Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football League shake up proposals  (Read 25725 times)
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 06:22:56 »

One - Show me some fucking evidence that indicates that the number of English players in the top flight has anything at all to do with the England teams performance in international competition, because anyone with access to the internet can see that there's no bloody correlation whatsoever.

Don't you remember back in the 70s and 80s when the English top flight was made up of predominantly English players, and we won all those World Cups?!
kerry red

« Reply #76 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 07:19:46 »

I've not really taken much interest in this so far, so does this mean that every PL team will have a B side or just a few?

If its just a few what teams are going to make up the numbers for this new league?

If this is being touted to get young players some competitive action then why not just ban any promotion for the B teams - so if Man U, Arsenal and Spurs finish 1, 2 and 3 in the league just promote those non PL B teams who finish in the highest 3
Places
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 07:37:44 »

I've not really taken much interest in this so far, so does this mean that every PL team will have a B side or just a few?

If its just a few what teams are going to make up the numbers for this new league?

If this is being touted to get young players some competitive action then why not just ban any promotion for the B teams - so if Man U, Arsenal and Spurs finish 1, 2 and 3 in the league just promote those non PL B teams who finish in the highest 3
Places
It's confusing to say the least. Yesterday at the press conference Dyke intimated that PL & Championship clubs would be able to field B sides in a new League placed between the Conference and League 2. Promotion and relegation would occur, but only up to League 1 level. There's a truckload of unanswered questions from that snippet alone.
This morning, on BBC Breakfast, they stated that there would be 10 B sides from the top PL clubs. If this is true, once again it raises a lot of questions.

The area of his press conference that seems to have slipped past most people is the mooting of 'Strategic Loan Agreements' between PL clubs and us bottom feeders. Whilst it may sound ok in principal, he went on to state that it would allow greater control of loan players from the parent club than they currently have. Sounds to me like the formation of feeder clubs, but with a snazzier tagline.

I saw Dyke on the news this morning and his attitude really fucked me off. How anyone can think this is going to improve the National side beggars belief.

It's All Good..............
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 07:50:20 »

Not really a surprise that that herpes ridden twat Pete Winkelman supports the idea

Cunt
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 08:19:47 »

The area of his press conference that seems to have slipped past most people is the mooting of 'Strategic Loan Agreements' between PL clubs and us bottom feeders. Whilst it may sound ok in principal, he went on to state that it would allow greater control of loan players from the parent club than they currently have. Sounds to me like the formation of feeder clubs, but with a snazzier tagline.

I had a quick read of the report, one thing that comes up with regards to the current loan system is PL clubs not being happy with the training, playing style, facilities and so on at lower league clubs which makes them hesitant to send players out more. This is where the greater control element comes in.

I'm all in favour of it. Players will get the experience they need and hopefully, smaller clubs will get players for free or on the cheap, help with improving facilities and coaching and so on. Needs to be done carefully though to ensure clubs retain their independence and so it's fair. It appears to work well in Major League Baseball, maybe a model that could be copied.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 08:29:27 »

Needs to be done carefully though to ensure clubs retain their independence and so it's fair.
And do you really trust the FA or Premier League to ensure either of those? Or to do it carefully? No chance. The feeder clubs will be bitches, dancing to the PL club's tune. Within a few years, most of them will be more like a second B team than any semblance of their former selves as Swindon, Oldham etc.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 08:33:22 »

I
I saw Dyke on the news this morning and his attitude really fucked me off. How anyone can think this is going to improve the National side beggars belief.

The 'improve the National team' excuse was rolled out when the Prem was introduced, I can't remember the logic, but I think it was to do with the eventual reduction of teams from 22 to 20 would give more time for international breaks.

Was hogwash then and is hogwash now.

Help Ingerlund is a convenient peg to hang any changes that benefit the big boys on when you need to PR it to the rest of the footballing world. Afterall, they couldn't very well say last time "Look Alan Sugar needs to sell more satellites, Murdochs pay tv plan is going tits up, and we want loads of cash to make the gap between us and the rest of the Football League a huge gulf."
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 08:40:15 »

I absolutely hate the proposals.

However, for the first time, the PL wants something that the rest of football needs to agree to (and the FA should be sticking up for grass-roots football, what ever that means!). So the first issue to be discussed is fairer distribution of money within the game. Without that, the FA & the PL can f**k right off. If they won't discuss that then there is nothing more to discuss.
kerry red

« Reply #83 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 08:51:13 »

Will these games be played at Old Trafford and The Emirates or some backwater ground?

The only positive I can see is maybe an increase in attendances for home fans wanting to see some of the PL youngsters.

Here's an idea - why not stick them in the Scottish league?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 09:00:24 »

The only positive I can see is maybe an increase in attendances for home fans wanting to see some of the PL youngsters.

I'd predict the opposite, could see a fair amount of fans boycotting these games.

Young kids might successfully nag their parents to take them to see this version of Chelsea, Arsenal, etc but your regular fan isn't going to fall for the hype.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 09:42:00 »

It just smacks of not taking the lower leagues seriously.  Lets use them as a practice ground for the really important stuff, premier league teams.  Because the premier league and the national team are so much more important but cant possibly bear the burden.  Its not their fault that they have to pay ridiculous wages, carry stupidly large debt, buy every player with no intention of playing them just the intention that no one else can use their talent. 

What really annoys me is the element of playing around with the lower leagues for the betterment of the bloated sky sports premier league.

Etc etc blah blah Im in a bad mood and its not going to get any better as Im listening to Nick Cave.

Never knowingly overstated.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 09:48:58 »

I'd predict the opposite, could see a fair amount of fans boycotting these games.

Young kids might successfully nag their parents to take them to see this version of Chelsea, Arsenal, etc but your regular fan isn't going to fall for the hype.
my kids won't. I wouldn't be going to those games.

Which in turn could make a season ticket less attractive.

Which in turn could turn me into a more casual source of income.

Might just be me. If not it's something stfc should consider should it go to vote. But then why would they need or money, they can rebrand to some b team.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 09:58:39 »

Will these games be played at Old Trafford and The Emirates or some backwater ground?

Cant see manures b team being allowed to play  23 lg games at OT
Pitch wouldnt stand up and the A team wouldnt be able to play  Crying

Cant see those clubs building somewhere that fits current league entry standards either

They could of course groundshare
Chelsea play reserve games at Aldershit currently so could easily see manure B chucking a few quid at someone like Oldham/Rochdale and playing their.
To the detriment of their playing surface
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 09:58:45 »

Can't see them getting the crowds to justify the expense of opening up Old Trafford etc, not to mention the damage to the pitch. Much more likely that United would play at somewhere like Oldham, City at Stockport, Arsenal at Barnet etc.

Those clubs won't be able to afford to turn them down, even though it will f**k the pitch for their own first teams.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, May 9, 2014, 09:59:27 »

Apologies posted at same time as M Wooley, didn't see his post.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: