Pages: 1 ... 2262 2263 2264 [2265] 2266 2267 2268 ... 3982   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9123866 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33960 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 12:04:13 »

Oh there was actually a genuine rumour from some "Ex agent" on Twitter who said we are closing in on Tom Pett. He's got a few right recently, mainly Salfords signings.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33961 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 12:05:47 »

Oh there was actually a genuine rumour from some "Ex agent" on Twitter who said we are closing in on Tom Pett. He's got a few right recently, mainly Salfords signings.

Few comments from Lincoln fans here;

"A good, solid L2 player is Pett. A poor start here because he came in, in the January transfer window and struggled because a) it was a new team but b) the team was already pretty settled and he didn't get a run of games. Last season he was one of our best performers. Not box to box but a controlled influence in CM. Technically decent, good on the ball and chips in with the odd goal. Perhaps a little lightweight but not in the sense that he looks completely lost if it's a physical game, just that it's not his game and he'll not be able to compete to head a ball with guys who're 6'2" because he's a small lad.

I think Stevenage wanted him back and he had a good think about it because he's from down that neck of the woods but they look like they're going down.

Would have panned out different if Cowley had stayed. He also got injured in the final pre-season friendly game and was out for 3 months and ended up only playing once or twice. Not sure he's been in the squad for a good two months now. Not athletic or box to box enough for Appleton."

"Agree about Pett, he is a decent player. Not very tall, physical or particularly quick but decent range of passing and will do a job in the central midfield for most sides IMO. Ex agent says Pett is looking likely to join Swindon.

I imagine the Lincoln side the Cowleys left a short while ago will look very different come the start of next season."

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #33962 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 12:06:11 »

The Transfer Hub ✍��
@_FootyHub_
·
54m
Rotherham United will be recalling on loan striker Jerry Yates from Swindon Town shortly I’m being told. #RUFC #STFC

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #33963 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 12:12:27 »

That account has 19 followers.

I think we can comfortably disregard it.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33964 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 12:17:34 »

That account has 19 followers.

I think we can comfortably disregard it.
I hope so, that was a link on the Rotherham forum.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #33965 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 13:27:02 »

Phil parkinson saying no ins/outs of sunderland before the weekend
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #33966 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 13:28:59 »

If we do stand any chance of getting Grigg it doesn't look like it will happen before the weekend.

Parkinson on outgoings
“At the moment there is nothing going to happen prior to the weekend in/out. We want to concentrate on what we can get in. If further down the transfer window someone has fallen down the pecking order we will look at that.”

Here is the full link   https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-news-transfers-live-parkinson-17576951
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33967 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 13:34:40 »

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33968 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 14:06:10 »

Meanwhile, table-topping Rotherham have yet to decide whether to recall striker Jerry Yates from his loan spell but are leaning towards allowing him to remain with Swindon Town for the rest of the season.
"There has been no decision," Warne said. "I'm just chilling out and letting my mate, (Swindon boss) Richie Wellens, sweat a bit really!
Yates, 23, has hit the net 13 times in 28 Robins appearances despite spending much of his time on the wing.
Swindon are now using him as centre-forward following Eoin Doyle's recall in this month's transfer window by Bradford City.
"Jerry has been playing out of position, to a certain extent, and has still been scoring," Warne said. "Now he has the opportunity to play up front.
"If we needed him here I would pull him back. But I know that where he wants to be is there. I don't want to reluctantly pull him back and not use him. I can't do that to him. I just have to see how my team is over the next couple of weeks.
"There is less pressure on me to bring him back because our strikers are doing really well. They're scoring.
"If we were just outside the play-offs and hadn't scored for three games the pressure would be much greater. At this moment, I'm happy as it is."
Yates’ Rotherham contract is due to expire the summer but the Millers have an option to extend it by 12 months.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33969 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 14:10:33 »

That sounds promising.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #33970 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 14:15:48 »

Yeah he’ll still be here
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #33971 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 14:17:10 »

That sounds promising.

Yes it does, except the 12 month extension bit.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33972 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 14:17:32 »

Phil parkinson saying no ins/outs of sunderland before the weekend

It’s the domino effect. Bristol City expected to sign Neketiah and then loan Semenyo to Sunderland. Neketiah has now decided to stay where he is so there’s a knock on effect.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33973 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 14:19:52 »

So you are saying loaning a player is a lot like buying a house?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33974 on: Thursday, January 16, 2020, 14:20:37 »

Good analogy
Pages: 1 ... 2262 2263 2264 [2265] 2266 2267 2268 ... 3982   Go Up
Print
Jump to: