Pages: 1 ... 2373 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 2379 ... 3964   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8869265 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #35625 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 20:24:08 »

On another note, Tom Smith being linked with Plymouth and Exeter on twitter
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #35626 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 20:28:33 »

Plymouth? Exeter I can understand. Plym seems a bit too decent for him at this moment in time.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #35627 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 20:36:08 »

You are always forgiven, now we have our own donkey back then maybe Yates will choose to sign for us rather than Blackpool Smiley

Very good of you.  If I had anything to do with it Yates would be signing.  Cracking player.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Panda Paws

« Reply #35628 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 21:24:35 »

We definitely shouldn't break the bank for Doyle. Not a wise long term investment.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #35629 on: Monday, June 29, 2020, 21:50:20 »

Was Doyle a one season wonder? Didn’t do much when he came back? Did Bradford destroy his confidence?

Wellens will have a budget per type of player. I think he would put an offer on the table and if you don’t like it, off her trot.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #35630 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 07:57:26 »

I agree with Donkey - if we could only afford Yates or Doyle then It should be Yates. Not only is he a long term prospect, with re-sale value, but I think some on here underestimated his importance in the team’s system Last season.
Looking ahead, I’m not expecting signings to be confirmed  until there is more clarity on when and how (eg with crowds at games, and what limits) the 20-21 season is to start, and also what the impact of COVID-19 has on our sponsorship revenue - Imagine Cruising must have taken at hit, for example.
Also, looking at sports news sites, very few other L1 teams are making signings - this summer’s window and pre season will be very different.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35631 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 08:23:04 »

I agree with Donkey - if we could only afford Yates or Doyle then It should be Yates. Not only is he a long term prospect, with re-sale value, but I think some on here underestimated his importance in the team’s system Last season.
Looking ahead, I’m not expecting signings to be confirmed  until there is more clarity on when and how (eg with crowds at games, and what limits) the 20-21 season is to start, and also what the impact of COVID-19 has on our sponsorship revenue - Imagine Cruising must have taken at hit, for example.
Also, looking at sports news sites, very few other L1 teams are making signings - this summer’s window and pre season will be very different.

Think we have to accept that 20/21, if it goes ahead at all, isn't going to be "back to normal"   Throw into the mix the doubt over the denouement of the court case and as seems increasingly likely Power is trying to get out... I think I'll be happy to see something recognisible as STFC, playing something recognisible as Div 3 football.... I would say it's far from guaranteed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35632 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 08:52:08 »

Loved Doyle but hes not worth a huge wage, much rather see Yates and DJ signed as well as Grant, who is a man I would like to see even as our highest paid player, he has at least 1 more season in him at L1 level, Doyle is handy and had a great run for which I am eternally grateful  but there are cheaper alternatives out there I think.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35633 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 08:55:16 »

Very good of you.  If I had anything to do with it Yates would be signing.  Cracking player.

The closest thing to Sam Parkin since Sam Parkin.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #35634 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 09:02:24 »

The closest thing to Sam Parkin since Sam Parkin.
Have you ever seen Yates play?

Hes about as far from Sam Parkin in build and style as you can get.

Parkin would win headers, hold the ball up, score loads of header, work as a target man and rarely strayed into wide position, had little actual pace except inside the box, would always hit the target when he had a shot.

Yates plays the channels, has pace, control, needs to improve his shooting, he has upper body strength but nothing like SSP. He is an entirely different style of player than Parkin.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35635 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 09:12:39 »

That account is pure nonsense though
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #35636 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 09:16:37 »

Have you ever seen Yates play?

Hes about as far from Sam Parkin in build and style as you can get.

Parkin would win headers, hold the ball up, score loads of header, work as a target man and rarely strayed into wide position, had little actual pace except inside the box, would always hit the target when he had a shot.

Yates plays the channels, has pace, control, needs to improve his shooting, he has upper body strength but nothing like SSP. He is an entirely different style of player than Parkin.

Scores with his left, scores with his right. Scores inside the box, scores outside the box. Gets instinctive tap ins, can turn a player to get half a yard and shoot.

All traits of SSP.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35637 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 10:20:14 »

Yeah sorry DV, Yates and Parkin are nothing alike in their playing styles.

Doyle and Parkin I could understand a lot more.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #35638 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 10:25:26 »

If we're going with weird comparisons, Yates seems more like a much better Blair Sturrock.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #35639 on: Tuesday, June 30, 2020, 10:26:54 »

If we're going with weird comparisons, Yates seems more like a much better Blair Sturrock.

Harsh

Nothing to see here
Pages: 1 ... 2373 2374 2375 [2376] 2377 2378 2379 ... 3964   Go Up
Print
Jump to: