Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise V Swindon town Official matchday thread  (Read 44946 times)
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 10:59:27 »

Quote from: THE FLASH link=topic=38033.msg796988#msg796988 date1268212712
Pericard huffed and puffed but didnt win any headers and couldnt seem to hold the ball up. I still couldnt understand the half wits booing him when he got subbed....what utter cunts.

Decent post Flash agree with pretty much all of that particularly the above. Seems a fair amount of Town fans have got their next scapegoat which has taken all of 3 or 4 sub appearances, and whilst I too would rather have Charlie starting I think that was shameful.

Comments about the MK Donuts ground/fans/set up etc which too made me feel bad that my hard earned dosh was helping those fuckers carry on, and about the Swindon fan making a twat of himself basically slagging off anything and everything that moved were spot on.

DW may not admit it but leaving Greer out was the biggest mistake. Greer and Cuthbert remain easily our best central pairing at the back (even taking Rovers into account)and whilst I hope that Morrison develops into the monster defender for the Town that we want, right now injuries aside he cannot do the job that Greer does particularly with the ball at his feet. When Greer came on the distribution from the back improved massively and we started to play a bit more on the deck.

Also a mention for Ferry who probably covered the most ground out of any of our players last night both going forward and defensively, the radio twats may not have mentioned him but his efforts didn't go unnoticed by all, and for Danny Ward whose efforts deserved a goal.

Hope DW starts at Brighton with the team that finished last night. A win and we're back on track and even with the hard month coming up we've still got a great shout for the play offs.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 11:02:26 »

I didn't boo him, just slated him for being genuinely shit.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 11:04:33 »

Disappointed with the back to back defeats, and dont expect much from the next 3 games tbh. does appear we need to freshen things up a bit. Manks hasn't been the same since he got clogged at Southend. Nothing like a couple of defeats to get the mongs out though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 11:11:25 »

We have been saying all season that we have no strength in depth
No, you have
we do not have anyone on the bench who can come on and change a game when things are going wrong.
I've heard more people saying that our bench this season has looked better than large chunks of our first team for the last couple.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 11:16:30 »

NOTE

I stood at the back and had my picture taken......what was all that about?

Clems Army!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 11:27:05 »

FWIW, I think we'll win Saturday and lose Tuesday. Then Leeds/Norwich, who knows. Either way, we won't be the only team dropping points between now and the end of the season.

Wilson and the lads have got us this far, and you don't become a shit team overnight.

It's going to be ups and downs until the ed of the season, with hopefully more ups than downs.

You have to be pragmatic in defeat and learn from them. Hopefully wilson will have learned that resting greer is a risk, and won't do it again. He can rest in june when we're in the Championship.
Spencer_White

« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 11:30:31 »

Flash probably because Thames Valley Police (oxford, reading) hate us.

What did Pericard do to deserve praise then? His first touch was bad, his running was bad and his link up play was bad.

Austins first touch was a one two with Ward which almost had him through on goal. I didnt boo Pericard off, and I didnt sing Austins name while he was on the bench. But scapegoat? Pericard, Morrison, their keeper Gueret (who hardly had to make a save) and the injured Amankwaah were the worst players on the pitch last night.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 11:50:19 »

These results may make DW push the loan market that little bit harder now.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 11:53:37 »

it's one thing booing players, another discussing them on here. If they're shit and playing shit, that's not making them a scapegoat, that's merely discussing things that have happened.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 12:17:00 »

Calling Pericard a goat is offensive to goats...
studs

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 12:46:11 »

Ha ha ha!!! is pericard the new hutchinson?
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 13:09:02 »

it's one thing booing players, another discussing them on here. If they're shit and playing shit, that's not making them a scapegoat, that's merely discussing things that have happened.

A fair few of our fans were on Pericards back right from his first touch, like I said after a few sub appearances only this was ridiculous, they had already made their minds up. He did not cover himself in glory by any stretch but with the long ball ('Hoofball') service he and Billy were getting it is no wonder they struggled (yes including Billy). Charlie has been a revelation since joining us he deserves the plaudits and in my opinion should have started but Pericard did instead. If he gets half the success that Charlie has managed then I expect we'll all be happy, if he carries on making zero impact then hopefully DW will not pick him. He doesn't deserve praise that's true but equally getting on his back already won't help him or us.

Mistakes in defence cost us last night and frankly saying we deserved to get beat easily with the chances and luck we had in my opinion is bollocks, thought we deserved a point.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 13:12:50 »

Ha ha ha!!! is pericard the new hutchinson?

No, it's physically impossible to be as bad as Hutchinson was.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 13:19:42 »

I'll back him on a matchday, but I think he's pap. we can do better than that.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 13:29:00 »

time to bring ritchie in and use ward up front perhaps? only if paynter or austin are injured of course.

ritchie was one of our better players on saturday from what i saw
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: