Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Blair Sturrock  (Read 6407 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 17:28:11 »

I thought played very well today. Paynter should have went off. Well done to the wankers that booed Sturrock as he went off even though he had scored your a credit to the club  :roll:
Dozno9

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 17:41:22 »

To be fair he was playing against a team that is at his level. He did do well but in a higher league he looks out of his depth.
Marty McFly

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 17:44:47 »

Quote from: "Dozno9"
To be fair he was playing against a team that is at his level. He did do well but in a higher league he looks out of his depth.

Yep totally agree, although I still don't believe in booing him, especially after he scored.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 17:45:12 »

True however getting the reception he got when he went off was poor. Paynter sould have gone off IMO. Sturrock did run his balls off.
Dozno9

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 17:52:14 »

Totally agree about the booing stance. Why the morons do it is beyond me, he did run the channels well today and probably holds the ball up better than anyone in our team.
Marty McFly

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 17:54:03 »

The last time i booed one of our own players was Aaron Brown at Barnet away last season when he deserved it. How ironic.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 17:58:23 »

maybe the fans were booing the substitution and didnt think Sturrock should have been taken off?
lebowski

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:12:33 »

that's what i thought dv.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:16:33 »

That certainly wasnt the case from where I was sitting.

When they announced him as the goal scorer people were booing then!  I couldnt believe it and was so ashamed.  Those dickheads were lucky they werent sat directly next to me or else they would have got an earful.

Hes been left in a bit of a rubbish situation what with Luggy leaving but hes making the most and trying his best which is what Id expect anyone to do in a Town shirt.
lebowski

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:18:24 »

really?

very poor showing by town fans there then.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:19:49 »

It wasn't many but to the right of where I was sitting there were definitely boos when he was announced as scorer.  That made me unbelievably angry.

Seems like even if he scores its not enough.
lebowski

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:21:17 »

we have some special fans in our midst don't we?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:22:16 »

Quote from: "lebowski"
we have some special fans in our midst don't we?

We do indeed and its disheartening.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:22:47 »

There was people saying thank fuck when he went off. Paynter was poor. The only logical explanation as to why he stayed on was so if he scored he got a bit of confidence back. Think Blair is being treated unfairly. Ok he is not great in League One we all know that but he worked hard today.

Like it or not, He has scored 4 goals this season.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:34:38 »

I thought Blair did well today. I can see why Paynter was left up front and not taken off though. HOOOOOFFFFF!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: