Pages: 1 ... 2411 2412 2413 [2414] 2415 2416 2417 ... 3993   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9174034 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #36195 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 17:32:49 »

So they can approach Wellens too?!
Don’t think there’s much love lost between the 2 parties now so I wouldn’t worry about that.

Their current manager had no playing career and has purely been a youth coach to date, not often the recipe for a successful appointment in the lower leagues especially.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #36196 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 17:35:44 »

Absolute bastards, what that says to me is that hes rejected them and they are using that as an excuse to explain to their fans why he signed for us instead of them......eventually.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #36197 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 17:41:56 »

Absolute bastards, what that says to me is that hes rejected them and they are using that as an excuse to explain to their fans why he signed for us instead of them......eventually.

That's one possibility. It seems a very odd way to behave, especially if they are signing him.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #36198 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 17:43:02 »

Most bizarre
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36199 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 17:49:03 »

Don’t think there’s much love lost between the 2 parties now so I wouldn’t worry about that.

Their current manager had no playing career and has purely been a youth coach to date, not often the recipe for a successful appointment in the lower leagues especially.
I'd love to see Yates come here and Critchley do well at Blackpool, finishing a place below us. Be good to see more young British managers succeeding in the game, especially those that have worked hard to earn their stripes by actually coaching instead of just expecting to swan into a job because they used to be a good player.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36200 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 17:50:06 »

They wouldn’t give a shit what Wellens said if they were 100% certain they had signed him.

Anyway, nothing will be certain til next Monday when the window opens.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36201 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 17:52:51 »

especially if they are signing him.
Therein lies the reason. Only an hour ago Blackpool still werent saying anything, probably because hes nowhere near an agreement with them, yet.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/ben-mansford-and-neil-critchley-tight-lipped-jerry-yates-amid-speculation-rotherham-have-accepted-blackpools-bid-2919116

Flashheart

« Reply #36202 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 17:53:09 »

From what I've heard, he was desparate to come back here. I think there's a very real possibility of him rejecting them.

We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #36203 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 18:42:10 »

I don't think Yates has rejected Blackpool or that he will. He's not dumb. They've got a highly rated coach and now they have good owners they're getting decent crowds again. It would be a good move for him.

I'm sure he would like to come back here but if we don't pay enough to grant the opportunity that's meaningless. He won't care if Blackpool get promoted.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #36204 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 20:12:13 »

I don't think Yates has rejected Blackpool or that he will. He's not dumb. They've got a highly rated coach and now they have good owners they're getting decent crowds again. It would be a good move for him.

I'm sure he would like to come back here but if we don't pay enough to grant the opportunity that's meaningless. He won't care if Blackpool get promoted.
You could argue the same for us though. Highly rated coach, good crowds and as far as he is probably aware after a week on holiday paid by the chairman a good owner
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36205 on: Monday, July 20, 2020, 20:58:56 »

You could argue the same for us though. Highly rated coach, good crowds and as far as he is probably aware after a week on holiday paid by the chairman a good owner
And he knows it works well for him here. Lot to be said for that.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #36206 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:46:28 »

And he knows it works well for him here. Lot to be said for that.
Both good points.

But as Tails says he would be dumb to blank them IF they were offering far more in wages.

Yes he wants to come back but if he is holding out knowing that if a bid is accepted from Swindon then he would be on similar money at a club he wants to be at....well thats also a no brainer.

Some player relish happiness over wages, especially if Blackpool are offering a similar wage as we would (we don't know and won't ever know that). I think Yates is right in biding his time, he would be a fool to not weigh up ALL his options.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #36207 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:57:22 »

a good owner

You've done it now....  Popcorn Popcorn
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #36208 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 08:58:39 »

I know nothing of Yates personal background, very little of our operation behind the scenes and even less of Blackpool’s. There are a million and one reasons why Yates would prefer to move to Blackpool rather than us without even considering wages

The speculation on both sides, especially so confident, is a bit silly (but the point in a forum I guess)

Things get better but they never get good
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36209 on: Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 09:05:45 »

Their lot seem to think this has stoked up some sort of rivalry - how quaint. Especially as they’ve also taken Steve McMahon (literally chased out of town), Nile Ranger (last chance saloon) and Keshi (Wellens wanted rid).

If Yates does join them, fair enough - but to think it stirs up any feeling towards them is nonsense.

Dirty, northern shithole notwithstanding.
Pages: 1 ... 2411 2412 2413 [2414] 2415 2416 2417 ... 3993   Go Up
Print
Jump to: