Pages: 1 ... 2641 2642 2643 [2644] 2645 2646 2647 ... 2668   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 4809260 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

Senor Ding Dong

Ignore
« Reply #39645 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:08:20 »

Made my mind ĎBogleí, thatís for sure!
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #39646 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:08:58 »

Seems a similar mould to Hope. Able to play out wide or as a 9, similar goal scoring record too.

Replacement for Woolrey perhaps.
Peter Venkman
Tesco Value John Motson

Enjoy yourself its later than you think.

« Reply #39647 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:13:40 »

Reading a bit more on the Plymuff forum, hes like Woolery for Town fans, totally polarising views on him.

Quote from: Plymuff fans
Joel Grant is a very useful squad player, always gives 100% and has at times shown that little bit of magic that can unlock a defence.

He is a very average League 2 player who has serious desire and commitment problems.

An average player whose dubious form has deserted him.

I have been impressed by Joel Grant this season but he looked again like he didn't fancy it today, when we really needed him to step up. Very lacklustre performance and a more determined striker would have done better when he was all but clean through in the first half.

I donít know where this ďlack of effortĒ has come from. Itís like people come up with a idea and then it somehow sticks when Argyle didnít perform.

Simply, the guy isnít a centre forward but a wide player. Two examples of goals he has scored this season. Crewe and Swindon away. Both scored with him moving off the flank and coming in from wide positions.

Also during the match he rarely gets out of a comfortable trot and more often than not (for that read always) ducks a challenge. I would be very surprised if we see him in a starting 11 for us again. Disappointing as he is a skillful player.

Not sure about lack of effort but what struck me is that he seems to be running in treacle. A couple of times the ball went into the space and the defender or keeper beat him easily. He wasn't the only one mind you. I thought he did do well when the pass came to him directly and he did hold it up under lots of physical pressure. I thought he used to be quick!!!maybe he's bulked up and lost that.

Regardless of the fact he is a wide player rather than a striker there is no excuse for bottling out of 50/50 situations.Yesterday was not a one off but is becoming the norm. Joel is not "with it "for some reason.

Sorry, l just donít think he is lazy. Yesterday l noticed how hard he tried to hold the ball up on occasions. It doesnít strike me thatís a lazy player.

No lack of effort. More a lack of ability in front of goal and a lack of confidence because of that.

Joel Grant has never, ever been 'very good'. He's a distinctly average player who enjoyed one or two spells of reasonable form last season and early this.

Not wanting to stay on a negative, as we are on a great run, but Joel continues to show a lack of effort and interest when he comes on as sub!

If Joel Grant wasnít trying very hard or wasnít behind the team then Iím pretty sure that the manager wouldnít play him (in fact heíd probably make him train with the reserves). I think his effort levels are fine. Whether heís the right choice for a central striker position is a separate debate.

Never rated Joel Grant, very lazy and frankly needs to go.

If he does sign, then in theory we could play Fryer, Fryers, Grant, Grant, Smith, Smith and Smith.

Its all going a bit Bobby Robson, saves Wellens forgetting players names.

Because I chose to play the fool in a six-piece band
First-night nerves every one-night stand
I should be glad to be so inclined
What a waste! What a waste!
Rock n Roll don't mind.

Senor Ding Dong

Ignore
« Reply #39648 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:20:59 »

Somebody please clear my fuddled brain re the salary cap.

I understand there is an overall wage cap of £2.5m. I also understand the squad is capped at 24 players.

Now, players under 21(?) do not count towards the squad cap, but do their wages count towards the salary cap?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39649 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:26:05 »

Reading a bit more on the Plymuff forum, hes like Woolery for Town fans, totally polarising views on him.

If he does sign, then in theory we could play Fryer, Fryers, Grant, Grant, Smith, Smith and Smith.

Its all going a bit Bobby Robson, saves Wellens forgetting players names.

Shame Grant Smith no longer playing..... looking at his record he had 19 clubs and the 33 he played for us the most anywhere with 10 goals.
Peter Venkman
Tesco Value John Motson

« Reply #39650 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:30:04 »

Somebody please clear my fuddled brain re the salary cap.

I understand there is an overall wage cap of £2.5m. I also understand the squad is capped at 24 players.

Now, players under 21(?) do not count towards the squad cap, but do their wages count towards the salary cap?
No, U21 players neither count toward salary cap total or squad limit.

Rock n Roll don't mind.

Senor Ding Dong

Ignore
« Reply #39651 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:32:03 »

Thanks, PV. Great time to be a young footballer, then.
Peter Venkman
Tesco Value John Motson

« Reply #39652 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:32:04 »

Shame Grant Smith no longer playing..... looking at his record he had 19 clubs and the 33 he played for us the most anywhere with 10 goals.
We all dream of a team thats all named Smith, a team thats all named Smith, a team thats all named Smith....

Rock n Roll don't mind.
Peter Venkman
Tesco Value John Motson

« Reply #39653 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:34:37 »

Thanks, PV. Great time to be a young footballer, then.
It is, and it also means that the wages of Kovar & M Smith are not counted towards the total budget! I think T Smith is a few months too old though.

Rock n Roll don't mind.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #39654 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 10:58:04 »

No, U21 players neither count toward salary cap total or squad limit.
So many seem unable to grasp this. I see keeping Curran is getting thrown into the Broadbent argument, regardless of the source of Curranís wages he doesnít count to the squad size or wage cap so is irrelevant to a one or the other argument.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39655 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:06:10 »

Thanks Horlockslegs.

Such a shame for Broadbent, but whether injured or otherwise he's not really had a look in. I'll always have his signed sponsors shirt (in your face Audry!) .
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39656 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:28:07 »

I will forever remember the pint of Peroni he bought me at the sponsors dinner.

Top bloke, shame it didnt work out
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #39657 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:35:37 »

Not a rumour but i see someone on twitter mentioned Ben Heneghan. 6'3 CB that seems to still be available? Released by Sheff Utd but spent last 2 seasons on loan at Blackpool. Looks to be exactly the sort of player to fill the CB hole we have.
Peter Venkman
Tesco Value John Motson

« Reply #39658 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:42:58 »

Not a rumour but i see someone on twitter mentioned Ben Heneghan. 6'3 CB that seems to still be available? Released by Sheff Utd but spent last 2 seasons on loan at Blackpool. Looks to be exactly the sort of player to fill the CB hole we have.
Linked to Preston and Millwall just over a month ago, could be a possible target.

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-north-end-linked-blackpool-loanee-and-former-tottenham-striker-transfer-window-now-open-2926080

Rock n Roll don't mind.
Panda Paws
Tel!

Ignore
« Reply #39659 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2020, 11:45:07 »

Broadbent is a good L2 CB. He's not suitable for the way we play though. better all round for him to move on and establish himself somewhere and allow us to bring in a more suitable, capable option.
Pages: 1 ... 2641 2642 2643 [2644] 2645 2646 2647 ... 2668   Go Up
Print
Jump to: