Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 3963   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8867789 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 20:14:39 »

Lloyd Opara....nearly signed for Chelsea after all.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
lebowski

« Reply #91 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 20:17:40 »

Darren Dykes. Ben Martin.

Freddy Eastwood.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 20:20:19 »

Tony Gough from Bath City did a decent job I remember- had a cracking home debut v Sunderland if I remember rightly,the day the crossbar broke.Reg may recall.Chris Porter from non -lleague(Bridgewater,I think)was touted as the next Don Rogers but obviously wasn't.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Dazzza

« Reply #93 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 20:28:19 »

Anyone have any idea who the Barnet players were that Byrne mentions today?

Byrne added: "We spoke to Barnet about a few players, but they are asking for ridiculous money to come here and that's the situation we are faced with, so we are going to look at the foreign market and see if we can grab a gem

The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 20:32:46 »

Jason Puncheon is one of their most saleable assets.  Could it be him?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 20:37:58 »

Quote from: "adje"
Tony Gough from Bath City did a decent job I remember- had a cracking home debut v Sunderland if I remember rightly,the day the crossbar broke.Reg may recall.Chris Porter from non -lleague(Bridgewater,I think)was touted as the next Don Rogers but obviously wasn't.

Funny I was thinking about Tony Gough..for me one of our most peculiar signings.....must have been Fred Ford.

Gough had played 1 league game for Bristol Rovers in 1958....his next league game was as Adje mentioned v Sunderland in 1970....he had a blinder and scored.  Think Ford thought he was getting the next Tony Book....who went from Bath, late in his career and ended up captaining Man City to the title.

What worried me was the fact Gough was going grey.

He went  back to non league with  Hereford, and was around in their famous cup sides.

Richard Legg was another who had some abilty, but couldn't quite make the step up.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 20:42:32 »

Wasnt he in the side that beat Newcastle Reg ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 20:49:57 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Wasnt he in the side that beat Newcastle Reg ?

Indeed he was...also in that side was Dudley Tyler, who is probably one of our worst misses of a player.  Tyler played local football for I think Pinehurst , obviously had some talent but had a hole in the heart condition.  He ended up with Hereford, had a bit of class and West Ham took him.

At the time it was thought a hole in the heart was dodgy....later it was realised, not necessarily so.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 20:54:09 »

Fucking hell !!!!!

Dudley Tyler

I remember him, I saw him play on the bottom pitch at Pinehurst a long long time ago.

Then saw him play against an awesome Garrads side at their place when "champ" Jones was playing.

Oh happy days !
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 20:57:13 »

Could be Akurang from Barnet...big strong centre forward but very raw.
Tansie_123

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 21:10:15 »

it could also be that albert admaoh bloke too. he is a right winger as well, lots of clubs looking at him.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 21:13:17 »

Barnet fans reckon adamoahs a better prospect than puncheon too. And i wouldn't think it would be puncheon, we don't really need another left winger

Things get better but they never get good
JPC82

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 21:16:49 »

albert admaoh is being touted for a move to Charlton for £1m, we have no chance, he much be good though, Barnet only got him in January from Harrow
JPC82

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, May 8, 2008, 21:17:47 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Barnet fans reckon adamoahs a better prospect than puncheon too. And i wouldn't think it would be puncheon, we don't really need another left winger

Puncheon can play either wing
neville w

« Reply #104 on: Friday, May 9, 2008, 07:35:33 »

Quote from: "adje"

I was there that day. Made my Dad and I late home for tea, mum was not pleased. My dad was convinced that Gough had run out of steam, and the breaking of the bar enabled him to get some rest. Can't confirm if it was Sunderland though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 3963   Go Up
Print
Jump to: