Pages: 1 ... 1610 1611 1612 [1613] 1614 1615 1616 ... 2658   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5169174 times)
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #24180 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 15:51:37 »

Had a maggot infestation in our bin earlier this week. Bin emptied Thursday morning, maggots gone. Or so I thought. Came back tonight to hundreds of the bugger le crawling around outside our house

Gonna by all the salt that co op has tomorrow, but it won't salt away the feeling that I've become the neighbourhood pikey

We suffered from this in the past but we have an ants nest next to the bin this year and they are crawling all over it and removing/eating/killing the maggots. Handy little fuckers :-)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #24181 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 17:58:10 »

Windows 10 updating on my laptop, that took 90 minutes to finish.
Now the laptop is running incredibly slowly and Cortana will not fuck off.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24182 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 18:01:12 »

You're lucky it didn't just blue screen it
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #24183 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 18:02:55 »

Channel 5 showing Christmas programmes this evening.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24184 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 18:16:02 »

Quote from: ibelieveinmrreeves
Channel 5 showing Christmas programmes this evening.
seconded
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #24185 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 18:22:52 »

There are plenty of other channels you miserable sods.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #24186 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 20:14:39 »

Well I didn't say I was watching it...

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24187 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 08:23:30 »

The BBC Weather App, presently saying a mix of light and heavy cloud for the day as torrential rain beats against the window - its been much the same both in terms of forecast and actual weather all weekend.

Why do they bother if they are incapable of getting the forecast even close?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24188 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 08:34:46 »

The BBC Weather App, presently saying a mix of light and heavy cloud for the day as torrential rain beats against the window - its been much the same both in terms of forecast and actual weather all weekend.

Why do they bother if they are incapable of getting the forecast even close?

The Met Office lost the contract it had with the BBC since the 1920's, recently, to obviously the New Zealand weather service.

There's a debate to be had as to if this is another small example of the erosion of our quality of life due to Tory austerity, or as the Tory Brexiteers argue an obscure EU directive.

I'd hazard a guess that weather forecasting in France isn't provided by some former colonial backwater in the Pacific, like New Caledonia.  Maybe Froggy coulld help?
Flashheart

« Reply #24189 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 08:44:22 »

Only Reg could manage to blame shoddy weather forecasting on the Tories. No doubt Thatcher had a hand in your app's errant forecasting somehow, Horlock.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #24190 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:02:35 »

He's right though. The reduced quality of weather forecasting is directly attributable to Tory cuts.

Britain is world leader in knowing the cost of everything, and the value of nothing.

Which is why you carry on voting to piss away your quality of life, then belatedly moan about it and move abroad for your retirement.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #24191 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:05:54 »

The Met Office lost the contract it had with the BBC since the 1920's, recently, to obviously the New Zealand weather service.

There's a debate to be had as to if this is another small example of the erosion of our quality of life due to Tory austerity, or as the Tory Brexiteers argue an obscure EU directive.

I'd hazard a guess that weather forecasting in France isn't provided by some former colonial backwater in the Pacific, like New Caledonia.  Maybe Froggy coulld help?

The Met Office has indeed lost the contract although I don't think they actually cease to provide the forecast until next Spring sometime so the present uselessness of the BBC app is entirely on their watch?

Not sure where the New Zealand idea has come from but its actually given the contract to MeteoGroup who already provide the forecasting for most commercial TV in this country and are UK based?
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #24192 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:11:16 »

Only Reg could manage to blame shoddy weather forecasting on the Tories. No doubt Thatcher had a hand in your app's errant forecasting somehow, Horlock.

That's all I can put it down to, incidentally its now been updated to show light rain for this morning (I assume that someone has now looked out of a window in Cumbria), whilst it is now hammering it down more than ever!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24193 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:11:32 »

He's right though. The reduced quality of weather forecasting is directly attributable to Tory cuts.

Britain is world leader in knowing the cost of everything, and the value of nothing.

Which is why you carry on voting to piss away your quality of life, then belatedly moan about it and move abroad for your retirement.

Haven't you retired to France though? 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24194 on: Monday, August 22, 2016, 09:22:54 »

The Met Office has indeed lost the contract although I don't think they actually cease to provide the forecast until next Spring sometime so the present uselessness of the BBC app is entirely on their watch?

Not sure where the New Zealand idea has come from but its actually given the contract to MeteoGroup who already provide the forecasting for most commercial TV in this country and are UK based?

The Kiwis armed with some seaweed and a pine cone, were in the running until recently....I guess the Durtch got it to pique the Brexiteers. 

PS who was PM for the classic Michael Fish cock-up?
Pages: 1 ... 1610 1611 1612 [1613] 1614 1615 1616 ... 2658   Go Up
Print
Jump to: