Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: School Teachers, The Good The Bad And The Down Right Nasty Fuckers.  (Read 17700 times)
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:45:42 »

Oooh, a few ex-Braden on here then. At least no-one has mentioned my mum yet.....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 14:05:19 »

Oooh, a few ex-Braden on here then. At least no-one has mentioned my mum yet.....

Go on, who is it...
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 14:22:27 »

I wouldnt want to pre-empt any comment on her, mind you I doubt if all you intelligent people on here were ever taught by her....
kerry red

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 15:19:52 »

Yeah, my ex-wife teaches at Commonweal - surprised nobody has mentioned a fire-breathing dragon yet
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 15:57:28 »

Maybe because they've all been eaten?
ExiledEric

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 17:14:50 »

Mr Ayers - chemistry teacher, about 7 feet tall, again pretty tough, but a really good laugh and every single person in the class breezed through their O level - no mean feat for Park School.  Sadly he died a few years after I left.

Les Ayers was an absolute top bloke and one of my best mates. I don't doubt he was a great teacher too. His height was caused by something called Marplan Syndrome, ironically the chromazone (sp?) error has now been identified. He had a wicked sense of humor - when he was about to have an op where 1 in 4 don't make it, he could still make a joke about it.

He was a big Town fan too and would have been a major contributor to the TEF had he lived, I feel sure. Fortunately he saw the '69 Wembley win, we went up on one of the trains. I've said it before, when we had that 32k record attendance (Leeds?) we stood on the Shrivvy terrace as usual. The bloke behind said '32,000 people to choose from and you have to stand in front of me'. He was actually 6 ft 8 ins and a bit.

He was one of those teachers who was strict but funny at the same time.  I remember hearing of some of the comments on mates' school reports.  "The sooner xxxxx realises that he is not god's gift to chemistry, the more chance there is he might actually pass his A level" and "zzzzz does have some good qualities, but then again, no doubt the same was said about Atilla the Hun".  A great guy and I hope that I'm remembered as fondly 30 odd years after I've passed away.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 17:55:42 »

Braden Forest.
Tewson would pick you out of your seat using the hair in front of your ears.
Hart hit you with a sword. He was a real prick. God help you if the visiting dentist gave you a filling during his lesson.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 18:17:15 »

Hreod Parkway (When I was there). Nobody that bad, some who were very shit teachers but decent people. All the PE teachers were a laugh, they tended to strike the best balance between 'banter' and respect.

9/11 happened in my first week there, and my tutor went on a massive rant, blaming us for it at some points. She was a white science teacher from middle england who, looking back, i'm fairly certain had depression and a pill problem.

My mate lives next door to my old design tech teacher now. Nice man, knew his subject back to front but couldn't control a class of teenagers to save his life.

Things get better but they never get good
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 18:25:41 »

I've always thought Hreod is a typo
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 18:36:57 »

My History teacher for 'O' level was a Spurs fan, and he told us he would give us a lift to the game if we got him a ticket for the Spurs FA Cup game in 1980.   I remember that it all kicked off in the Town end before the game & he just stood there reading his program with scrapping going on all around him Smiley

I also remember seeing our Chemistry teacher fairly regularly at the CG for games, he just ignored us when we shouted at him.

As for Corporal punishment, anything was fair game when I was at school, the can, a fucking huge dap with ouch written in biro on the bottom. But the worst was the metal ruler across the knuckles.

I do remember one of the teachers got a bit of a kicking on day, after going too far with one of the younger lads, only to find he had several older brothers who dealt a bit of revenge
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 18:45:40 »

I've always thought Hreod is a typo

You thought wrong bitch

Things get better but they never get good
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 19:04:11 »

I went to Matravers in Westbury (1995-2000). Despite having to wear light blue ties covered with itty-bitty letter M's, all was fine.

Among the many good memories I have of my time there includes a teacher (Mr. Allison I think) calling a troublesome classmate 'a bag of shit with a ribbon tied around'. She did not and could not argue with that statement.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 19:38:47 »

I went to George Ward in Melksham (97-02). Closed now, although they opened a brand new school across town called Melksham Oak.

Mr Wallace taught me IT, Canadian and about 6"7, he was a good bloke, good laugh. Has also taught my younger brother and hasn't changed much from what I can gather.

Miss Hall my Geography teacher was pretty cool, caught me taking a swing at a classmate once (I missed - swinging for people wasn't something I made a habit of!) and basically let me off.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 21:42:24 »

Back on Bradon, Mr Booy was mentioned- he was indeed a brilliant supply.

A lot of the best teachers there were getting on for retirement- Mr Scott, Mr Kirkland etc. so wouldn't surprise me if it's all a bit shit now.

One for Tails though possibly- remember Miss Miller the art teacher? Unusually fit (and not just fit for a teacher, properly) and fond of low cut tops. Sadly, she left after my first year, I suspect I may have taken more interest in art if she'd stayed...
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 22:18:12 »

He was one of those teachers who was strict but funny at the same time.  I remember hearing of some of the comments on mates' school reports.  "The sooner xxxxx realises that he is not god's gift to chemistry, the more chance there is he might actually pass his A level" and "zzzzz does have some good qualities, but then again, no doubt the same was said about Atilla the Hun".  A great guy and I hope that I'm remembered as fondly 30 odd years after I've passed away.

ExiledEric, Les Ayers had a hidden talent in that he could write gags based on experiences - he actually co-wrote a book (unpublished) with a fellow teacher at Park who you might know, Dave Churchill, who was another great guy. in fact the ones I knew socially were all decent drinking, sociable, genuine people who had the kids interests at heart despite having to put up with Coggin etc. They were appalled at the fact the careers guy could keep a job there despite being absolutely useless. Can't recall his name.

Final anecdote about Les. One Christmas morning he knocked on our front door and just said 'guess what I had for Christmas?'

He was wearing 3 neatly knotted ties around his neck.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: