Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1204721 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4245 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 17:52:51 »

I would say something in those circumstances.  I am sure they would appreciate the advice.  Don't judge them just coz dey is yoofs.

Nothing to see here
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4246 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 17:54:10 »

I'd run to the nearest keyboard & spout some bile to people I don't even know.

But will anyone pay any attention?

Nothing to see here
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4247 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 18:01:34 »

I'd run to the nearest keyboard & spout some bile to people I don't even know.

Just interested to hear what other people would do. Nowt wrong with that.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #4248 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 18:20:05 »

They may have come from a big family  Wink

So, give no fucks
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #4249 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 18:21:42 »

https://www.statisticsauthority.gov.uk/correspondence/sir-david-norgrove-response-to-matt-hancock-regarding-the-governments-covid-19-testing-data/

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4250 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2020, 18:24:37 »

I think you must be. The excess deaths figures are always published 10 days or so in arrears, so the most recent figures are for the week up to May 22nd, we won't have the figures for the last week until June 9th.

Sorry, I meant the last week the data was published - the last grey bar In the chart (afaik the guy who makes the chart takes the weekly figure and simply averages it to chart it)

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #4251 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 09:39:24 »

Caught up with someone who works in the old folks home in the village last evening, they confirmed they have lost >10% of residents to C-19.  No
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4252 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 11:47:43 »

Now the Health Service Journal are reporting that the government removed a key section from Public Health England’s review of the relative risk of covid-19 to specific groups. One source with knowledge of the review said the section “did not survive contact with Matt Hancock’s office” over the weekend.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/story.aspx?storyCode=7027761
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4253 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 17:05:00 »

UK today announced more coronavirus deaths (359) than the entire EU 27 combined (324). 

That's quite the statistic.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4254 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 17:19:57 »

Big cheer for Boris no doubt doing the rounds again on facebook
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #4255 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 17:20:37 »

UK today announced more coronavirus deaths (359) than the entire EU 27 combined (324). 

That's quite the statistic.

Hang on, we arent in the EU so it shouldn't be benchmarked. (lights touch paper and fucks off)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #4256 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 19:15:15 »

wtf is going on with mass protests during a pandemic. utterly utterly crazy. think about how many travelled by car, train, tube. the cause is right but the action is ridiculous. we will truly see in a few weeks time whether this has died away and reduced or whether everything is going to explode again. the same people will be out clapping NHS I'm sure
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #4257 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 19:17:11 »

Haven’t posted here for a while, but I’m in a quandary and would appreciate some Independent advice.

I know it’s been difficult for most, but I’m struggling big time. Here’s my problem...

I’m 40. My wife died end of 2018, having been diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer three days before our only son was born. He was two, now coming up four. The grandparents have been great, but obvs stopped seeing them early/mid March. They are an hour away.

I’m still working, but for 40pc less than three months ago. Have to work to pay bills etc. Just about managing to get the working day/week done, but with a three year old in the background who is totally addicted to an iPad. Nursery have said they are only taking key worker kids back as it’s part of a school and they need the space (I get that).

Short term this was just about doable. Medium term I have serious concerns about both our mental healths. Long term I have no idea what to do.

The point is, I can’t legally let him stay with grandparents, but 85 days in and I’m about to break.  I also need a break, but I’m pretty worried about giving him to 69/70yr olds, especially my late wife’s parents (however willing they are). Killing them wouldn’t go down well. Less explaining to do with my mum.

Call me a cunt by all means, but what would you do?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4258 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 19:44:35 »

Sorry for your loss Jan, is there another nursery you could ask?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #4259 on: Wednesday, June 3, 2020, 20:20:17 »

Haven’t posted here for a while, but I’m in a quandary and would appreciate some Independent advice.

I know it’s been difficult for most, but I’m struggling big time. Here’s my problem...

I’m 40. My wife died end of 2018, having been diagnosed with stage 4 bowel cancer three days before our only son was born. He was two, now coming up four. The grandparents have been great, but obvs stopped seeing them early/mid March. They are an hour away.

I’m still working, but for 40pc less than three months ago. Have to work to pay bills etc. Just about managing to get the working day/week done, but with a three year old in the background who is totally addicted to an iPad. Nursery have said they are only taking key worker kids back as it’s part of a school and they need the space (I get that).

Short term this was just about doable. Medium term I have serious concerns about both our mental healths. Long term I have no idea what to do.

The point is, I can’t legally let him stay with grandparents, but 85 days in and I’m about to break.  I also need a break, but I’m pretty worried about giving him to 69/70yr olds, especially my late wife’s parents (however willing they are). Killing them wouldn’t go down well. Less explaining to do with my mum.

Call me a cunt by all means, but what would you do?

Firstly, jesus I hope you and the boy are ok.

If you, the boy and they have been isolating for this time, can't you just shuttle him between you and them as a single bubble, if none of you are showing symptoms (and haven't) as long as you stay in the car when moving won't it be ok as none of you have been out for the incubation period?
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: