Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread  (Read 29813 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:12:52 »

Made it very hard for ourselves by being too casual and defending too deep in the second half.  Branco was not as bad as the Chang made out, he was very nervous at the start but settled and was ok.  We played three centre halves at the back and we seemed a bit too stretched at times, Pritchard is a fucking enigma - brilliant at times but too casual and clumsy at times.  I am sure he will come good, the Barthram injury looked serious but apparently it is a pulled abdominal muscle - a few weeks apparently.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:17:59 »

Still in the toilet apparently getting the FL a sample
No shit 
DMR

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:21:02 »

Time and time and time again, Town fans judge, crucify and cast players on the scrap heap after one performance. It's happened for as long as I can remember and I don't suppose it will ever change  Roll Eyes

Fred Elliot thought Simon Cox was the biggest clown to ever wear the shirt Too Cool
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:29:22 »

Sat in DRS tonight instead of normal season ticket seat in TE, and what a bunch of moaners/happy clappers! We're 2-1 up playing keep ball and people are moaning! Jeez, if we were 1-0 down I can understand but we were controlling the game! Can't complain about the view though!

Thoughts on the changes; Bathram was very good, El Gabbas there is something to work with but not sure on Branco, so will reserve judgement until I see him more...not a right back though! Looked clumsy 1st half and some poor touches, but as I said don't think he's a RB (CB being his natural position?!) and it was his 1st game, so we'll wait & see with him!

Looking at remaining teams, if we can avoid Posh/Orient I fancy our chances to get quite far in this one! C.O.Y.R!

#VivaKenBarlow!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:34:13 »

I remember the same being said about Ward's debut at the Pox - let's give him a chance, eh

And Greer's, first time he went to head the ball he missed it completely, so will reserve judgement until I see him.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:35:48 »

And Greer's, first time he went to head the ball he missed it completely, so will reserve judgement until I see him.

You never will.  I have bolted the loft hatch
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:42:27 »

I would Imagine you've actually locked the shed, if your security is as accurate as your quoting Smiley
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:43:40 »

I would Imagine you've actually locked the shed, if your security is as accurate as your quoting Smiley

Fuck! How am I to get out now?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:45:38 »

Job done. It'll be interesting to hear more detailed accounts of how Belford, Barthram, Branco and El Gabas got on.

Belford looked OK to me. There was a cross he didn't deal with but he communicated well and looked OK. Not quite there in terms of challenging Wes, though its hard to form a judgement on him in one game.

Barthram was superb in the first half. Really got down the line well but was in acres of space and Plymouth were too dozy to work it out. Was on for my MOM before injury.

Branco didn't really bring the Brazilian flare, poor passing and looked nervous. Did get better as the game went on, looked handy in the air. But needs to improve a hell of a lot. I'm not writing him off, just calling as I saw.

El Gabas. Erm, this is a failing on my part but I can't really remember making a mental note of him doing anything, good or bad. Ajose looked the more threatening.

But what I will say is for 68 of the first 70 minutes Plymouth were gash. We looked like we could open them up whenever we attacked and should have been comfortably in the lead come half time. The woodwork denied us a more deserving cushion. Plymouth looked like they couldn't cope.

I quite enjoyed the first 70 minutes as unlike Saturday our passing looked like it had purpose.

However, maybe coincidentally, maybe not, after the substitutions we became a bit ragged. Obviously this coincided with Plymouth having a bit of a push forward. Our system of a back 3 suddenly looked like it could be stretched quite easily and Plymouth were getting a lot of joy down their left wing (our right). There were a couple of scares as they nearly but not quiet fashioned an undeserved equaliser.

The game grew quite frustrating from our point of view with missplaced passes and a frustrating lack of creativity. Thankfully their number two had a bit of a moan at the ref and so we (us in our seats) spent the rest of the match taking the piss out of him - the pinnacle was when he got 'megged'.

Anyway quite enjoyable (mostly). The two things I took from the game were

1. We need to kill teams off when they are there for the taking. We will lose points/games if we don't

2. The tossy advertising boards were turned up to 100% brightness for the first 10 minutes. The 'white' background adds were so bright the players and ball were hard to pick out when in front of them. Moaning at Jed on Twitter did the trick, they got turned down and all was well Smiley
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:49:51 »

Didn't really enjoy it....I suppose if the post or bar blasters had gone in we could of won handsomely....as it was we were hanging on.

Plymuff were pish but they kept going and at least they tried unlike Tranmere.

Branco wasn't great and the keeper nearly took off once as he flapped so much....I'm not saying they are shit and always will be but I paid my ten fucking quid so I can give my view....

Both goals were great.

Over elaborated in the final third...

Cooper come across a right cunt in the interviews IMO....and that's when we win...

Please don't refer to the match as 'an exercise' some of us actually turned up and paid good money tonight....

Anyway we are in the hat....nice trip to Newport would be good!

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 21:54:51 »

Cooper come across a right cunt in the interviews IMO....and that's when we win...

Is he pissed off or something? He sounded a bit defensive and unwilling to talk, but as far as I know the fans aren't on his back or criticising him - it would be more understandable if they were.

He wasn't like this at the start of the season so Huh?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:03:15 »

Is he pissed off or something? He sounded a bit defensive and unwilling to talk, but as far as I know the fans aren't on his back or criticising him - it would be more understandable if they were.

He wasn't like this at the start of the season so Huh?

This.....

Fans at home have a right to know how you feel...

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:04:16 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Cooper is tired of hearing the fans bitch, whine and moan because we're not hoofing it up to the strikers or shooting as soon as we're within range. I noticed he didn't move from the dugout today and apparently he was the same on Saturday - Williams doing all of the ranting and shouting on the touchline. I agree that he sounded cagey after the game but 'cunt' is way over the top.

The game was uninspiring but job done. At times we looked very threatening, other times we looked limp and content to pass it around without any killer instinct. I can understand people's frustrations but fans shouting FORWARD and SHOOT at random and then moaning and groaning isn't conducive to supporting a young team in my opinion.

El Gabas looked pretty good but ran out of steam quite suddenly. Similar type of player to Ajose.
Branco looked worryingly awful but steadily improved, still looks a long way off the standard we need for backup if Ward or Hall are injured.
Belford had little to do, apparently the shot for the goal took a deflection. I doubt he'll make another appearance this season.
Barthram was impressive although didn't really have to worry too much about defending.

Hall was my MOTM if only for the Hoddlesque through ball for the goal.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:05:32 »

COOPER ON THE ILL WES FODERINGHAM

Wes has got diarrhoea and he would have given Usain Bolt a run for his money this morning. Hopefully it's just a 24-48 hour bug.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Tuesday, October 8, 2013, 22:11:26 »

Marvellous stuff, laxatives.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: