Pages: 1 ... 2634 2635 2636 [2637] 2638 2639 2640 ... 3980   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9073521 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39540 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 04:46:28 »

I can’t think of 2 more un-Wellens type players than Nelson and Ferrier.

Nelson, for all his admirable qualities, is most definitely not the comfortable on the ball CB that Wellens requires.

Ferrier is in the category of poor scoring ratio ex non league players. Can’t see we need Norwood, either. Too similar to Pitman.

Next!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #39541 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 07:13:01 »

Nelson far from excites me, he was okay when he was here but we were awful at the time. Plus Tranmere fans only see him as 3rd or 4th choice CB for them in L2.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #39542 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 07:24:20 »

Fair enough, still seems a bit odd we have two signings apparently delayed until the same couple of days in Sept, just curious if anyone knew why that might be
As noted previously it's my mum's birthday.

Seriously though, I wonder whether it's something to do with something like  pay day maybe (years back I got paid on or around the 20th of the month, no idea if that's still a thing), or in Donohue's could be related to the unreported outcome of his sentencing?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39543 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 07:35:22 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

Nelson, for all his admirable qualities, is most definitely not the comfortable on the ball CB that Wellens requires.

I like Sid, but he's a bit Broadbent, though obviously Broadbent is injured and whatever.

whoever we bring in is likely to be as backup though aren't they? Though the Baudry/Fryers injury record is obviously not good.

if odimayo can put a performance in like Saturday I'm even less worried
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #39544 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 07:54:21 »

Odimayo looks to me like Scott cuthbert. Played alongside Greer was fantastic, without him a liability.

I’m more than happy with the squad. If Donohue comes in poor rob hunt will miss out.

I think Tyler and pitman have the front covered and we have enough creative players too.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39545 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 08:05:43 »

^^^ good analogy ^^^

do you think it will be hunt that misses out, or will he be moved to RB to replace caddis? incredibly harsh on whoever gets dropped. no guarantees it won't be Donohue missing out I suppose.

I think if like one more forward that offered something different/in case of injury
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #39546 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 08:08:44 »

I’m more than happy with the squad. If Donohue comes in poor rob hunt will miss out.

Having three quality full-backs would be a great position to be in. I actually think Hunt would still get the most game time of the three, in part due to him being so comfortable either side.
Flashheart

« Reply #39547 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 08:21:35 »

We'd be a bit short without Donohue I reckon. If one gets injured, we're left with Iandolo who's not really a fullback, and Fryers, who's nearly always injured himself.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39548 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 09:17:11 »

As noted previously it's my mum's birthday.

Seriously though, I wonder whether it's something to do with something like  pay day maybe (years back I got paid on or around the 20th of the month, no idea if that's still a thing), or in Donohue's could be related to the unreported outcome of his sentencing?
I suspect you're right on Donohue and the Jordan Stevens thing falling around the same time is just coincidence. For the record, and in the interests of full disclosure, it is also my Mum's birthday that weekend, but I am confident she is in no way connected to any of our transfer dealings.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #39549 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 09:28:30 »

I suspect you're right on Donohue and the Jordan Stevens thing falling around the same time is just coincidence. For the record, and in the interests of full disclosure, it is also my Mum's birthday that weekend, but I am confident she is in no way connected to any of our transfer dealings.

brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #39550 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 09:32:23 »

Not sure that Fryers is nearly always injured, he played 25 games last season and certainly needs managing sensibly to get as many games as possible from him. Wellens did say on TOTT a couple of weeks ago that he wanted extra bodies in because of the Saturday,Tuesday run of games. I don’t think Nelson fits the style that we play now so can’t see us being interested imo
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39551 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 10:28:42 »

No way would Hunt get dropped. I think he played every minute of every game last season.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #39552 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 10:35:14 »

Having 2 games a week generally throughout the season there will be plenty of rotation going on, it might not be obviously what the first choice starting XI even is
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #39553 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 10:44:35 »

I can’t think of 2 more un-Wellens type players than Nelson and Ferrier.

Ferrier is in the category of poor scoring ratio ex non league players. Can’t see we need Norwood, either. Too similar to Pitman.

Next!
Agree, Nelson would be an awful signing on the face of it. Our way of playing relies on 11 players that are good with their feet. What's the point in having a ball playing keeper if he can't really pass to one of the centre backs or they just lump it up the field all the time, we've seen how out of place that type of player is, just look at Zakuani and to a lesser extent Broadbent last season. Any defender we sign will be prioritised on ability to bring the ball out from the back over actual defending ability IMO, if we were trying to find players good at both their wouldn't be a chance of them playing at this level.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #39554 on: Monday, September 14, 2020, 11:01:18 »

For the record, and in the interests of full disclosure, it is also my Mum's birthday that weekend, but I am confident she is in no way connected to any of our transfer dealings.

Also for the record etc. and to avoid any misconception I am neither Horlock's Mum nor pauld's Mum.
Pages: 1 ... 2634 2635 2636 [2637] 2638 2639 2640 ... 3980   Go Up
Print
Jump to: