Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avoid this car dealership-garage as they will rip you off  (Read 34452 times)

Ignore
« on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 19:37:52 »

Swindon Motor Park.

Bought my car brand new from there in 08 and have discovered a job they did to fix my windscreen washer a couple of years ago was a botched one and the problem was covered up. Had ongoing problems with the washers from about 10 months of having it. By first annual service they didn't work and then again by the second service.
They billed me first service for labour but i refused to pay second time around.

What they did on the second occasion unknown to me was to put a 15amp fuse in place of a 10amp(which i'm guessing kept blowing when they attempted to fix it) which should have been there,rather than sort out the route cause whilst the car was under warranty. They also broke the washer jet casing the first time(the bit that fires the water to the screen and didn't tell me at the time either,which they replaced the second time time after i pointed it out to them)

The problem came back today and i went straight to look at the fuse and noticed they'd put the wrong one in last time after looking in the cars instruction book. That one has now blown.
Tried a correct 10 amp and that blew straight away and then another 15 and althought that didn't blow got no power to the washer pump.
Spoke to the manager there who refused to help and even said that putting the wrong fuse in was no issue(i asked him to send me that in writing) Said it had been ok for 2 years so it wasn't their problem.
Eventually he hung up on me.

I've e-mailed citizens advice and will pursue this one.
Avoid the cowboy cunts at all costs is my advice.
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 19:43:40 by arriba » Logged
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 19:59:32 »

Not much wrong with the Clio we bought in 06. But that was six long years ago, bastards!

Now, ain't that just like me?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:03:35 »

What make you got Arriba?

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:11:32 »

What make you got Arriba?
citroen.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:13:41 »

Are they the ones in Greenbridge by the roundabout

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 20:17:28 »

Yes chalkies
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 21:04:55 »

If the fuse keeps blowing then you must have a short or a bad earth in the circuit somewhere.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 21:05:51 »

Looked at a few second cars there the other day. The bloke had no idea what he was going on about - recommended something totally unsuitable and did absolutely nothing to help me find the right car, let alone convince me to buy one. Not overly surprised to hear they're shoddy after the sale.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 21:54:19 »

My friend bought a car there.  She had problems with it almost immediately and after a big row in there, they took it back and swapped it for another one.  She then had problems with that one, which ended up costing her alot of money to get sorted elsewhere because they wouldn't help. The sales people she dealt with were rude and unhelpful as soon as there were issues.  I've got a feeling she reported them to CAB as well.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 22:56:03 »

Typical used car dealership really. Feed you bollocks to sell the car then claim any issues after the sale are nothing to do with them. 

Hope you get your car sorted soon Arriba.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 23:31:05 »

Is this the Seat dealership? My brother had loads of problems with them servicing his car. Worst one was them putting a massive dent in it and then denying it was them as all their staff denied any knowledge of it. They eventually backtracked when someone admitted to doing it but even then their initial repair job wasn't much more than slapping a bit of paint on with a brush.

I had major run ins with Dick Lovett over the engine in a new car burning oil and a largish accident repair job they did. It took a good few months sorting it all out but to be fair to them they never once told me to fuck off and they sorted it all out perfectly in the end. I reckon BMW dealerships care a lot more about their reputation than Seat's.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, July 26, 2012, 23:46:40 »

Typical used car dealership.  Good luck in getting any joy, unfortunately I would be surprised if you do.  This is exactly why I don't take any exended warranty, not worth the paper.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 07:04:07 »

Typical used car dealership.  Good luck in getting any joy, unfortunately I would be surprised if you do.  This is exactly why I don't take any exended warranty, not worth the paper.

Word

Clems Army!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 07:30:29 »

almost bought a car from there last year but decided to keep my current one, even though my golf if not the most practical of cars for commmuting in, but its the best car ive had, with minimal issues, im very reluctant to get rid of it bcause knowing my luck i will go and buy a lemon
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #14 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 08:30:46 »

Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: