Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avoid this car dealership-garage as they will rip you off  (Read 34889 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 14:20:01 »

I never knew that horlock, you learn something new every day.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 16:26:57 »

Clarke & Rodway in Marlborough. No idea what they're like though.

Good in my experience, had no problems in seven years.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 12:45:59 »

Contact trading standards. And in future heed previous warnings of rip off garages 

I may just do that, I wasn't aware of this thread previous only that someone mentioned it on FB to me thought I'd find it
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, August 21, 2013, 19:43:07 »

my dad bought a citreon from car shop, runs fine but has a warning light pop up every now and again.
Took it in, they booked him in to go to the Swindon motor park to get it looked at. He specifically stated to them, only have a look at it, do not do any work as he needs the car the next day, they agree and the next morning he goes to pick the car up and Swindon motor park have it stripped down and have started to fix (or try to fix) it. He went off his rocker and make them put it all back together there and then.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 18:33:06 »

Has anyone used Car Shop in Swindon or can recommend somewhere good for used cars? I've been looking all day around my neck of the woods and found fuck all about from a Saab 95 that'd probably cost more to run than I can afford
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 18:56:50 »

Has anyone used Car Shop in Swindon or can recommend somewhere good for used cars? I've been looking all day around my neck of the woods and found fuck all about from a Saab 95 that'd probably cost more to run than I can afford

Here's a tip...do your car research (using autotrader and whatcar) and decide what model/engine/trim you want before you choose where to get it from.

Then find traders that sell that car.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 18:57:31 »

Not used it myself but a good friend bought his latest car there, he thought it was a high pressure selling operation, once inside they didn't want to let you out!!  There seemed to be a funny arrangement for paying as well but I cannot quite remember what happened, he ended up going to his bank in Wootton Bassett and drawing out the requisite amount and paid in cash!!  May be just a one-off though!
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 18:58:25 »

Trading Standards fella I know said beware.

Best used car trader? He reckons T James, Cricklade. Been going years and lots of repeat business.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 19:03:52 »

Here's a tip...do your car research (using autotrader and whatcar) and decide what model/engine/trim you want before you choose where to get it from.

Then find traders that sell that car.
Given my budget I can't be that picky.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 19:05:44 »

Car Shop is very high pressure sales. You cant even browse, they sit you down the moment you walk in. Saying that, I bought my car from them 4 years ago, but I knew exactly what I wanted and mugged them off with my part-ex that needed over a grands worth of work.

Buying private will get you more for your money. Got the wife a Clio off Auto trader last year that had full service history and just 50,000 miles for £1,200.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 19:18:18 »

I went in there to browse and it was alright until some young lad tried to muscle in on it when I went to leave and was extremely pushy, expecting me to put a deposit down on a car just in case. The deals look alright though.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 20:07:12 »

Given my budget I can't be that picky.

Even if you only have £1,500 to spend, you should still choose what type of car you want (saloon/estate/hatch/supermini) and use AutoTrader and WhatCar to see what you can expect to get (in terms of age, mileage, spec) for that price. Then you can narrow down your options and find a dealer that has what you want.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 20:59:49 »

Car Shop is very high pressure sales. You cant even browse, they sit you down the moment you walk in. Saying that, I bought my car from them 4 years ago, but I knew exactly what I wanted and mugged them off with my part-ex that needed over a grands worth of work.

Buying private will get you more for your money. Got the wife a Clio off Auto trader last year that had full service history and just 50,000 miles for £1,200.

Very high pressure to the point I felt a bit intimidated.  They wouldn't even give me a price for part ex on my car until I'd put down a deposit on a car.  Wasn't prepared to take the risk in case they offered next to nothing.  That was a fair few years ago though, so not sure if they still do that?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #133 on: Monday, September 16, 2013, 21:19:35 »

I wen there a few years ago but they seemed to accept "fuck off" without too much argument.

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 11:43:04 »

Even if you only have £1,500 to spend, you should still choose what type of car you want (saloon/estate/hatch/supermini) and use AutoTrader and WhatCar to see what you can expect to get (in terms of age, mileage, spec) for that price. Then you can narrow down your options and find a dealer that has what you want.

Good advice that.

Re-car shop, My old chap bought his car from there as i'm sure i've mentioned before. A year old punto with under 10k on the clock for £5000. This was in 2007 and not had any trouble. I personally didn't like car shop when i went in there as it's impossible to just browse.

I've also noted Swindon motor park getting more 1 star ratings recently with shocking comments to accompany them.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 11:56:48 by arriba » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: