Pages: 1 ... 1609 1610 1611 [1612] 1613 1614 1615 ... 2661   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5226743 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #24165 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 10:59:20 »

Not particularly, I've been up for a while but only just caught up on last night's discussion.

Wink

It was certainly different, it seems.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24166 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 11:25:22 »

Nil points. In the words of It's a Knockout.

I think women are wonderful, beautiful, gorgeous, interesting, enthralling and above all sexy.

But then I'm just a simple man...

Nil points is Eurovision....Royaume Uni, has got it often enough.

There's the problem for simple men....having your perspective makes you a sexist in the eyes of feminists, because you shouldn't just see women as sex objects.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #24167 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 11:29:32 »

Survival of the fittest is a false dichotomy. Evolution (by natural selection) is actually about survival of the most adaptable. Other than that, I actually generally agree with every point Alan has made. It's just you come across as such a prick sometimes it's hard to want to agree with you.

I also dislike feminism, but then I am also a massive lefty so fuck knows where I fit in.

Yeah Im pretty much in this camp too.
Flashheart

« Reply #24168 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 11:58:26 »

Modern feminism has been hijacked by fat, bitter lessers that want something that does not resemble equality in thee slightest. That's why I mentioned labels earlier.

I consider myself to be left but I avoid the label as it often associates me with people that have become so far left that they have become, somewhat ironically, intolerant and again stand for something that does not resemble equality.

Ignore
« Reply #24169 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 18:44:50 »

I've enjoyed reading the last few pages of this thread and this site needs people like talk talk to kick it up the arse.
It's gone stagnant here and this has woken the pond up a bit so bravo
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #24170 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 19:10:47 »

I've enjoyed reading the last few pages of this thread and this site needs people like talk talk to kick it up the arse.
It's gone stagnant here and this has woken the pond up a bit so bravo

Im just happy Ells took a break from the kitchen to kick it off.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24171 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 19:42:27 »

I'm looking forward to the chicks with dicks discussion being padded out.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #24172 on: Saturday, August 20, 2016, 20:18:40 »

I'm looking forward to the chicks with dicks discussion being padded out.
I was going to say I have nothing erudite to say because I'm half cut, but that would take on a whole new meaning now!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #24173 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 00:03:08 »

Had a maggot infestation in our bin earlier this week. Bin emptied Thursday morning, maggots gone. Or so I thought. Came back tonight to hundreds of the bugger le crawling around outside our house

Gonna by all the salt that co op has tomorrow, but it won't salt away the feeling that I've become the neighbourhood pikey

Things get better but they never get good
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #24174 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 07:57:21 »

I imagine everyone's bins are pretty much the same, ours was last collection.
That's what happens during hot weather and fortnightly bin collections.
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #24175 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 10:12:48 »

At the start or end of a meeting where you are dealing with new clients or colleagues, I find it normal to shake hands with the blokes in the room. I've never been totally sure of how to greet or bid farewell to women in the same circumstances.

Sometimes I go for the handshake too - but less firm and then worry they think I have a limp "wet fish" handshake. Other times, some women have gone for the cheek-kiss - but then there is confusion as to whether it should be just the one or two kisses (ie one cheek or both).

So I end up just kind of doing neither and half-waving.

What's the etiquette?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #24176 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 10:30:05 »

At the start or end of a meeting where you are dealing with new clients or colleagues, I find it normal to shake hands with the blokes in the room. I've never been totally sure of how to greet or bid farewell to women in the same circumstances.

Sometimes I go for the handshake too - but less firm and then worry they think I have a limp "wet fish" handshake. Other times, some women have gone for the cheek-kiss - but then there is confusion as to whether it should be just the one or two kisses (ie one cheek or both).

What's the etiquette?

Man, I used to have the same dilemma. It's a tricky one alright. The solution? Alcohol. Get a little bit tipsy before / during these meetings and you'll relax enough to just to what's natural without overthinking it.

Alternatively send off a stamped addressed envelope for my helpful leaflet (orderno. 00332) "Help! There are women in the workplace, what do I do?"
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #24177 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 10:33:35 »

What's the etiquette?
Kiss on one cheek with a simultaneous pat on the bum?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24178 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 10:42:07 »

What's the etiquette?

Sexual harrassment in the workplace is a bit of a nightmare, so my mantra has always been look but don't touch, even that can be problematic, I can think of one meeting where I was very hungover so staring vacantly into space, when a bird pipes up with "Reg, are you staring at my tits?"

You'd think a manly handshake would be fine, but sometimes the gays can be a bit queer.  Fem lezzers can also be difficult. 
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #24179 on: Sunday, August 21, 2016, 12:41:45 »

I was visiting a customer with a colleague years ago.
He had a prosthetic arm (the customer).
So my colleague, amazingly, went to shake his prosthetic hand, meaning this guy had to awkwardly reach across with his functional arm and do a weird back of the hand shake.

At the end of the meeting he did exactly the same thing again.
It was so David Brent-esque.
Pages: 1 ... 1609 1610 1611 [1612] 1613 1614 1615 ... 2661   Go Up
Print
Jump to: