Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise V Swindon town Official matchday thread  (Read 44604 times)
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 13:29:22 »

I think Pericard is very much a confidence player.  He looked like he hadn't played for months last night but i still don't think he's a shit player.  

He's only had 4 or 5 sub appearances for us, hardly a long run out in a team to warrant fans judging him as a bad player. I just don't understand fans booing a player, it certainly doesn't do the players confidence any good.

Whilst he hasn't made the impact Austin has give him a chance before writing him off  

juddie

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 13:39:04 »

I'll happily eat my words if he turns it on, and I understand it must be difficult coming on and not starting. Even so, he just looks gangly and, well, just shit!

Still, a goal could sort him out, here's hoping. I'd love nothing more than to be proved wrong. Wilson must know something we don't.
studs

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 13:49:00 »

agree
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 14:11:37 »

I don't think Pericard is anywhere near as bad as Hutchinson. He's shown he's got something and I reckon its just a matter of him needing some time to get going, a goal normally works wonders.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 14:39:15 »

I don't think you can underestimate the importance of charlie's first goal. Must have been such a confidence boost, to be able to do it at this level.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 14:46:17 »

It may seem harsh to judge him on the limited football he has played for us, but thats all most of us have to go on.

It was discussed on the way up whether he might start and how did we think he would do if given more than 10/15 minutes.

Big dissapointment all round. He didnt look threatening at all and Franchise didnt have to do much to stop him. I dont think he had a shot all game.

The team didnt help him playing crappy hoofball but Paynter had the same service and hit the woodwork twice, Austin managed to get in a couple of times. At least they had the application to at least try.

I think what pissed me off most about him was the way he slowly walked off like we were 2-0 up....

As for Morrison, young player of course and he isnt going to be perfect and he will make certain mistakes you can put down to age and experience. Last night wasnt one of them. I dont care if you are 9, 19,  29 or 59  you clear your lines and dont fuck about with it.

If Big Kev isnt fit for Brighton then we need to go with wing backs. I dont want to see Cuthbert taken out of the middle at all and I dont really want Morrison in there either.

Lucas

Cuthbert
Greer
LJF

JPM
Sheehan

Ferry
Douglas
Easton

Paynter
Ward

as for Pericard Vs Hutchinson - Hutch is 1 up in goals scored!

.....and we didnt deserve anything from that game. Franchise had another 3 gears they could have used in the second half if it ever looked like we might come back into it.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 14:48:10 by Dave » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 14:50:12 »

anyone for Brighton?
DMR

« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 15:21:33 »

2-0 defeat and panic time.

Get in
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 15:24:45 »

it was 2-1 daffyd
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 15:24:57 »

Get in

Close but no cigar. We scored in injury time.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 15:25:17 »

lolllllllllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
DMR

« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 16:22:43 »

Gay!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 16:24:46 »

Franchise cunts.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 16:50:58 »

when we dont win the players who come in are the ones singled out for stick.
morrison,smith,ljf,pericard have all had this.
smith at southend unfairly,morrison at orient unfairly,ljf nearly every game he plays.

morrison fucked up from the footage of the goal last night,but he got punished because he's a centre back.other players get away with giving the ball away because it doesn't get immediately punished.i would never have dropped greer, but i think people are too quick to jump on morrison.from where he was on the park it wasn't a case of clearing his lines.if he had, he would be getting stick for being a hoofer.he dwelled on the ball and got robbed of it,it happens to every centre back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 16:57:58 »

I have no problem with him having time on the ball when he has got it, when he's under pressure he shouldnt be trying drag backs and passes. Just put your fucking foot through it.

It was inexcusable
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: