Fleetwood and Fylde have, generally, for the past few years been on the up, Blackpool seem to be in decline.

No sorry, will do it away from public forums but not posted on here.

The lounge then?  Wink
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36218 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:41:49 »

The lounge then?  Wink
PM.

Flashheart

« Reply #36219 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:42:27 »

Any chance of some rumours?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #36220 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:45:50 »

PM.

Venkman's inbox...

Peter Venkman

« Reply #36221 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:46:06 »

Any chance of some rumours?
I wish there were some transfer rumours.

Not a rumour but I hope Grant signs this week Smiley

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36222 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:47:57 »

Absolutely, they are an insignificant team who we sometimes play but not regularly, there no rivalry whatsoever.

The first time we came across Blackpool was 69/70.... up to that point were a middling size club with a decent history....  eg the Matthews Cup Final, still reckoned to be the greatest final... having Alan Ball in the 66  WC winning XI. 

In April 70, it was either us or them for the final auto slot to the top flight.  In that Tangerines side was Jimmy Armfield, an all time great of English football.   28,500 in the CG for this one, and Arthur Horsfield gives us an early lead, but Blackpool get the point they need.

It didn't do Blackpool much good they fell away into the lower leagues, seemingly coinciding with the shifting of 70's holiday making going from Blackpool to Benidorm and Blackpool thus losing it's image as a fun place for decent norvern working class families, to holiday, to something altogether more seedy.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36223 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:55:00 »

Some of the 'football banter' on social media is absolutely cringeworthy. Its almost as bad as the old 'my dad is bigger than your dad' childish nonsense in a playground.

The Blackpool statement in the press is embarrassing as well, screams of desperation to me that they can't get the deal done because we have the temerity to also want a player that was exceptional for us last season and could be a game changer next season.

I'll be glad when a deal is done, either with us or Blackpool.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36224 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:56:04 »

11 draws out of the last 15 meetings suggests that over the years there’s not much between us.

I remember the 6-2 dicking they gave us at the CG, too.
Pages: 1 ... 2412 2413 2414 [2415] 2416 2417 2418 ... 4027   Go Up
Print
Jump to: