Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: School Teachers, The Good The Bad And The Down Right Nasty Fuckers.  (Read 17770 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 09:54:37 »

What was the bloke drama teacher called? Calder? He was there donkeys when I joined and absolutely raving mad.

Does anyone know what happened to the history teacher Mr Booy?

Yeah, Calder was a bit a wacky.

Mr Booy still lives in Purton. He must be getting on a bit now. I'll bet you can still hear the words "Now, write this down.." in his voice.
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 09:57:31 »

Mr Booy still lives in Purton. He must be getting on a bit now. I'll bet you can still hear the words "Now, write this down.." in his voice.

He looked about 80 odd when I was there. I'm guessing time wasn't very kind to him, either that or he's pushing 100 now!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 10:47:24 »

I went to Headlands from 94 - 99 and Shaun Williamson was the best teacher anyone could hope to have. He instiled in me a life-long love of science, computing and Star Trek and has probably had the biggest influence on my life of anyone outside my family.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 10:56:38 »

He must be on his last legs.

I used to love that guy, whenever he walked in as a supply teacher you knew you were in for the easiest hour of your life. I felt a bit sorry for him at times as the guy just couldn't control anyone.

Old teachers had funny methods, in one Science lesson Mr Swanston made half the class drink about 3 cans of redbull to show the effects caffeine can have. I'm pretty sure most of us suffered from palpations for the rest of the day!
kerry red

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 11:13:27 »

Was at Chippenham School in the early 70s and had a maths (yes, it's got an S for any yanks reading) teacher called Dan Maskell.

He pulled me up by my sideburns and it was so painful I had to knock his hand away - he then proceeded to punch me in the mouth splitting my lip.

Got the fucker back though. If anyone knows Chippenham School it stands atop a fairly steep hill and Maskell always cycled to and from school. So I removed his brake blocks and watched the twat career down the hill gaining speed all the way.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, he managed to stay on his bike.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 11:15:40 »

I didn't have many, if any, horrible teachers. I had one teacher who was terrifying and had a terrible reputation but in hindsight he was just a dour Welshman whose reputation alone scared us all witless.

I did have some excellent teachers but I can't remember any names and I never went to school in Swindon.

Just out of interest where did you go to school as I went to one in Oxfordshire and we had a welshman that everyone was terrified of...

On a similar basis when I was at primary school we had a teacher that used to smack your hand with a ruler if you were bad, she terrified me.

Then ran into her at Carterton Market (living the dream) when I was in my early 20's and she barely came up to my waist in height - amazing to look back and think how scared I was of her when I was a kid.
thompske

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 11:42:43 »

Went to school in Somerset. A school called Sexey's which is another story! We had an insane Welsh sports master who always stood at the end of the communal showers imploring us boys to "wash our privates" I kid you not!! Doh

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 11:45:11 »

Good read this thread and one that's making me feel a bit younger again due to all the oldies posting in it.
I was at school as hitting kids was being fazed out and it was long gone by the time I went to secondary school.

The majority of my primary school years were spent at Pinehurst. The infants and juniors were 2 seperate schools. I remember kids being grabbed by their ears in the infants and also by the scruffs of their necks by a teachers. The main punishment was for children to stand in the corner of the classroom with their hands on their head. I remember having this punishment for mistaken identity when i was about 7. Only time i had it. Sticks in the memory though.

Kids were smacked on the stage by the head teacher of the junior school Mr Thomas and his deputy Mr Webber. Both quite scary men for young kids. Only saw that done once and that was at the start of my time there.That punishment stopped and i was never hit by a teacher ever.
Greendown was a blast and we drove teachers to tears and often new careers. My results were shit mind.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 12:01:27 »

There was a really high turnaround of teachers at Greendown. Seemed to settle down once they stopped mixed-gender classes.

The place is totally different now, still expect it to look how it was when I occasionally go to vote there.
kerry red

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 12:11:19 »

We also had a teacher nicknamed 'Fitter' Freeman

On more than one occasion he was seen in the boys toilets banging his head against the wall fairly violently.

It turned out he had been in a Japanese PoW camp during the war.

Always think of him when seeing Seymour Skinner on the Simpsons
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 12:12:31 »

School was fine. They got rid of the cane when I was about 14ish. The PE teacher used to have one of those old black daps, if required.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 12:34:10 »

Went to school in Somerset. A school called Sexey's which is another story! We had an insane Welsh sports master who always stood at the end of the communal showers imploring us boys to "wash our privates" I kid you not!! Doh

Sexey's is still there. We got a load of girls from there come to our sixth form and I can tell you it's quite fittingly named...

Plenty of red-trouser brigade there mind. Always remember playing them in Cricket once - we disembarked from our rusty, breaking schoolbus in a mismatch of cricket whites, bats, grotty old kitbags etc., and they were all had their brand spanking new, expensive kit on, and laughed at us. Our teacher actually took us to one side and told us to "Wipe the smug toff smiles off their bloody faces", which we happily did.

I had one particular harrion called mrs Dawson at middle school. We had a major falling out when I was in year 8- both my tutor and the headmaster were on my side, and I never had to go to one of her classes again. Result.

thompske

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:00:48 »

Glad someone else knows of it. Most believe I made it up! Loved it when it became the middle school and to reduced the smutty innuendo they rebadged it and made the kids wear sweatshirts with " Hugh sexey school" in large letters across the front. However special mention to the sadist who decided us grammar school kids must wait for the bus outside the gates of the secondary school. We had to wear blazers etc .need I say more? Sad

I also hate predictive text!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:03:17 by thompske » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:05:49 »

I drive past Sexeys regularly and always chuckle to myself.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 13:11:09 »

Just out of interest where did you go to school as I went to one in Oxfordshire and we had a welshman that everyone was terrified of...
Mr Evans? Taught Geography?

This is the best schoolname...

www.hornimanprimary.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: