Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chippenham  (Read 12520 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:12:32 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Quote from: "pauld"
Tip, Tip, Tip, tippety-tip-tip, Tip

Forest to the power of infinity.

I win.

"TIP-toe through the methane".....

I win on "winding you up" points  Cheesy

Erm, there is no rift ....
TalkTalk

« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:16:44 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazza"
This is good news then. Why not look out at Highworth?

Nothing in the Swindon Local Plan there either, mate.

You can guarantee that every developer under the sun with an eye on a scrap of land that they own (aka "land banks") or would like to buy anywhere in the country would have lobbied and slipped a few bungs in to make sure that it was included in the recently finished LPs. That is what they do very well (as in the Coate development suddenly "appearing" in the Revised Deposit Draft of the Swindon Local Plan).

Nobody can even think of putting in a planning application with any chance of success without the site already having approval for that use.

Even when it has then it must meet very strict guidelines or get chucked out.

For an example see http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/swindonnewsheadlines/display.var.1121200.0.signals_at_stop_for_rail_sports_ground.php

You can't just magic up a stadium site by buying out a farmer and hoping it will get through.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:17:31 »

pEOPLE SHOULD send the KEEP TOWN IN SWINDON post cards to the councillors again. I think the council changed since the last time these were sent to the council?
TalkTalk

« Reply #63 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:19:54 »

pEOPLE SHOULD send the KEEP TOWN IN SWINDON post cards to the councillors again. I think the council changed since the last time these were sent to the council?

No, most of the councillors haven't.

The current leader was deputy leader during the post cards.

In fact he was stood outside the Town End one Saturday match day watching people fill them in and addressing them to him personally and muttering "bloody hell, not more postcards to reply to"

Cheesy
deltaincline

« Reply #64 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:19:59 »

quote]
Thanks for that and you can judge me because?....... [/quote]

..............erm, I'm not a gullible twat who peddles the clubs bullshit as fact. How's that for starters?
TalkTalk

« Reply #65 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:22:24 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "pauld"
Tip, Tip, Tip, tippety-tip-tip, Tip

tip to the power of infinity.

I win.

you've seen the light!

Just you wait. You have no mod powers on the L&P site, young man.

:twisted:
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #66 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:22:27 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
quote]
Thanks for that and you can judge me because?.......

..............erm, I'm not a gullible twat who peddles the clubs bullshit as fact. How's that for starters?[/quote]

So I'm a gullible twat for being more interested in watching whats goin on , on the field. I dont know if its occured to anyone but this whole "Chippenham" thing could just be a way of getting SBC to give us a new stadium??? Maybe we are all gullible twats then for listening about chippenham??? I haven't "peddled anything as fact" called being open minded. Everyone knows the board arent perfect. I know that, you know that, If they say have lied in the past which is the point your trying to make, then perhaps they are lying about chippenham?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #67 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:22:32 »

Because he can't quote properly. That gives him the right to judge anything and everyone.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #68 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:24:19 »

quote]

..............erm, I'm not a gullible twat who peddles the clubs bullshit as fact. How's that for starters?

So I'm a gullible twat for being more interested in watching whats goin on , on the field. I dont know if its occoured to anyone but this whole "Chippenham" thing could just be a way of getting SBC to give us a new stadium??? Maybe we are all gullible twats then for listening about chippenham???[/quote]

That would be a silly plan if that were the case imo. It would almost indicate to SBC that the club isn't actually bothered about the local community or what the team brings to it...

It would only reinforce the arguments against the council working with the club.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:25:49 »

http://www.dbeinla.org/pastie.jpg

/
W56196272
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #70 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:33:31 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
quote]

So I'm a gullible twat for being more interested in watching whats goin on , on the field. I dont know if its occoured to anyone but this whole "Chippenham" thing could just be a way of getting SBC to give us a new stadium??? Maybe we are all gullible twats then for listening about chippenham???

That would be a silly plan if that were the case imo. It would almost indicate to SBC that the club isn't actually bothered about the local community or what the team brings to it...

It would only reinforce the arguments against the council working with the club.[/quote]

True, but the point I was making was, if the club are hell bent on leaving Swindon as people are saying  then with the CVA coming up surly they would have left already or made it clear they are def leaving and the spade be in the ground near chippenham so they can secure loans on the development clear the CVA and then start making money with say St Modwen, why would you wait? If its guaranteed and all you want is the money, you would go as soon as you could?
deltaincline

« Reply #71 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:35:01 »

So I'm a gullible twat for being more interested in watching whats goin on , on the field.

No. You're a gullible twat for making out that your so-called opinion of current stfc affairs are independant of those of the club board and for not fucking realising that you've been rumbled son!

I dont know if its occured to anyone but this whole "Chippenham" thing could just be a way of getting SBC to give us a new stadium???

Noooooo!

Maybe we are all gullible twats then for listening about chippenham??? I haven't "peddled anything as fact" called being open minded. Everyone knows the board arent perfect. I know that, you know that, If they say have lied in the past which is the point your trying to make, then perhaps they are lying about chippenham?

I rest my case Shocked
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:39:12 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"

It would only reinforce the arguments against the council working with the club.

Spot on si pie - although "suicidal" might be a more appropriate term than "silly". If anyone really thinks the club are in a position to bully/threaten the council about anything much, they're deluded. Much like if they think they can renegotiate the CVA over a further 10 years or get League permission to move to Chippenham.

Perhaps a better idea might be to talk to the council/local residents etc about what they actually want/need and try to incorporate that into a viable stadium redevelopment proposal? If only some STFC-related organisation had had the foresight to do that ....
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #73 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:41:04 »

So I'm a gullible twat for being more interested in watching whats goin on , on the field.

No. You're a gullible twat for making out that your so-called opinion of current stfc affairs are independant of those of the club board and for not fucking realising that you've been rumbled son!

I dont know if its occured to anyone but this whole "Chippenham" thing could just be a way of getting SBC to give us a new stadium???

Noooooo!

Maybe we are all gullible twats then for listening about chippenham??? I haven't "peddled anything as fact" called being open minded. Everyone knows the board arent perfect. I know that, you know that, If they say have lied in the past which is the point your trying to make, then perhaps they are lying about chippenham?

I rest my case Shocked

I think we have to agree to disagree, I want to see what happens with the CVA and stuff first. Yes some are annoyed because I dont run around wearing a orange hat and shirt looking like a giant satsuma, however Im glad you saw my last point! My opinion will stay with me from now on if its not the majority because after this I cant be assed to explain things and wouldnt want people turning on me etc because I did not go with the majority!
TalkTalk

« Reply #74 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:42:21 »

For an example see http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/swindonnewsheadlines/display.var.1121200.0.signals_at_stop_for_rail_sports_ground.php

You can't just magic up a stadium site by buying out a farmer and hoping it will get through.

I've just reread this article.

He said: "In our first proposal we had 30 acres of facilities in Chiseldon, and this one would have provided £4m worth of investment at various location in the town.

:shock:

Fuck me, I wonder what and where that was???

Anybody know?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: