Pages: 1 ... 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1224534 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4200 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 17:41:14 »

*you are

Nothing to see here
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4201 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 18:04:19 »

I'm not  Smiley

I'm angry that another guy has been needlessly killed. It really needs to end.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4202 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 19:11:59 »

Hahahahahahahaha how the fuck is that remotely racist

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4203 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 21:54:00 »

Quote from: bamboonoshop
My sister has had similar notification for her child as you have. Except it's for a Y6 that they can't safely accommodate a return for. Since their key worker and SEN pupils have already reached capacity to do so safely.

I mirror your support too, as does my sister.

yeah it's the number of key worker/seem that's done it for ours too.

to me it makes more sense to put the older ones back first (the government that is). the younger ones are harder to keep socially distant.
--
real shame that both sons are in the last year of their respective years
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #4204 on: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 23:53:30 »

yeah it's the number of key worker/seem that's done it for ours too.

real shame that both sons are in the last year of their respective years

Yeah, it's quite a key time for a Y6 as they should be excited/nervous/intrigued about their transition to secondary school and all the induction style stuff. Her school haven't given any guidelines on when that might happen yet. I hope she (my niece) and any child in Y6 isn't denied it, as while it isn't the be all and end all, I do feel it is integral. Almost one of those first "rights of passage" and a time when kids (depending on development) start to become even more aware of independent thought and learning.

One thing my sister said, of the information she received, it didn't read like a particularly enjoyable environment to be learning in with the distancing measures put in place at school etc. Of course it's the safety element that matters first but I think my sis wasn't going to send her back yet anyway. Very torn though, when referring back to the being denied that transitional element.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4205 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 07:16:01 »

Hahahahahahahaha how the fuck is that remotely racist

Call it or don't call it but it's still wrong.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4206 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 08:49:20 »

Carole Cadwalladr has retweeted this bit of "investigation" on the cottage Dom stayed in:
https://universalcreditsuffer.com/2020/05/31/cummings-spare-cottage-without-planning-permission-and-pays-no-council-tax/

I don't know the full details but there is every possibility that the planning/council tax thing is a complete red herring.

My sister has had similar notification for her child as you have. Except it's for a Y6 that they can't safely accommodate a return for. Since their key worker and SEN pupils have already reached capacity to do so safely.

I mirror your support too, as does my sister.

What are they doing about hours, up here the hub where all the SEN/KW kids have been going has been open till 5.30 every day, yet when that closes at the end of this week and the schools themselves re-open they can only offer the service until 3.15 each day as per their normal hours thus its going to mean that the KW's are actually going to receive less support than they are now.

Its all a nonsense anyway, when they do get back the classes are all going to be mixed up so there will be very little education, its basically providing child minding services.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #4207 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 09:20:09 »

Interesting article on some recent discussions in medical circles in the US that Covid19 may be a blood vessel disease rather than primarily respiratory. It's initial "way in" is via the lungs, which is why it's impact and symptoms are first seen as respiratory, but it then goes on to effect the vascular system more generally. Not sure it "explains everything" as the unfortunately clickbaity headline suggests, but it's an interesting angle.

https://elemental.medium.com/coronavirus-may-be-a-blood-vessel-disease-which-explains-everything-2c4032481ab2
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4208 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 09:57:43 »

Call it or don't call it but it's still wrong.

Genuine question 4D - have you ever experienced being policed differently as a football fan (particularly outside a ground or travelling to one)?  i.e. your behaviour wasn't different but the Police's attitude towards you was different due to the context?

I'd be interested in your response and then I'll explain why I think it's relevant.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4209 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 09:59:24 »

A worrying development

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwest/news/2060751-thousands-of-curry-houses-may-never-open-again
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4210 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 11:29:26 »

it seems the Canary Islands may open again to tourists in time for summer.

we were supposed to be going in August, I'm not sure how I feel about going if it pans out we can.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #4211 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 11:34:26 »

Same for me with Rhodes in July.  I believe Greece currently planning to review UK tourists being allowed in on 1st July.  My hope is they say no UK admissions so decision is made for me (and refund).

No one kills a thread like me....
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4212 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 11:41:11 »

it seems the Canary Islands may open again to tourists in time for summer.

we were supposed to be going in August, I'm not sure how I feel about going if it pans out we can.

As we all know it's possible to have the virus without any symptoms so even if they checked your temperature before boarding you could still have it. My main concern would be on the flights as the air conditioning is going to recycle everything that's in the atmosphere so the sooner they develop a test to prove you've already had the virus the safer it will be for everyone

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #4213 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 12:09:27 »

yes mine too re :airport/airplane

it was mentioned in one newspaper is that every visitor would need a covid negative blood test before being allowed into Tenerife . But not sure how that's implementable - it surely can't be done at the airport. if it's done sometime before then how valid is it on day of travel?

we are if course still under an 'essential travel only' order. I won't be disappointed if that lasts until September.

ps. they have an antibody test that is 98-99% accurate. they are using it on NHS staff at the moment
« Last Edit: Monday, June 1, 2020, 15:18:52 by Batch » Logged
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #4214 on: Monday, June 1, 2020, 13:27:08 »

Interesting article in the British Medical Journal.

https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2102

No one kills a thread like me....
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: