Pages: 1 ... 3201 3202 3203 [3204] 3205 3206 3207 ... 4013   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9226605 times)
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #48045 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:16:16 »

Assuming he does stay beyond the deadline perhaps we can temhttp://thetownend.com/index.phppt him into signing a new contract with a sensible January release figure thereby guaranteeing we are willing to sell him if the price is right without us potentially being forced into accepting a low ball offer.  Said release fee expires once the January deadline has passed with a clause that a new figure be negotiated at season's end dependant on which division we find ourselves in.  

This would hypothetically work but if McKirdy has a shit season and nobody comes in for him at the January release clause or the reduced end of season clause, he loses the power to run down his contract. That's Assuming in your scenario he signs a new 2 year deal with us.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #48046 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:20:43 »

Boy About Town is entitled to say I told you so, or could choose to maintain a dignified silence in smug mode.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #48047 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:22:50 »

Boy About Town is entitled to say I told you so, or could choose to maintain a dignified silence in smug mode.
It’s not quite as described though is it, he threw a bottle against a wall that smashed. People were saying he sprayed shaving foam everywhere and smashed the referees phone up. There was a bit of truth mixed with a whole load of Chinese whispers.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48048 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:22:56 »

Indeed, to a certain extent..not exactly as described but elements of the truth.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #48049 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:24:10 »

dignified silence

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #48050 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:29:33 »

Will be a 5 or 6 game ban minimum I’d imagine, ironically if this happened in amateur football the player would probably get season long ban.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48051 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:39:22 »

Will be a 5 or 6 game ban minimum I’d imagine, ironically if this happened in amateur football the player would probably get season long ban.
I was trying to find a precedent in recent years but can't find similar.

I would think between a 3 and 6 game ban will be handed out though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #48052 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:39:55 »

Agreed.

I know someone who got banned from amateur football for a season, his team had a team photo in the local paper and he was stood at the back with his manhood out for a laugh
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #48053 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:45:20 »

I was trying to find a precedent in recent years but can't find similar.

I would think between a 3 and 6 game ban will be handed out though.
To be honest it depends how the club plays the defence of the charge. It’s conceivable that McKirdy could get out of it somewhat and the club get a fine if they go down the route of saying he just threw a bottle that happened to go in the referees dressing room. I imagine the club has a duty of care to protect the referees belongings so allowing the door to be open probably breaches that.
It’ll be then on the authorities to prove he deliberately threw the bottle in the referees dressing room and if they can’t that will limit the severity for McKirdy, he’d just get some generic  charge for throwing a bottle.

Obviously this is depends whether or not they just admit the charge up front.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #48054 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:47:46 »

Indeed, to a certain extent..not exactly as described but elements of the truth.

True but the news article have likely got their information from the club who are somewhat going to bend to truth to make it seem like a bit of an accident.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #48055 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 09:49:11 »

Nobody was questioning that something might have happened, but I questioned that if he had indeed done what he stated (Trashed the refs room, covered his suit in shaving foam, then protein powder) then he would have been suspended already - which generated a response that I took umbrage to.  It's a little bit different doing what he stated which takes a bit of time and thought, to smashing a protein drink against a wall in a fit of rage.

Stated at the time that I don't really give a shit about what he was claiming to be ITK about, more about the way he went about responding to me, and he has followed that up since, so the pricko can enjoy rubbing himself off that his ITK claim was in the general postcode of being correct.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #48056 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 10:11:55 »

how could the fa prove that it was mckirdy that did it? surely the only evidence would have come from the club itself and they are hardly going to stitch up their own player. i think a youth player or coaching staff should take one for the team and say they did it  Huh?
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #48057 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 10:12:45 »

or just get joey bartons solicitors to defend him and then he will get away regardless.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #48058 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 10:15:38 »

how could the fa prove that it was mckirdy that did it? surely the only evidence would have come from the club itself and they are hardly going to stitch up their own player. i think a youth player or coaching staff should take one for the team and say they did it  Huh?

I’m ITK and I can categorically confirm it was Spartacus.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #48059 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2022, 10:26:48 »

Is it really that bad? 1-2 game is sufficient IMO
Pages: 1 ... 3201 3202 3203 [3204] 3205 3206 3207 ... 4013   Go Up
Print
Jump to: