Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chippenham  (Read 12483 times)
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 01:00:51 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
what do you think Millom Cheesy ?

he resigned

it was all very shady

I asked him once if he was a board mole, he denied it but then put some thick round glasses on and started digging holes in my garden :x

he dropped his principles as they conflicted with his "vital" empire

I think that is a fuckin hilarious reply Yeovil, thats what i think!

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #91 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 01:02:24 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "TalkTalk"
Bloody useless bunch we are - don't even know who our own board members are  Oops

Following on from yesterday's meeting, what position are you exactly on the Trust board, Paul?

Is it Acting Joint Associate Chairman Elect?

I rather fancied something like "All-powerful supreme ruler of the known universe and as yet uncharted territories (bow before him and quake at his approach) designate" actually. I think it has a ring to it.

Why not just "TRUST GOD" pretty powerful and shows supremacy?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 01:03:29 »

You've not quite got the hang of this have you, Gazza?
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 01:03:59 »

Ive never met you one on one Gaz, just read your posts over the years.  I DO think you can be naive at times, particlarly for someone who has been around the periphery of both the club, and the trust for a fair old while. Not having a pop, just saying what i think. So you are either a pasty, or very naive. Which one would you class yourself as.

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
sonic youth

« Reply #94 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 01:07:24 »

gazza's just a thicko
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #95 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 01:13:51 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
gazza's just a thicko

That pretty much sums it up!  Soapy Tit Wank
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #96 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 01:14:29 »

You've not quite got the hang of this have you, Gazza?

sadly not by the looks of it  Crying
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #97 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 01:18:23 »

Quote from: "millom red"
Ive never met you one on one Gaz, just read your posts over the years.  I DO think you can be naive at times, particlarly for someone who has been around the periphery of both the club, and the trust for a fair old while. Not having a pop, just saying what i think. So you are either a pasty, or very naive. Which one would you class yourself as.

I classify myself as a fan and thats it. After this evening/morning I guess now... Im no longer discussing this.  Beers
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 11:44:01 »

so....if im right in think the board have 3 non fatally flawed proposals lined up....then where are they? why havent they been made public? why havent the adver got hold of them?

As for moving to chippenham......if they board think thats a viabale option they are even more stupid than I thought.

Judging from what I've heard/read/know etc it'll just be Gazza in our nice new stadium....
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 11:59:37 »

Perhaps they will put more detail in the forum that Bowden mentioed in 2 weeks with all board members being present, the one where there will be no one from the Wills family and Willy will turn up and ask what's all the fuss about....oh and he mentioned Diamandis in the same breath as a board member surely a slip  :scribe:

Wasn't sure why he was so opposed to the Diamandis vote though he really seemed quite agitated about that as if doing it would really make him kick off  :evil:
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 12:09:21 »

Quote from: "DV85"

As for moving to chippenham......if they board think thats a viabale option they are even more stupid than I thought.

Bowden said that he got the message load and clear that moving to Chippenham would be pretty much no different to  the club going
bust,  ie. the end of Swindon Town FC.  Whether that will stop it happening, who knows. I have my doubts.

The clubs flaw free development of the county ground involved building on greenspace and they have not consulted the local councilers/residents for opinion. I don't think he said exactly what it was they were proposing to build there - it is not necessarly houses/accomodation.

Guess we will have to see.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 12:14:30 »

Quote from: DV85
so....if im right in think the board have 3 non fatally flawed proposals lined up....then where are they? why havent they been made public? why havent the adver got hold of them?

Judging from what I've heard/read/know etc it'll just be Gazza in our nice new stadium....[/quote]

Unfortunately wrong.

I would think that a large proportion of the support would go with them, it's not that far is it?

What we've got to realise is that the majority of supporters just want to watch the football. If they have to travel 20 minutes to do that they will.

It's all very well people on forums saying they won't go, but what percentage of our home support is that? Less than 1%. A lot less..

Many won't like the fact that the club isn't in Swindon, but to surmise there will be a mass boycott based on the opinions of a very small portion of the supporters is incorrect.

And that fact won't change. No matter how many free hats are given out........

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 12:14:55 »

isnt building on green space exactly where the last proposals fell down....?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 12:29:44 »

that and not owning the land, which would be an issue with houses because you have to give the buyer the freehold.

The locals will oppose any development on the green space though, even if some flats went there.

The club plan to develop 38 acres of the site (which is a fair chunk of the whole complex if memory serves me correct).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 12:32:50 »

I disagree Herthab, I'd be suprised if as much as 50% of current support ultimately went on a regular basis after the excitement of the new stadium died down.

But if there was success (championship/prem) then crowds would doublessly be gained from new support. I think this is the same gamble that MK Dongs took.

Personally I don't care if I am the only person to do so, I well not attend a Swindenham Town FC game.  I would watch Ciren I think, not much of less distance than Chipp is.
--

Yes DV it is - with housing on green space it is a no go.

But I don't beleive Bowden is a spaz, far from it,  so presumably the plans have been substantially altered if they genuinly are looking at a redeveloped CG.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: