Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Creepy Crawley Official Match Day Thread  (Read 33633 times)
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 10:10:22 »

Like I think RobertT said (? I apologise if it was someone else) I really doubt many footballers have the time/inclination to actually 'support' a football team, especially not in the same way a lot of us do. They might have a little soft spot, but I don't see how you can actively follow a club when you're playing for one. My guessing is for the moment Taylor is a town fan, and anyone who thinks he's a cunt for that tweet certainly isn't speaking for me as an STFC fan..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 11:55:34 »

Yep.  Even those that don't make it miss the key years for building a "relationship" with a club.  Best case scenario they retain a soft spot for their first club at youth level or a club they play for over a long period.  Beyond that, it's like me saying I am a fan of Atlanta Utd - sure I watch them now, ut if Swindon played them tomorrow I'd want Swindon to steamroller them.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 12:01:37 »

I say fair play to them for trying to get something going. I quite enjoy the flags / banners et al, looks awesome.

I was away all weekend and only saw the score. Wasn't really too surprised as its the type of game we usually lose. Were we just that shit or did Crawley have something to prove?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 12:22:28 »

I say fair play to them for trying to get something going. I quite enjoy the flags / banners et al, looks awesome.

I was away all weekend and only saw the score. Wasn't really too surprised as its the type of game we usually lose. Were we just that shit or did Crawley have something to prove?
For then first 25 mins. they looked like a bottom of the league side and we should have been at least 3 goals to the good, they made a slight tactical change after that and the longer the game went on the better they looked.  Their first goal was a bit fortuitous but they easily won the second half, more so after a couple of strange substitutions!  No complaints about the result - Vigs was named man of the match which probably tells you all you need to know!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 12:53:38 »

Could've been a different game then if we'd taken our chances?

To be honest, there has been some problems in the few opening games, if this gives us a chance to address them then could be a decent reality check (trying my best to take a positive out of a shit home defeat here!)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 13:06:00 »

Could've been a different game then if we'd taken our chances?

To be honest, there has been some problems in the few opening games, if this gives us a chance to address them then could be a decent reality check (trying my best to take a positive out of a shit home defeat here!)

If we take one of the early chances we go on to win that game by 4 or 5.

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 13:46:28 »

The problem that we create so little means we can't afford to squander 2 or 3 chances, that's what concerns me
nigel grays a postie

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 15:08:52 »

Against Exeter we were much better after a half time Flitcroft team talk. Not Saturday. Playing with 10 men + an invisible Brophy didn't help mind.

Rogers, Mayes, Shearer, Fjortoft, Cox, Austin, Ritchie. Seen em all flogged off on the cheap
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 15:21:22 »

This side is utterly impotent
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 16:15:56 »

This side is utterly impotent

Do you think we'll have enough to stay in Div 4?  HPool last season were set up as hard to beat, but a bit toothless, had 3 defeats in their first 13, but are now heading to Conference North.

I do have a niggling concern about how Flitters' tenure at Bury ended with that horrible run which more or less started after they won at the CG. I'd like to think he'll have learned soething from that... which is why Saturday is so important, really needs a convincing display.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 16:21:12 »

Huh?
Flashheart

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 16:24:11 »

Must win game!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 16:45:45 »

Must win game!

We've only ever lost back to back home games in Div 4 once, that being when Wise walked out taking Gus Poyet. Tuttle was installed as caretaker took a look at it and thought better of it.

That terribly nice chap Adi Williams stepped up as player boss for a couple of games, got in an old Reading mate Barry Hunter  to assist, it didn't help much.

Tuttle was soon bound for an unsuccessful spell at football hotbed Hartley Wintney, Adi the courts and Barry never to be seen again in a football context.

Incidentally one of the games was v DRS's mates Hereford, in some ways good they're not around, as they cause us Div 4 probs.  One of the two defeats was a consequence of an Andy Williams brace.... the last Div 4 0-3 was at their hands, not to mention the 4-1 at Edgar Street, but most bizarrely they drew 3-3 at the CG in PdC's championship season...thus scoring 3 of the 8 goals conceded at the CG, or 37.5% of the total.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 16:48:21 »

We did have Lanzani in goal though who was presumably PdC's nephew
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, August 29, 2017, 17:01:29 »

Was lanzanos debut, i remember thinking what a useless cunt he was after about 5 minutes
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: