Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chippenham  (Read 12510 times)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #30 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:44:40 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Wouldnt swindon maybe go into supermarines ground, lots of land around and no locals to protest? maybe thats where they are going?

Could be, Cliff Puffett was dealing with the club earlier in the year and obviously STFC have a good relationship with SSFC as we play our reserve games there so... could broker a deal where funds are split between the 2 clubs or something and play at the Supermarine site?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:45:38 »

with a change of name to Swindon F C to refinance the club.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:46:21 »

Wouldnt swindon maybe go into supermarines ground, lots of land around and no locals to protest? maybe thats where they are going?

if we had the option to move Swindon Town FC to hunts copse id welcome it with open arms. would that then mean that Chippenham Dons or whatever would have to start in the non-leagues? if you understand what im saying
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:46:48 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazza"
Quote from: "The Moonraker"
Because they are in talks perhaps?

one things for sure, they're not bloody talking to Swindon Council at any length are they? If they were intent on staying in Swindon surely they'd be going absoluetly out of their way to talk, talk and talk to them to come to an agreement.

Instead, they employ someone to come in and he's done bugger all in a month! Or maybe he is working hard, but the conversations he's having aren't for our ears.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but this isn't really a trivial matter is it?

If we never had next years CVA looming would you still feel that way? I think now some people are just looking at everything negatively. Perhaps they are in talks with Chippenham your right? but perhaps they are in talks with the SBC. The only people who know work at the football club.

Not exactly - I can't trust anything they say given their track record of late. I'm surprised that you can have confidence in their word. Instead, they have shown a propensity to cover things up in order to keep the fans calm - the CVA/AGM incident.

So yeah, I am sceptical of most things they say, but with a reason - although I try to look at each incident with a level head and not pre-judge it...

But the evidence stacks up here, not least St Modwen's role at the club.

Let me ask you this...if you were employed with the sole purpose of instigating dialogue with the local Council and other parties regarding ground redevelopment in windon, wouyld you not have done more than Mike Bowden has done since he's been here (i.e. spoken to the council leader only and failed to get any other opinion or a history of previous planning applications)
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:48:02 »

Quote from: "Rich"

if we had the option to move Swindon Town FC to hunts copse id welcome it with open arms. would that then mean that Chippenham Dons or whatever would have to start in the non-leagues? if you understand what im saying

Sounds like a good site to me for the reasons mentioned above with the clubvs relationship with Puffett etc. No traffic going into town etc, only down side to this site in the Councils point of view is less money would go into the economy as there is nothing up there.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:48:21 »

If we go to chippenham I say reform as supermarine and start again, club outside swidnon isnt swindon

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:50:02 »

i agree with you Bush. tbh i just want a club to support from Swindon. if that means starting out in the southern league western division then so be it. AFC Wimbledon could be in the football league in a few years time.....just goes to show what can be achieved
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:51:15 »

Let me ask you this...if you were employed with the sole purpose of instigating dialogue with the local Council and other parties regarding ground redevelopment in windon, wouyld you not have done more than Mike Bowden has done since he's been here (i.e. spoken to the council leader only and failed to get any other opinion or a history of previous planning applications)

I know what your saying BUT how can you prove that Bowden has not spoken to the SBC or anything? Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean nothing is happening if you see what Im saying. You could be right  but end of the day it seems we are looking for a negative. No one has said Bowden has not spoken to the Council  or anyone else for that mater and no one has said he has. No news sometimes is good news?

Assumptions are being made etc.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:51:53 »

When Wimbledon moved one of the main sticking points was that there was little prospect of football in Merton - we know that there can be football inswindon - the Trust have gone a long way to rpoving that. Is it worth the Trust contacting the FA with an overview of the current situation and enquiring whether the current board would be permitted to relocate when the fans have put forward an alternative, viable option?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:55:05 »

I know what your saying BUT how can you prove that Bowden has not spoken to the SBC or anything? Just because we haven't heard anything doesn't mean nothing is happening if you see what Im saying. You could be right  but end of the day it seems we are looking for a negative. No one has said Bowden has not spoken to the Council  or anyone else for that mater and no one has said he has. No news sometimes is good news?

Not quite mate.  RobT posted this on the adver site yesterday:

* Mike Bowden based his original comments "Fatally Flawed" on a chat he had with 1 person on the Cabinet at the Council.

* when asked Bowden confirmed the clubs proposals include developing the green space (extension) - which was one of the big falling points in the previous plans.

* club have 3 proposals, all of which have been created without one meeting with any of the local councillors or local residents.

Not much consultation there is there? Rob also added that Bowden had no moral objections to the move and it WAS being considered.
I don't make up any old bollocks for the sake of it.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #40 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 21:56:36 »

* Mike Bowden based his original comments "Fatally Flawed" on a chat he had with 1 person on the Cabinet at the Council.

* when asked Bowden confirmed the clubs proposals include developing the green space (extension) - which was one of the big falling points in the previous plans.

* club have 3 proposals, all of which have been created without one meeting with any of the local councillors or local residents.

Not much consultation there is there? Rob also added that Bowden had no moral objections to the move and it WAS being considered.

I didnt say you were making it up. I wasnt at the Trust meeting so I have no idea what was said and I dont read the adver forum any more.

End of the day, I'm staying positive, chin up.... it will all come good eventually..... I hope.
sonic youth

« Reply #41 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 22:00:58 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I dont think the football league would allow it and its so pie in the sky I find it hard to get worked up about it if im honest.If it was anything more than an empty threat id fight it but at the moment it isnt really real.

precisely how i feel. i certainly don't feel unduly concernered at this juncture.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 22:05:45 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
I dont think the football league would allow it and its so pie in the sky I find it hard to get worked up about it if im honest.If it was anything more than an empty threat id fight it but at the moment it isnt really real.

precisely how i feel. i certainly don't feel unduly concernered at this juncture.

I think you underestimate the incompetence of the FA...I hope you're right though and I'm wrong.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 22:14:38 »

I think people have overlooked the fact that the club themselves don't realise how strongly we feel against a move.

Evident by Mike Bowden's comments yesterday
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, January 14, 2007, 22:35:49 »

I didnt say you were making it up. I wasnt at the Trust meeting so I have no idea what was said and I dont read the adver forum any more.

End of the day, I'm staying positive, chin up.... it will all come good eventually..... I hope.
I can confirm that Mike Bowden did say that at the meeting.  He also indicated (without naming him) that the person from SBC he was talking to was in fact the council leader, Rod Bluh.  He did invite Mike Wilkes to a joint meeting with himself and Rod Bluh "over a beer"!!  Don't know who was buying, just hope it won't be put on my council tax bill! :nono:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: