Pages: 1 ... 1411 1412 1413 [1414] 1415 1416 1417 ... 4030   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9272038 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21195 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 10:40:53 »

I think that's the point, if you think we are mid table certainties as we are, then job done.

it you think we could be sucked back into a relegation scrap I think a couple of players are needed.

if you think we have a shot of the playoffs, then you need sectioning, but also you'd be disappointed.

its just about expectations really
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #21196 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 10:43:28 »

On the plus side we can now sing the Thompson song when they are both back in the team.....Louis, Louis Louis, Louis Louis, Louis Louis Thompson! Nathan, Nathan Nathan....
I think getting Louis back was a great bit of business. Power will almost certainly be looking to strengthen in the emergency loan window. I'm glad we kept Kasim too. I would offer him a new contract now with a buyout clause so we could get a few pounds for him if he does want to move on. He is a great player on his day and I think some of the criticism he has received this season is unfair. Defensively we are weak but with a few signings the lineup could start to look impressive. BOO and Barry have both come a long way.
DRS

« Reply #21197 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 10:44:19 »

On the plus side we can now sing the Thompson song when they are both back in the team.....Louis, Louis Louis, Louis Louis, Louis Louis Thompson! Nathan, Nathan Nathan....
I think getting Louis back was a great bit of business. Power will almost certainly be looking to strengthen in the emergency loan window. I'm glad we kept Kasim too. I would offer him a new contract now with a buyout clause so we could get a few pounds for him if he does want to move on. He is a great player on his day and I think some of the criticism he has received this season is unfair. Defensively we are weak but with a few signings the lineup could start to look impressive. BOO and Barry have both come a long way.
It's only good if we don't play 3 at the back
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #21198 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 11:03:14 »

I don't understand why anyone is particularly shocked at the lack of transfer activity.

The situation the team finds itself in is one of mid-table mediocrity. The emphasis isn't on spending big to get to play-offs and beyond this year, its to develop the players that are here for a better chance (with one or two additions) next year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two players who's contracts have been terminated joining in due course - Alex Henshall anyone?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #21199 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 11:04:26 »

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two players who's contracts have been terminated joining in due course

Yes
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21200 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 11:07:06 »

Kasim will see out his contract and get a nice signing on fee in the summer elsewhere in the championship. We should've known Power always going to use the emergency loan window for the last signing really.

This I don't understand - if Power really was the asset stripping Satan that we are led to believe he would have accepted a couple of hundred K from someone for Kasim rather than see his become worthless in the summer.

Christ he cannot even get asset stripping right - Power out!

FWIW Kasim will go to a higher level in the summer, play 20 decent games, decide he should be at Barcelona and then lose interest!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21201 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 11:08:43 »

I don't understand why anyone is particularly shocked at the lack of transfer activity.

The situation the team finds itself in is one of mid-table mediocrity. The emphasis isn't on spending big to get to play-offs and beyond this year, its to develop the players that are here for a better chance (with one or two additions) next year.

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two players who's contracts have been terminated joining in due course - Alex Henshall anyone?

Henshall crossed my mind, but I can only assume he's just one of thse who's not going to make it....
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #21202 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 11:09:59 »

I'm glad we kept Kasim too. I would offer him a new contract now with a buyout clause so we could get a few pounds for him if he does want to move on. He is a great player on his day and I think some of the criticism he has received this season is unfair.

There's more chance of me getting a STFC contract than him agreeing to sign a new contract I'm afraid
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21203 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 11:15:08 »

it's a fair comment Horlock,

asset stripping or sound financial sense argument aside though what makes you think power wouldn't have sold if offers did come in?

he certainly sounded like he would. and we have cover in midfield to do so (I think he editor be a loss mind)

in other words, I have doubts anyone made a serious bid for kasim

we are also assuming we don't have a year option on him to protect ourselves. but we may have
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #21204 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 11:18:38 »

Henshall crossed my mind, but I can only assume he's just one of thse who's not going to make it....

Henshall and Thompson (L) together - thats going to be a happy midfield. The funny thing is that Thompson would be the senior player with 75 appearances at 21, whilst Henshall has only managed 10 at the same age even with with his superior talent!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #21205 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 11:24:09 »

it's a fair comment Horlock,

asset stripping or sound financial sense argument aside though what makes you think power wouldn't have sold if offers did come in?

he certainly sounded like he would. and we have cover in midfield to do so (I think he editor be a loss mind)

in other words, I have doubts anyone made a serious bid for kasim

we are also assuming we don't have a year option on him to protect ourselves. but we may have

I suppose the point I was making is that if we have been banding figures of 600k - 25m around (depends what media source one believes) if money was all that bothered Power and knowing that The Iraqi Pirlo will never sign a contract one would have expected him to have contingency in place with any team that made an inquiry that you can have him for say 100k if nothing has happened at 9.00 on Monday night? As you say it may all have been paper talk and no one expressed an interest but if they had its what would have done if money was the sole objective.

If we really didn't want to sell, I would have just forwarded this link to every team that expressed an interest... I had forgotten how much lumber he was carrying when he arrived on trial!

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10590528.Town_confirm_signings_of_Kasim_and_Rossi_Branco/?ref=rc
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #21206 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 12:17:13 »

Power could learn a thing or two from that lot up the A420

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/oxford-united-sign-100-million-player-on-loan/
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21207 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 12:31:49 »

Everyone talks of expectations but it seems that most people are disappointed not by our league position but by the lack of money signings regardless of how it would impact our league position. Fickle bunch.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21208 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 13:31:39 »

I think you mean clueless morons.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #21209 on: Tuesday, February 2, 2016, 13:54:00 »

Just a crazy thought with us being in a position now where we are unlikely to go up and unlikely to go down was there actually any point in bringing in any players with inflated values this window? Despite Reg's doom and gloom predictions barring another catastrophic injury list my personal opinion is we'll stay up pretty easily and I'm sure we'll get at least 1 further loan in at some point.

I'd much rather we save more of the budget until the summer (yes I know assuming we do spend it) than make some pointless signings now that won't make a jot of difference to the seasons outcome just to appease a few supporters. Have we ever got any kind of value for money in the January window, genuine question? The signings I remember are the likes of Benyon, Pericard et al and proved to be real wastes of money!
Pages: 1 ... 1411 1412 1413 [1414] 1415 1416 1417 ... 4030   Go Up
Print
Jump to: