Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chippenham  (Read 12512 times)
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 23:14:03 »

Over a fucking beer?? I hate having meetings with clients over a beer, shows a total lack of professionalism

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 23:21:38 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazza"
Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Because they are in talks perhaps?

one things for sure, they're not bloody talking to Swindon Council at any length are they? If they were intent on staying in Swindon surely they'd be going absoluetly out of their way to talk, talk and talk to them to come to an agreement.

Instead, they employ someone to come in and he's done bugger all in a month! Or maybe he is working hard, but the conversations he's having aren't for our ears.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but this isn't really a trivial matter is it?

If we never had next years CVA looming would you still feel that way

Mate.... next years CVA is the new this years CVA...the it'll be alright on the night scenario is dangerous....make no mistake Blodwyn has no interest in our club beyond cutting a deal to make money for the vested interests....

As the self styled no 1 STFC fan you should be trying a bit harder.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 23:40:59 »

who pays for it or did I miss something about self-funding?

Yes you did - the Trust's proposals, while requiring start-up capital to get the project going (as would any such project), would cover the cost of the build by the commerical/residential aspects built in. Without wanting to sound too harsh, it may help if you read the proposals (rather than looking at the "artist's impressions" pictures which are solely illustrative) before drawing such comparisons. Otherwise you run the risk of looking like the loony nimbies last week on the Adver site!  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 23:50:51 »

Quote from: "ronnie21"
I can confirm that Mike Bowden did say that at the meeting.  He also indicated (without naming him) that the person from SBC he was talking to was in fact the council leader, Rod Bluh.  He did invite Mike Wilkes to a joint meeting with himself and Rod Bluh "over a beer"!!  Don't know who was buying, just hope it won't be put on my council tax bill! :nono:

Actually it was me he invited not Mike Wilkes - this was while he was doing his namedropping act, reeling off a list of "very important people what is my mates" and emphasising these were "important people" not just "low-ranking councillors". Which was quite funny as we've already met all of them (and had considerable encouragement for the proposals we've put forward) during the consultation on our proposals. What was less funny was that the names most notably absent from his list, and prominent on ours, was any community/residents groups or ward councillors. They may only be "low-ranking" in Mr Bowden's eyes, but if he'd been around during the Shaw Tip fiasco (or at any point in the past five years), he'd have realised that not doing that kind of consultation ahead of making any such proposals is, to coin a phrase, potentially a "fatal flaw".

If this meeting does happen (which tbh I doubt - I think Rod Bluh's got better things to do with his time than referee a "My proposal's better than yours" dick-waving contest), I promise to pay for my own beer, so it doesn't come out of council tax coffers!
TalkTalk

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 23:54:43 »

I have to say that having spent well over an hour poring over the Adopted North Wilts Local Plan 2011, I am struggling to find any land whatsoever that could possibly have a future allocation for a stadium complex or housing near Junction 17.

NWDC are very hot on maintaining agricultural land, land of significant landscape value, rural communities and archaeological sites.

I'm buggered if I see where they think it is going.

The only remote possibility is Hullavington airfield, but that is covered by both "NE15 - The Landscape Character of the Countryside" and also "HE1 - Development in Conservation Areas" policies.

:nuts:
Frasier3

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 23:55:36 »

Gazza, sometimes I have to do a double take to make sure the comments attributable to you are not actually from the club.
TalkTalk

« Reply #51 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:02:07 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Shaw Tip fiasco

Forest.

Forest.

Forest.

There, that's three. Two more than you.  Tongue
deltaincline

« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:04:34 »

quote] I know what your saying BUT how can you prove that Bowden has not spoken to the SBC or anything? Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean nothing is happening if you see what Im saying. You could be right  but end of the day it seems we are looking for a negative. No one has said Bowden has not spoken to the Council  or anyone else for that mater and no one has said he has. No news sometimes is good news?

Assumptions are being made etc.[/quote]

I'm still playing catch-up with all this shit. What is comming over loud and clear though is that the Chippenham story is one that the club hoped would galvanize fans to protest against in fear of becomming the next Wimbledon. They guessed (wrongly) that the pressure of a protest on the council to let them redevelop the county ground would win the day for them. I think most of us saw through it or deemed it just plain fucking stupid to be honest.

As with Diamandis, the problem 'his board' fail to recognise is that they have fuck all credibility left in the town. They could just about blag their way through most problems up until the moment they got caught out lying to shareholders and fans once too often. After that, they were fucked.

From what I'm told, the council wont touch this board with a bargepole - despite the recent (desperate) appointment of Mike Bowden, increasing numbers of previously loyal and hardcore fans distrust them and they face dwindling business & community support according to some who know the corporate hospitality side of the club.

Without the goodwill and support of the council, the fans and the business community of the town, the board are fucked. Period.

Sorry days despite the ace efforts of Paul Sturrock, the players and the lads and lasses that turn out to watch them week in, week out, home and away.

So fucking sad to see Gazza being used as a gullible patsy. I hear he's just upgraded his arsehole to USB2, so he can upload propoganda from the club at higher speeds...
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:04:38 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Because they are in talks perhaps?

one things for sure, they're not bloody talking to Swindon Council at any length are they? If they were intent on staying in Swindon surely they'd be going absoluetly out of their way to talk, talk and talk to them to come to an agreement.

Instead, they employ someone to come in and he's done bugger all in a month! Or maybe he is working hard, but the conversations he's having aren't for our ears.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but this isn't really a trivial matter is it?

If we never had next years CVA looming would you still feel that way

Mate.... next years CVA is the new this years CVA...the it'll be alright on the night scenario is dangerous....make no mistake Blodwyn has no interest in our club beyond cutting a deal to make money for the vested interests....

As the self styled no 1 STFC fan you should be trying a bit harder.

point noted, ofcourse I forgot its 2007... idiot!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:05:25 »

Tip, Tip, Tip, tippety-tip-tip, Tip
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #55 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:07:04 »

Quote from: "Frasier3"
Gazza, sometimes I have to do a double take to make sure the comments attributable to you are not actually from the club.

All I'm saying is that I havent heard anything either way. If it came out no one had spoken to SBC about a redevelopment at the current CG site I would have to wonder why the hell they havent?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #56 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:07:34 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"

So fucking sad to see Gazza being used as a gullible patsy. I hear he's just upgraded his arsehole to USB2, so he can upload propoganda from the club at higher speeds...

Thanks for that and you can judge me because?....... I would rather support the players on the pitch and get promotion back to League One this season than worry about the stadium development. Until its all doom and gloom I'm not going to worry about it. I said in a post earlier. I am totally against moving to Chippenham if there is a chance we can build in Swindon.
TalkTalk

« Reply #57 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:08:21 »

Forest to the power of infinity.

I win.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #58 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:08:25 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"
I have to say that having spent well over an hour poring over the Adopted North Wilts Local Plan 2011, I am struggling to find any land whatsoever that could possibly have a future allocation for a stadium complex or housing near Junction 17.

NWDC are very hot on maintaining agricultural land, land of significant landscape value, rural communities and archaeological sites.

I'm buggered if I see where they think it is going.

The only remote possibility is Hullavington airfield, but that is covered by both "NE15 - The Landscape Character of the Countryside" and also "HE1 - Development in Conservation Areas" policies.

:nuts:

This is good news then. Why not look out at Highworth?
sonic youth

« Reply #59 on: Monday, January 15, 2007, 00:10:57 »

Quote from: "TalkTalk"

tip to the power of infinity.

I win.

you've seen the light!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: