Pages: 1 ... 3200 3201 3202 [3203] 3204 3205 3206 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9086817 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #48030 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 18:28:24 »

I still have a feeling there are going to be some surprises before the window shuts. Hopefully good ones but again maybe names weve not heard of.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 10:09:08 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #48031 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 18:32:56 »

We've been shit so far this season and he still has 2 from 5. Could've had more too.

Which equates to 18 goals a season. Which I'm sure we'd all take.

So what happens when we improve? for me, I can't see any reason he can't match or even surpass last seasons tally.

Don't forget, he didn't really get going last season until after the Bristol Rovers and FGR games.

Must keep.

I'm with this 100%

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #48032 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 18:37:26 »

Where is that pricko Berniman to mock you?

Who rattled your cage fucknuts? 

The difference between what DV posted and what you are claiming is that his actually made complete sense and yours was just some desperate ITK bollocks..

Fuck off back to the Facebook group pricko..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
DMC

« Reply #48033 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 18:38:35 »

I'm with this 100%
The Main problem I see or do foresee is if the move is of interest to the player and we refuse that move are we likely to get that version of McKirdy? If we know we will then keep at all costs but for me if he starts making noises i would cash in straight away(begrudgingly)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #48034 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 18:46:10 »

We aren’t going to do jack shit in this division without last seasons McKirdy as our talisman again.
The gamble is whether we think we’re going to get last seasons McKirdy again this season.
If we don’t think so, then he’s probably at his most valuable now. If we do think we are going to get last seasons McKirdy again we need to think about extending his contract so he’s not a freebie in the summer.

I'm sure we're *thinking* about extending his contract. I imagine he's suggesting that it would take some very large numbers. I don't think it's terribly likely that we wouldn't hand him another three years if he would accept a wage within our structure, even at the top end.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48035 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 19:12:13 »

I'm sure we're *thinking* about extending his contract. I imagine he's suggesting that it would take some very large numbers. I don't think it's terribly likely that we wouldn't hand him another three years if he would accept a wage within our structure, even at the top end.

Probably then the issues moves to January.
Do we accept any bid we get because anything in January is better than nothing in June…or…so we say McKirdy between January & May is worth more to us than any transfer fee
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #48036 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 20:18:30 »

Probably then the issues moves to January.
Do we accept any bid we get because anything in January is better than nothing in June…or…so we say McKirdy between January & May is worth more to us than any transfer fee

Quite right.  I'd be interested to know if selling our top striker during the season has ever worked for us? Shearer, Fjortoft and Fallon would all say no.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #48037 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 20:20:32 »

Quite right.  I'd be interested to know if selling our top striker during the season has ever worked for us? Shearer, Fjortoft and Fallon would all say no.

You can add Austin to that list, too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48038 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 21:25:04 »

I’m pretty certain after we got relegated in 06 - Mark Devil stated that due to lower league payments and lower attendances relegation was going to cost us about 400k.

We sold Fallon for 250k
No guarantees he would have kept us up mind
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48039 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 01:23:53 »

we haven't even been able to add to our striker tally for weeks

sell McKirdy, why do you think we'll get a striker in to replace him?

though clearly the power is with the player if a bid comes in
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #48040 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 06:56:37 »

we haven't even been able to add to our striker tally for weeks

sell McKirdy, why do you think we'll get a striker in to replace him?

though clearly the power is with the player if a bid comes in
Or better still - WHO do you think we’ll get in to replace him.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #48041 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 08:12:53 »

If Harry manages a better than 1 in 2 strike rate in the first half of the season then it might make sense to sell in January.
The offers will come in anyway.
Also allows time to identify possible replacements.

If using Jayden Stockley as a yardstick then he was sold for £750k & that should be the ballpark asking price.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #48042 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 08:25:44 »

Assuming he does stay beyond the deadline perhaps we can tempt him into signing a new contract with a sensible January release figure thereby guaranteeing we are willing to sell him if the price is right without us potentially being forced into accepting a low ball offer.  Said release fee expires once the January deadline has passed with a clause that a new figure be negotiated at season's end dependant on which division we find ourselves in. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48043 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:05:43 »

The Main problem I see or do foresee is if the move is of interest to the player and we refuse that move are we likely to get that version of McKirdy? If we know we will then keep at all costs but for me if he starts making noises i would cash in straight away(begrudgingly)
100% this mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #48044 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:14:53 »

Imagine this will put people off:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11758/12679692/harry-mckirdy-swindon-striker-charged-after-throwing-drink-over-referees-suit-during-goalless-draw-with-salford
Pages: 1 ... 3200 3201 3202 [3203] 3204 3205 3206 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: