Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Avoid this car dealership-garage as they will rip you off  (Read 35060 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 13:31:07 »

The saga continues.

Dropped the car off this morning. Asked what the actual problem is.

'We think its the battery' They say.
'But it's been tested twice by skoda assist and came back as healthy' I reply.
'Oh...they use the same equipment as us... it may not be the battery then. We may have to do some more diagnostics...'

So leave it with them and ask if they can drop it off at home for me as they provide that service. It's a long walk with a one year old from North Swindon. His response was it is good especially with the Olympics on we should embrace it. But he agreed they could drop my car off.

As I was leaving he shouted 'If we have one driver, can you drop him back here?'.

I laughed, and said would I get discount and/or petrol money? He said no. He could see I wasn't impressed, so just left the dealer....

See what happens!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 14:20:52 »

'We think its the battery' They say.
'But it's been tested twice by skoda assist and came back as healthy' I reply.
'Oh...they use the same equipment as us... it may not be the battery then. We may have to do some more diagnostics...'

jesus wept.
Barry Scott

« Reply #92 on: Monday, August 13, 2012, 15:11:11 »

Years ago my previous Volvo developed a problem with the power steering, Volvo said £1500 just for parts as the rack needed replacing.

I then took it to a place called Swindon Volvo (convenient name for service stamps because thu were nothing to do with Volvo) and they fixed it for £25. My Volvo never went to the main dealer again in it's 4 year life and my second Volvo likewise never went near one in the 3 years I owned it.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 10:34:09 »

sippo, what year skoda is it? does your batter have a fuse box on top?
i had a problem with my golf where i would get alernator errors and battery errors and after swapping battery and alernator the car would still cut out, it turned out one of the cables going into this fuse box was totaly burned out.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:04:24 »

So another problem with the lovely folk from Swindon Motorpark. The wifes seat will not start, and is still under warranty. I say 'still under', apparently because the yearly service is 4 weeks overdue this invalidates the warranty!! wtf?!! They are now refusing to come and get the car as it will not start - possible alternator issue.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:06:13 »

Not serviced in line with manufacturers recommendations = no warranty.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:06:30 »

So another problem with the lovely folk from Swindon Motorpark. The wifes seat will not start, and is still under warranty. I say 'still under', apparently because the yearly service is 4 weeks overdue this invalidates the warranty!! wtf?!! They are now refusing to come and get the car as it will not start - possible alternator issue.

How do you mean her seat won't start?

I now have this image of a random woman hovering around on a car seat!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:08:01 »

Not serviced in line with manufacturers recommendations = no warranty.

But still serviced by seat at their main HQ....and stamps to prove it.

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:26:35 »

But still serviced by seat at their main HQ....and stamps to prove it.
although you should stick to the service schedule for warranty purposes a good dealer would help I think of they want your continued business. That bunch of cunts  wont do Jack shit. I spoke to some twat  called Paul titherage and he hung up on me. Unhelpful doesn't even come close
« Last Edit: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:29:19 by arriba » Logged
corner

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:55:25 »

although you should stick to the service schedule for warranty purposes a good dealer would help I think of they want your continued business. That bunch of cunts  wont do Jack shit. I spoke to some twat  called Paul titherage and he hung up on me. Unhelpful doesn't even come close

Oww my god I know him!!!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 15:57:28 »

I know Jack Shit too Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 16:00:56 »

so do plenty of pissed off customers of that dealership. Sure trading standards do too
Sippo
Living in the 80s

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, November 22, 2012, 18:03:46 »

To be honest I'd rather get it serviced by a qualified seat person rather than those cowboys anyway.

DMR

« Reply #103 on: Friday, November 23, 2012, 09:08:39 »

To be honest I'd rather get it serviced by a qualified seat person rather than those cowboys anyway.

As this has evidently gone well so far
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 12:03:13 »

*BUMP*

Nearly bought a car from Swindon Motor Park the weekend, agreed a deal etc got home sat evening looked at the paperwork and found that it was a different model and engine size listed, went back Sunday, salesman was out so spoke to sales manager he checked everything and said their paperwork was wrong it was an 'admin' error but he could not print of new correct paperwork as the salesman would have to do it but he adjusted it manually (no actual appology).

He also gave us a copy of the HPI check to show what vehicle it was.  Sales manager told us he was not aware of this vehicle as he had been on hols for 2 weeks and just got back.

HPI paperwork said they had the car there for 4 weeks.

After telling them how poor we thought this was and we was not happy, and questioning whether we was being chared for a 1200 or a 1400 we left as he sat there and said I dont know what else you want me to do, later looking at the HPI paperwork it turns out this car is listed with finance but listed as 'group stock' so, phoned HPI and asked them what this meant and they said that the garage had taken finance to put it on their forecourt and to ensure when we pick the car up we get a letter from them saying they own the finance and it would be cleared.

Part of the deal we also tried to arrange when buying the car was to get a full tank of fuel for free but was told it cannot be done as they no longer have a fuel card, sitting at the sales manager's desk what was there but a fuel card and list of amounts it had been used for....£40 £20 £60 etc etc so he lied, the sales manager didn't appreicate being asked why his salesman lied to me and was it common practise

We got concerned over all this and decided we no longer trusted them and would not be happy having this car from them, and then we discused the details we was told about the car we realised there was things said that didnt sound right whe nyou think sabout them with everything else that had gone on.

So we decided I would call on Mon and tell them we no longer wanted to go ahead with this purchase (making up a reason), spoke to the salesman who tried the hard sell offering us their finance at a low rate no setup fee's etc but I stood my ground, he said he would speak to the sales manager.

I got a call a while later from the sales manager who then told me I could not have the deposit back as they had put the car into the body shop (bear in mind I called at 0920 and the salesman told me the body work would be done Thursday) I said it was not my problem as told them early enough, and I cannot afford to lose that money, he then went on to tell me he should be charging me double as it costs them, I said they would get that money back when they re-sell the vehicle as the scuffs and scratches would need sorting he said not always, and refused to refund the money and that that was the end of the conversation.

I didn't believe them so luckily the wife was at home so I got her to go down there and look for the car, and hey presto it was sitting in their compound area untouched, so she took photos and went in and demanded our money back and then got told she had to email a certain email address saying she wanted the deposit back and why, so daftly she agreed, but got the details to me I done it and got the refund late afternoon.

I'm really tempted to find out who actually owns the chain and send them a letter of complaint the lies and  deceit is unbelievable.

Moto of the story - keep away from Swindon Motor Park don't trust them.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: