Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Creepy Crawley Official Match Day Thread  (Read 34117 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 11:00:35 »

My first game back...

Looked v good for 20 minutes or so.

Crawley goal looked like a push (somebody confirm) but even then I wasn't too worried, refs are shit at this level and I still thought we would prove too good for them....alas.

Missed chances proved costly.

Subs were baffling....we went to rat shit and a mediocre side ran through us at will, Vigs heroics kept it decent.

Nice reality check....I'm pleased with points return thus far but pissing the league is not going to happen.... Mid table will do me this year and anything else is a cherry...IMO.

Clems Army!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 11:23:27 »

This. This is what grates me the most about them. There are other things, but that they seem to think they speak for the rest of us really gets under my skin at times.

"Swindon fans think" - I've seen sentences begin with that a few times. Fuck off. You make flags. Good flags, but they're just fucking flags and they do not make you the fans' ambassadors. Wind your fucking necks in, lads.
Like that 'refugees welcome' bollocks they tried to pedal.

Jaybox was getting upset the other week that Flitcroft didn't mention the flag display in his interview before the Exeter game. I mean come on a) he hadn't seen it yet and b) he probably had more important things on his mind like preparing for the game.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 12:12:46 »

Just looked up the tweet. So so sensitive. Bless 'em.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Flashheart

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 13:34:16 »

Like that 'refugees welcome' bollocks they tried to pedal.

Jaybox was getting upset the other week that Flitcroft didn't mention the flag display in his interview before the Exeter game. I mean come on a) he hadn't seen it yet and b) he probably had more important things on his mind like preparing for the game.

The refugees thing is what started turning me, I was defensive of Jaybox up until then. (He was already getting stick before then). I would not even have been against the flag, and would have been inclined to agree with it in principle but the sanctimonious way it was handled turned me right off.
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 13:56:23 »

The more I saw of Crawley and the football they played the more impressed I was with them and I assume that is what Kewell is about. As said elsewhere shades of what we were trying to do under Williams, getting the ball on the ground then passing their way through our inept midfield and back four. Prior to their third goal which was well worked, it was down to Vigs again to stop a lovely bit of football by them and you could see that was what they were trying to achieve.

Our reply in the main was hoofball (which was laughed at last season when opposition teams did it here) and if that is the way for us to progress I need to be convinced. Of the three home games I have seen I am not sure that getting in a load of journeymen players is going to get us out of this Division as a lack of pace and skill is all to evident.

More or less what I said to Mr Brown yesterday after the match.  Not enjoyable in the slightest.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 14:05:30 »

The refugees thing is what started turning me, I was defensive of Jaybox up until then. (He was already getting stick before then). I would not even have been against the flag, and would have been inclined to agree with it in principle but the sanctimonious way it was handled turned me right off.
A lot of it is down to an age thing, I reckon. The majority on here are of an age where a shit result/performance is met with a shrug, seen-it-all-before reaction and then think of what's for dinner and have a bit of a rant on here.

When I was their age I suppose I felt more of a feeling of ownership regarding the club but had no outlet to moan and groan about things.

Old farts v shiny new things
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 14:16:14 »

I hate flags and banners at football nearly as much as I hate drums and other musical instruments but their self-appointed ownership of 'atmosphere' makes me cringe.

However, at least they try to be positive which is something lacking in general.
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 14:26:29 »

Much more impressed McDermott today. Even Lingzani and Dunne looked marginally better. Unfortunately we had Norris of last season up front - really should have taken 1 of his 3 decent chances. Woolery unlucky not to equalise straight away. As others have said wrong decision to sub him - particularly as even sat on subs bench he contributed just as much as his replacement. Massive gaps between defence and midfield remain a big issue, allowing even a neat but limited team like Crawley 18 shots on our goal

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 14:56:16 »

A lot of it is down to an age thing, I reckon. The majority on here are of an age where a shit result/performance is met with a shrug, seen-it-all-before reaction and then think of what's for dinner and have a bit of a rant on here.

When I was their age I suppose I felt more of a feeling of ownership regarding the club but had no outlet to moan and groan about things.

Old farts v shiny new things

I admire our young fan's commitment. Can't be easy in these corporate times. So many of their contemporaries just take the lobotomised route and support Chelsea etc.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 15:55:48 »

I hate flags and banners at football nearly as much as I hate drums.....................

As I was entering the ground the Crawley "drummer" had obviously been denied entry with it as he was heading away moaning to one of his compatriots. Good move as far as I am concerned,

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 16:32:27 »

As I was entering the ground the Crawley "drummer" had obviously been denied entry with it as he was heading away moaning to one of his compatriots. Good move as far as I am concerned,
One of our fans was turned away from the DRS - because he had an umbrella!!!  had a right run-in with a "customer care" steward!!  what the fuck was he doing with an umbrella on a day like yesterday?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 17:17:51 »

that's as maybe, but it's a bit overkill for a fucking umbrella.

drums should be rejected by inserting the item into the anus at 90 degrees
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 17:59:48 »

that's as maybe, but it's a bit overkill for a fucking umbrella.

drums should be rejected by inserting the item into the anus at 90 degrees
I believe that was what the guy with the umbrella threatened to do to the steward!!  soapy tit wank
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 18:27:26 »

Made I laugh, did that. He looked about as threatening as a custard pie - albeit an angry one!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 18:50:30 »

Interestingly, we have more or less the same record as last season at the same stage, 7 points from 4 games, and are 9th. Also only 4 goals scored, but we've conceded one more this year.  Last season it was the historic shitness up front which cost.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: