Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Huddersfield Matchday Thread  (Read 25555 times)
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 11:03:55 »

Quote from: "deltaincline"
Quote from: "DV"
Quote from: "deltaincline"

Oh, and Moses was injured I think. Why the fuck else would he clap the crowd as he walked off, having been subbed as a sub??

to waste as much time as possible.....

OK, if Malpas has already got the squad so well organised that he can sub-a-sub, then get him to walk off very slowly, clapping the crowd whilst feigning injury, all in an effort to waste as much time as possible during a knife-edge match........ I'm seriously fucking impressed!

Lots of good timewasting last night, but my favourite was Miguel's throw in that didn't actually enter the field of play so he had to take it again. Everything about that lad is class.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 11:15:56 »

I just like to say well done to Malpas  last night.  I know people like Cox but he made the right choice at the time to keep the ball winner upfront, he also, probably by luck, found out the issue with the team.  If Zaaboub can be used as a left back then him and the Minge at full backs would make the Easton project work I think.  How many times in that first half did we end up with two players attacking the back post coming in fof the wing?  it was a great thing to see.  I liked our shape first half and can;t fault the players work rate last night, other than Moses who I felt just didn't work out how to play.  Once down to 9 he had to just run his bollocks off but he seemed to try and stay in the middle to occupy 2 defenders, like you would with 10.

Could have been 5 up by half time.

I like the look of Allen, offers way more on the ball than Pook and I can see why Easton has been the one to move a little wider as Malpas clearly wants some passing options in the middle.  I'm concerned that his shorts are bit too big for him though, surely we can get him some kids ones?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 11:45:32 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Been a while since we have had a penalty for or against us though.

Cheesy

And we go and get 2 of the buggers against us.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 11:54:00 »

Nice to see Allen have a go from 25 yards to bring a good save by the keeper.  Also decent corners fizzed in, not like the floaters Roberts delivers.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 12:03:46 »

I forgot about Allens shot actually.  That was a cracking effort!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 12:08:14 »

How many shots on target did we have last night, excluding the goals?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 12:09:46 »

Quote from: "janaage"
How many shots on target did we have last night, excluding the goals?

Have a look at this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/live_text/5286764.stm
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 12:11:52 »

Cheers for the info, 3 other shots on target, not bad, complete change from the leeds match though!!
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 12:32:51 »

Axs, I believe its a 'carnival of cunts'.

Ref was a cunt, have never cheered so much for a decision given our way. I hope Moses was injured.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 12:44:25 »

Moses wasn't injured, just unfit, he was blowing out of his arse within 5 mins of being on the pitch.  Funniest sub ever!
neville w

« Reply #295 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 12:58:35 »

If he really wasn't injured, he shouldn't darken our doors again. Say what you like about Sturrock (B) there would have been a damn sight more chasing down if he'd been available on the bench.

Any ideas when sick note is ready again ? (that's the striking sicknote, as opposed to the defensive one)
neville w

« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 13:04:06 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "DV"
Phil Smith - 4 - thought he was poor punched way to much and dropped some right in the area luckily at Jerel or Aljofree's feer most of time. Kicking was well off, althrough from back passes you could see it bobbling. Completely at fault for the 2nd goal, came miles and didnt punch it. Brez back please!

And as I said earlier he pulled off at least two point-blank saves to keep us in it when down to 9 men. He's having a shaky time since being brought back in, obviously low on confidence so maybe some praise for what he did right to balance out the slating for what he got wrong might help. He was a damn good keeper last season, he hasn't lost that but if people keep getting on his back all the time, we'll wreck him.

Problem is though Paul not only did he cost us a goal last night he ended up costing us a player for 2 (maybe more) games as Paynter got sent off trying to bail him out after he completely messed up on their second goal. At the moment he is just not good enough unfortunately and as such shouldn't be in the starting line up. That moment in the second half where he ran to pick up the ball and ended up dropping it behind him could have been a disaster...........I just don't see how he can get the nod over Brez at the moment as he's had his chance and just not looked up to it.

By the same token,  Brezovan "completely messed up" on Northamptons equaliser recently, and has been even flappier than Smith on crosses. Add to that the fact that his positioning for Forest's winner was seriously questionable (thereby costing us 3 points over two games) and you have at least as compelling an argument for Smith retaining his place.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 13:07:24 »

Is there an issue with the goalkeeping coach? (ie not being very good?)

Neither keeper is playing especially well of late :|
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 13:11:10 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Is there an issue with the goalkeeping coach? (ie not being very good?)

Neither keeper is playing especially well of late :|

No, the keepers just look nervous after long spells out
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, March 5, 2008, 13:14:24 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Moses wasn't injured, just unfit, he was blowing out of his arse within 5 mins of being on the pitch.  Funniest sub ever!

SERIOUSLY? I thought he may of been ill or something???
oh my life Im bloody fitter than him!  Shocked  - he was bent over our of breath after like 2 seconds
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: