Pages: 1 ... 1412 1413 1414 [1415] 1416 1417 1418 ... 3983   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9133964 times)
DRS

« Reply #21210 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 13:56:32 »

Just a crazy thought with us being in a position now where we are unlikely to go up and unlikely to go down was there actually any point in bringing in any players with inflated values this window? Despite Reg's doom and gloom predictions barring another catastrophic injury list my personal opinion is we'll stay up pretty easily and I'm sure we'll get at least 1 further loan in at some point.

I'd much rather we save more of the budget until the summer (yes I know assuming we do spend it) than make some pointless signings now that won't make a jot of difference to the seasons outcome just to appease a few supporters. Have we ever got any kind of value for money in the January window, genuine question? The signings I remember are the likes of Benyon, Pericard et al and proved to be real wastes of money!
While I personally agree with that would it not be wise for the players and management to not mention the playoffs then and the chairman and manager not state publicly players will be arriving
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #21211 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 14:12:20 »

While I personally agree with that would it not be wise for the players and management to not mention the playoffs then and the chairman and manager not state publicly players will be arriving
We've got in Doughty and Thompson (again) so it's not like we haven't bought in anyone and kept Kasim... whether that is a good or bad thing we shall see. I'm sure we tried for others but going back to my original point with our league position as it is there's just no point in offering anything above market value for anyone of taking punts.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21212 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 14:19:00 »

Thats the way I think entirely.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #21213 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 15:12:49 »

I dont think we're a terrible side.  We are weak in defence.  Our midfield can be very good as can our strikers.  But we aren't going up.  Im fairly sure we're not going down.

Maybe we should re group in the summer.

Alternatively maybe (if you are on the FB STFC group) we should scream and shout SACK THE BOARD, RESIGN POWER YOU EVIL FUCKER.  Protest.  Get some orange hats.

Ill just stand here pointing out that there isn't really a queue of billionaire Swindon fan business men or women waiting to pounce and take over from Power.  Nor are there a great deal of unscrupulous business people waiting to take our club for everything we own. Everything we own being not a great deal.

Im sure there's a few clubs with actual land and stadiums that can be taken for a ride before us.

Never knowingly overstated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21214 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 16:06:39 »

I dont think we're a terrible side.  We are weak in defence.  Our midfield can be very good as can our strikers.  But we aren't going up.  Im fairly sure we're not going down.

Maybe we should re group in the summer.

Alternatively maybe (if you are on the FB STFC group) we should scream and shout SACK THE BOARD, RESIGN POWER YOU EVIL FUCKER.  Protest.  Get some orange hats.

Ill just stand here pointing out that there isn't really a queue of billionaire Swindon fan business men or women waiting to pounce and take over from Power.  Nor are there a great deal of unscrupulous business people waiting to take our club for everything we own. Everything we own being not a great deal.

Im sure there's a few clubs with actual land and stadiums that can be taken for a ride before us.

Can I stand next to you!  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21215 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 22:28:05 »

Power confirmed:

we have an option on Kasim, which is good from a cashing in point of view. Thought the Swansea move was a goer (hence I suppose season longs for LT and Doughty).

Stephens - decided he wasn't needed.

Some interest in Ajose, not a massive offer but no way he was going once Smith left. This one disappoints me, if we cash in for mega bucks in the summer I would be disappointed but I'd understand it. But the impression he gave - and I may have got it wrong - was the right offer + more time and he'd have entertained it. I don't like that when our division 3 status is not confirmed yet.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21216 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 22:32:58 »

I did read somewhere as well we did bid for the Irish defender which was rejected. Guess at 11th hour it was getting into silly money territory.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21217 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 22:39:16 »

I did read somewhere as well we did bid for the Irish defender which was rejected. Guess at 11th hour it was getting into silly money territory.

Oh yeah, he mentioned Hoare and claimed he talked it over (like Stephens) and they didn't go further. But I also read we bid, and that Hull had had a 250K bid turned down previously. Hard to separate fact from fiction really.

Also Joe Lumley the keeper - Power had no idea where that came from. Yet somebody who would know ( and that isn't a Tans ) says Ty Belford's name was circulated on the "available for loan" list  three weeks ago. Which is a little odd in some ways, though he clearly needs games.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #21218 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 22:43:25 »

Power confirmed:

we have an option on Kasim, which is good from a cashing in point of view. Thought the Swansea move was a goer (hence I suppose season longs for LT and Doughty).

Stephens - decided he wasn't needed.

Some interest in Ajose, not a massive offer but no way he was going once Smith left. This one disappoints me, if we cash in for mega bucks in the summer I would be disappointed but I'd understand it. But the impression he gave - and I may have got it wrong - was the right offer + more time and he'd have entertained it. I don't like that when our division 3 status is not confirmed yet.
I like LP & am pretty content with how he's gone about things since he's been here. But Stephens not needed?? I'd like to give him a slap round the face for that. Bollock dropped.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21219 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 22:45:24 »

I think it was a discussion between Power and Williams, so slap them both.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #21220 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 22:50:12 »

I think it was a discussion between Power and Williams, so slap them both.
Consider them slapped. I mean fuck me, Stephens is exactly the type of player we should be trying to bring to the club.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21221 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 22:57:46 »

I can kinda see it, particularly if there was a must play clause. Branco is better than last season, Turnbull is as good if not better IMO, and as someone else said if Yas didn't go he wouldn't start in the midfield. In hindsight they probably would have, but i'm guessing it was a flip of the coin, and that doesn't even consider how much they wanted. For all we know it might have been 15-20k per week which was prob what he was getting at Boro.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21222 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 22:58:43 »

Consider them slapped. I mean fuck me, Stephens is exactly the type of player we should be trying to bring to the club.

Yeah I have to agree with that. Can play anywhere in defence and in midfield if required. Odd to say he wasn't needed.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #21223 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 23:03:27 »

I can kinda see it, particularly if there was a must play clause. Branco is better than last season, Turnbull is as good if not better IMO, and as someone else said if Yas didn't go he wouldn't start in the midfield. In hindsight they probably would have, but i'm guessing it was a flip of the coin, and that doesn't even consider how much they wanted. For all we know it might have been 15-20k per week which was prob what he was getting at Boro.
He shouldn't have come out & said we were actively trying to sign him if that was the case. Agree with Branco being better than last season, Turnbull nowhere near last season's standards imo. Even if there was a must play clause in his contract he'd be ahead of all our current midfielders for me, bar a fully fit Louis. I don't count Robert in that as he would play further forward for me. Stephens holding, Louis central & Robert in the hole would have been as good as any midfield in this league.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21224 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 23:06:25 »

Opinions and arseholes and all that, but I thought he never looked anything more than a bog standard L1 trundler in midfield last season, and he was an utter cunt at Crewe last season, which didn't help my judgement of him.
Pages: 1 ... 1412 1413 1414 [1415] 1416 1417 1418 ... 3983   Go Up
Print
Jump to: