Pages: 1 ... 3199 3200 3201 [3202] 3203 3204 3205 ... 3986   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9157549 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #48015 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 14:56:38 »

You would like to think a balance could be met some for a half decent prospect and a decent wedge to pay off debt. We also need to speculate to accumulate and not just asset stip unless of course we're in dire straits

I agree. Anyone who thought all the Twine kickback was going on buying players are sadly deluded. It would be nice but this years budget would have been forecast without any extra kick backs from transfer dealings. In a similar vein, out budget I would have thought would only include the first round of any cup run. After that it is a bonus, like the Citeh money.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48016 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 14:58:42 »

I agree. Anyone who thought all the Twine kickback was going on buying players are sadly deluded.
I doubt we have spent a penny of the Twine money on the first team TBH. Thats gone to pay off debts.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #48017 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 15:27:01 »

I doubt we have spent a penny of the Twine money on the first team TBH. Thats gone to pay off debts.

Rightly so. I know it’s an old one to carp on about but, this time last year. We do not want that again. Ever. So if bumbling about down where we are for a bit longer to steady the ship is the mantra until we are debt free then so be it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #48018 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 15:36:07 »

In my opinion we'd be hard pushed to get anyone as good as McKirdy for whatever percentage of his fee we'd able to spend on a replacement.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #48019 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 15:37:50 »

Rightly so. I know it’s an old one to carp on about but, this time last year. We do not want that again. Ever. So if bumbling about down where we are for a bit longer to steady the ship is the mantra until we are debt free then so be it.

I agree. The temptation to just splurge the money on the squad now is understandably strong, but dealing with current debts could pay huge dividends in the future. All for sorting the debt out as a priority even over the squad
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #48020 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 15:53:16 »

It's worth remembering we've spent money on transfer fees for the first summer in five years.

..never go back.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #48021 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 15:57:23 »

In my opinion we'd be hard pushed to get anyone as good as McKirdy for whatever percentage of his fee we'd able to spend on a replacement.

Maybe, we just don’t know do we? Let’s face it when he rocked up last year there wasn’t a street party to welcome him. I think looking back at the posts of the day there were no spare socks flapping about after being blown off. Roll on 12 months.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 22, 2022, 16:09:20 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48022 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 16:19:13 »

We aren’t going to do jack shit in this division without last seasons McKirdy as our talisman again.
The gamble is whether we think we’re going to get last seasons McKirdy again this season.
If we don’t think so, then he’s probably at his most valuable now. If we do think we are going to get last seasons McKirdy again we need to think about extending his contract so he’s not a freebie in the summer.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #48023 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 16:22:45 »

We've been shit so far this season and he still has 2 from 5. Could've had more too.

Which equates to 18 goals a season. Which I'm sure we'd all take.

So what happens when we improve? for me, I can't see any reason he can't match or even surpass last seasons tally.

Don't forget, he didn't really get going last season until after the Bristol Rovers and FGR games.

Must keep.

Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #48024 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 16:34:54 »

We aren’t going to do jack shit in this division without last seasons McKirdy as our talisman again.
The gamble is whether we think we’re going to get last seasons McKirdy again this season.
If we don’t think so, then he’s probably at his most valuable now. If we do think we are going to get last seasons McKirdy again we need to think about extending his contract so he’s not a freebie in the summer.

Where is that pricko Berniman to mock you?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #48025 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 17:35:13 »

Time for Di Michele to prove his worth. If McKirdy goes for £500,000 and we spend £150,000 on a replacement (or replacements) that strengthen us, that’s the model in action. It’s Di Michele’s job to be finding someone that can strengthen us at that price. Not easy, but not impossible.

If McKirdy goes and he is replaced by a loan, or an Elliot Benyon, that is a huge flaw in the model…
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #48026 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 17:38:54 »

We've been shit so far this season and he still has 2 from 5. Could've had more too.

Which equates to 18 goals a season. Which I'm sure we'd all take.

So what happens when we improve? for me, I can't see any reason he can't match or even surpass last seasons tally.

Don't forget, he didn't really get going last season until after the Bristol Rovers and FGR games.

Must keep.

I agree. It’s a tough one however you look at it and also from which side.

McKirdy’s stock value is high. If he has a belting season and we go up we may lose him anyway even to a ‘bigger’ club in L1 (contract small print).
If he has a dog shyte season as do we we could get him to sign if no one else comes in for him. However, our dog shyte season and he still has a good one will see him off as early as Jan for a reduced fee or zilch in July.

From the clubs point he is a prize asset, however, what do we need most, his £ value or his goals? From his perspective a £500 per week (possibly more) rise over a two or three year contract cannot be ignored whoever offered it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #48027 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 18:01:33 »

The answer with McKirdy is simple. Will his transfer fee still be a profit come May? Anything below £500k and there’s a real chance of a net loss come the end of the season due to the effect on the team and potential attendance drop offs as a result. He’s still the talisman and only player that looks like he will regularly score goals so selling him now and likely spending 10% on another punt when we already need another striker will likely lose us money if anything.

If there is a genuine aim of promotion this season then the next week or so will reveal that, if we cash and replace with a punt then it’ll speak volumes about the real aim.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #48028 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 18:02:00 »

I agree. It’s a tough one however you look at it and also from which side.

McKirdy’s stock value is high. If he has a belting season and we go up we may lose him anyway even to a ‘bigger’ club in L1 (contract small print).
If he has a dog shyte season as do we we could get him to sign if no one else comes in for him. However, our dog shyte season and he still has a good one will see him off as early as Jan for a reduced fee or zilch in July.

From the clubs point he is a prize asset, however, what do we need most, his £ value or his goals? From his perspective a £500 per week (possibly more) rise over a two or three year contract cannot be ignored whoever offered it.

I'd say his goals are more important. I'd rather sell Reed given the choice. I believe we can build something that still works without Reed, but without McKirdy, much tougher ask.

And that's not so say Reed isn't a very important part of this side btw. It's just finding 15-20 goal a season players is always the most difficult part.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #48029 on: Monday, August 22, 2022, 18:06:26 »

The answer with McKirdy is simple. Will his transfer fee still be a profit come May? Anything below £500k and there’s a real chance of a net loss come the end of the season due to the effect on the team and potential attendance drop offs as a result. He’s still the talisman and only player that looks like he will regularly score goals so selling him now and likely spending 10% on another punt when we already need another striker will likely lose us money if anything.

If there is a genuine aim of promotion this season then the next week or so will reveal that, if we cash and replace with a punt then it’ll speak volumes about the real aim.

Good post Clap

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Pages: 1 ... 3199 3200 3201 [3202] 3203 3204 3205 ... 3986   Go Up
Print
Jump to: