Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Creepy Crawley Official Match Day Thread  (Read 33108 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 10:23:57 »

Fallon got his revenge later in the season, think we beat them 4-2 at home and Fallon shoved him into the net causing Hunter to score and own goal if I remember correctly.

And then shouted in his face.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 10:24:17 »

Hmm ok, I'm not sure how relevant that is given that it depends entirely on what order the fixtures happen to come in, but let's at least avoid panic on that score until after the Barnet game.

Either way, last time it happened we went on to get promoted  Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 10:27:43 by ferret » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 10:34:38 »

Hmm ok, I'm not sure how relevant that is given that it depends entirely on what order the fixtures happen to come in, but let's at least avoid panic on that score until after the Barnet game.

When you've just had a nasty loss, then you need to put it right next game.

If it's away then slightly less pressure, if it's at home, as is next up, the case, then the previous is still fresh in the fans' minds, even more so when it involves a mid week game.

Last season early doors we lost back to back v Bury and Rovers, it was then fairly obvious a season of strife beckoned.

At 1-0 up v Rovers, we looked to have righted the wrong of Breakspear's Bury show, only to succumb in the most hideous of fashions late on. Not acceptable, exactly as Flitters said about Crawley.

Yes we did.... however at the time it was a signifier of the disarray.  In a sense that was understandable and rapid action was taken by bringing in Sturrock.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 10:37:02 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 10:44:24 »

Decent budget, experienced manager, top 4-5 crowds - If we don't go up it's a failure. I can't get my head around people thinking that we mid-table is ok.
I agree, less than play offs would definately be a failure, but we have had to endure so much shit lately for some a mid table season would be a good season.

I still think we need 3 more signings for first team/cover in defence, midfield/wings though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 11:26:20 »

I agree, less than play offs would definately be a failure, but we have had to endure so much shit lately for some a mid table season would be a good season.

I still think we need 3 more signings for first team/cover in defence, midfield/wings though.

The shit, has been historical level shit... Power at least seems to have realised we were Conference bound, and done something to stabilise the situation. We look to have a viable Div 4 team.... then it's let's see, crowd size etc count for little.

I'd imagine Chesterfield fans, who get crowds not widely dissimilar to us, would settle for mid table right now.
Panda Paws

« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 15:51:14 »

Budget and crowd actually are more aligned with table position in L2 than most, so again, if we're not up there it's a failure.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 16:32:16 »

Budget and crowd actually are more aligned with table position in L2 than most, so again, if we're not up there it's a failure.

Not sure your assertion would stand up to much scrutiny.  Take last season for example... yes Pompey and Plymuff went up with the 2 highest average crowds, but it had taken them a good few years to do it. Luton who were 3rd in that sense, missed out.

Of the 2 relegated sides Orient were 9th on crowds, and HPool 14th. Probably of more importance is what a manager does with the budget.  I reckon if Luke had been given a PdC sized budget for this season, we wouldn't win the league. Flitcroft quite possibly.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: