Pages: 1 ... 1762 1763 1764 [1765] 1766 1767 1768 ... 2657   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5158089 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #26460 on: Wednesday, September 6, 2017, 23:53:08 »

Foot thumb

Things get better but they never get good
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #26461 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 05:51:57 »

If you have freaky toes and your 'big toe' isn't the longest. What do you call it ? Fake big toe? Not big toe?

🙂 It would still be the biggest toe by area, wouldn't it?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26462 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 08:53:59 »

The boiler packing up and plumbers not calling back....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #26463 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 09:02:57 »

Having my operation tomorrow cancelled by the BRI the day before I go in, 5th time this op has been cancelled now, I know its only the first of 6 cancer tidy up jobs not THAT important but it is fucking frustrating.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26464 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 09:52:11 »

Having my operation tomorrow cancelled by the BRI the day before I go in, 5th time this op has been cancelled now, I know its only the first of 6 cancer tidy up jobs not THAT important but it is fucking frustrating.

Sad

Hope they get their act together soon
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26465 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 10:06:16 »

Sad

Hope they get their act together soon
Ditto. Best of, JJ
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26466 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 10:39:19 »

If you have freaky toes and your 'big toe' isn't the longest. What do you call it ? Fake big toe? Not big toe?

Shorto
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #26467 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 11:51:37 »

I call mine Clive.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #26468 on: Thursday, September 7, 2017, 12:09:13 »

The wife was referred by the dentist to have an x-ray at the hospital, routine thing as she cannot have the one in the dentists surgery as her gag reflex is too sensitive for the thing they put in her mouth (insert gag here!)

Anyway just told to pop into the hospital and have it done before the next check up in 6 months time. No worries, we have been away on holiday and knowing it can be a bit odd she rang the X-ray unit at the RLI start of this week and they said, yes just pop in with the letter.

So she has traipsed through to Lancaster on the train this morning to have it done, to be informed that the referrals only last 6 weeks (no mention of this on the letter nor mentioned by the dentist or the X-ray place when she rang them) and thus it cannot be done without her getting another letter. Its fairly trivial as she got her eyes tested this morning anyway so not an entirely wasted journey, but bloody hell....
Barry Scott

« Reply #26469 on: Friday, September 8, 2017, 15:18:58 »

I had an offer accepted on a house on Jan 21st, we completed on May 12th, despite there being no chain and were still not living in it. Mainly due to the plumber being more laid back than a 60s stoner.

The house was built in 1835 and so far we've been on planning for 12 weeks, because of a fucking tree that the council has a msssive hard-on for.

It's also considered part of a conservation area so they're arse fucking us over the way it looks when the surrounding area is puke.

On a positive note the electrician ran cat6 into every room (and coax where required) while he completely rewired.

Old houses are cunts.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #26470 on: Friday, September 8, 2017, 16:06:21 »

I've just moved in to a listed place... built in 1878, converted to a bunch of townhouses 7 or 8 years ago, so no issues with interiors... but my God, wooden single-glazed sash windows keep out absolutely no noise. I'm dreading how cold they'll be.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26471 on: Friday, September 8, 2017, 16:14:05 »

They are woeful, our previous flat was dreadful
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #26472 on: Friday, September 8, 2017, 16:20:19 »

I had an offer accepted on a house on Jan 21st, we completed on May 12th, despite there being no chain and were still not living in it. Mainly due to the plumber being more laid back than a 60s stoner.

The house was built in 1835 and so far we've been on planning for 12 weeks, because of a fucking tree that the council has a msssive hard-on for.

It's also considered part of a conservation area so they're arse fucking us over the way it looks when the surrounding area is puke.

On a positive note the electrician ran cat6 into every room (and coax where required) while he completely rewired.

Old houses are cunts.

I've just moved in to a listed place... built in 1878, converted to a bunch of townhouses 7 or 8 years ago, so no issues with interiors... but my God, wooden single-glazed sash windows keep out absolutely no noise. I'm dreading how cold they'll be.

If only you knew a good heritage planning consultant.......  Wink Wink

If its in Swindon the Council are a pain in the arse regarding such matters as I am discovering at the moment.

Seriously though if you do want some advice drop me a PM! 
Barry Scott

« Reply #26473 on: Friday, September 8, 2017, 16:51:46 »

Ours isn't even listed, it's crazy. The area is considered part of a "conservation area" and it's a normal enough terrace house with a neighbour a few doors down who's turned their bigger house into flats with a shit extension. It's frustrating.

We were kind of lucky with windows as its double glazed. The dopey old bat who owned it previously though screwed picture hooks into most of the frames to hang net curtains from, which has ruined loads. They're not leaky and cold though, just with many damaged or blown.

If only you knew a good heritage planning consultant.......  Wink Wink

If its in Swindon the Council are a pain in the arse regarding such matters as I am discovering at the moment.

Seriously though if you do want some advice drop me a PM!  

Very kind of you, thanks, but mine's oop north.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #26474 on: Friday, September 8, 2017, 17:00:36 »

Ours isn't even listed, it's crazy. The area is considered part of a "conservation area" and it's a normal enough terrace house with a neighbour a few doors down who's turned their bigger house into flats with a shit extension. It's frustrating.

We were kind of lucky with windows as its double glazed. The dopey old bat who owned it previously though screwed picture hooks into most of the frames to hang net curtains from, which has ruined loads. They're not leaky and cold though, just with many damaged or blown.

Very kind of you, thanks, but mine's oop north.

So am I, Wherebouts?
Pages: 1 ... 1762 1763 1764 [1765] 1766 1767 1768 ... 2657   Go Up
Print
Jump to: