Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Huddersfield Matchday Thread  (Read 25815 times)
DMR

« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:03:00 »

I'm dead pleased Peacock's banned 'cos it might mean our best midfielder reverts to where he should be playing  Shocked
sonic youth

« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:04:40 »

PENALTY!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:05:17 »

Quote from: "DMR"
I'm dead pleased Peacock's banned 'cos it might mean our best midfielder reverts to where he should be playing  Shocked

Pook?
DMR

« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:05:50 »

Youknowsit
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:06:00 »

Quote from: "chalkies_shorts"
Peacs looked good until his sending off. From where I was I thuoght it was a yellow but some other lads said he went well over the top and deserved it.

I had a pretty good view - he was late and over the top but a red looked harsh, but definite yellow. Although if you're late and over the top you're always risking red.
sonic youth

« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:09:31 »

in that case cuntybollocks should have gone for that studs up challenge on phil smith.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:09:32 »

Quote from: "pauld"
Quote from: "chalkies_shorts"
Peacs looked good until his sending off. From where I was I thuoght it was a yellow but some other lads said he went well over the top and deserved it.

I had a pretty good view - he was late and over the top but a red looked harsh, but definite yellow. Although if you're late and over the top you're always risking red.

...Especially with that ref.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:11:21 »

Right here we go.

Phil Smith - 4 - thought he was poor punched way to much and dropped some right in the area luckily at Jerel or Aljofree's feer most of time. Kicking was well off, althrough from back passes you could see it bobbling. Completely at fault for the 2nd goal, came miles and didnt punch it. Brez back please!

Jack Smith - 6 - Not the most solid he has ever been but considering he hasnt played first team football in a very long time I thought he was very good

Jerel Ifil - 6 - Not his best game, looks a shadow of the early season Beast....

Aljofree - 6 - the usual from him I guess.

Comminges - 6 - Not his best game and some un-miguel like errors but was still pretty good. More comfortable on the right though!

Easton - 6 - Worked his bollocks off and got a couple of goals

Allen - 6 - Thought he did well, passing was pretty thoughful sometimes it came off sometimes it didnt. Was pretty impressed he lasted the full 90....he was still chasing everything down in the last minutes

Peacock - 6 - Challenge was a bit reckless and un-needed.....always going for the ball. Thought both men went in studs showing for the ball. Different was Peacock got up and carried on and Kamara when down like he'd broken his leg (he's not as hard as his old man!) Ref didnt even talk to the linesman (did he?) who would have had the best view

McNamee - 7 - Tore Sinclair apart when he good, great skill and alot of very good crosses. Looked dangerous and was everything Roberts wasnt on Saturday.

Cox - 6 - Pretty poor by his standards and was the obvious sacrifice when we went down to 10. Should have scored, lacking a bit of confidence I think. Linked up well with Paynter

Paynter - FUCKING IDIOT - Got himself sent off for no real fucking reason, maybe us go down to 9 men and will miss two games for us as well. Total fucking idiot that wasnt needed at all.

I was pleased with the way we held on and battled, particular Easton and Allen in the middle.

After the second I always thought Huddersfield had a 3rd in them. thought Booth header was in all the way till Smith tipped it over.

First half was all us, could have at least 2 more goals.....40 minutes gone and the contest seemed to be over.

Penalty given for (Huh?) couldnt even see it, so someone who sat in the town end help me out here? and its 3-1.

Second half they come out and put a bit of pressure on us. Game looks pretty safe....then sendings off and and a nervous 10 minutes.

The ref was fucking awful, how many times to the defenders pull Paynters shirt, or push him in the back or climb all over him and he gets NOTHING for it. Yet the second Ifil touches their strikers its a free kick.

Not sure what the first penalty was for.....but I thought he was fucking awful even before the red cards and I hope he gets his P45 in the morning.
neville w

« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:14:52 »

A word for Smith - yes he looked shakey and I had my heart in my mouth a couple of times. But he also pulled off at least two point-blank saves that kept us in it when down to 9 men. So instead of saying what he DID do with those saves, there's people (not really on here but texting in to radio and doubtless on thisis) having a go for what he MIGHT have done. Hell's teeth, he's obviously low on confidence but it seems some people are determined to break the lad.

That's ridiculous Paul.  If Brezovan had been playing, not only would he have saved both penalties, but he would have turned back time so that Peacock missed the over the top lunge (looked like red from the Arkells) Wink

I can't believe people's reaction to Malpas at the moment. The bloke stands no chance. Some pillock in the Arkells wanted our physio to "stamp on Smith's head" when he went down injured. I enjoyed pointing out Smith's save in the second half in  a "Brezovan wouldn't have saved that" way
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:17:09 »

Malpas reckons the penalty was against Comminges, which is even more bizarre than for the fair challenge Peacock put in.
sonic youth

« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:17:13 »

we have a lot of fans who are, how can i put it?

mentally limited?

fucking moronic twats?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:18:04 »

Quote from: "neville w"
Some pillock in the Arkells wanted our physio to "stamp on Smith's head"

you are fucking joking Nev ?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:18:10 »

Quote from: "DV"
Phil Smith - 4 - thought he was poor punched way to much and dropped some right in the area luckily at Jerel or Aljofree's feer most of time. Kicking was well off, althrough from back passes you could see it bobbling. Completely at fault for the 2nd goal, came miles and didnt punch it. Brez back please!

And as I said earlier he pulled off at least two point-blank saves to keep us in it when down to 9 men. He's having a shaky time since being brought back in, obviously low on confidence so maybe some praise for what he did right to balance out the slating for what he got wrong might help. He was a damn good keeper last season, he hasn't lost that but if people keep getting on his back all the time, we'll wreck him.
lebowski

« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:18:44 »

Less than 4,000 at Bristol Rovers tonight...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, March 4, 2008, 23:21:02 »

Quote from: "neville w"
A word for Smith - yes he looked shakey and I had my heart in my mouth a couple of times. But he also pulled off at least two point-blank saves that kept us in it when down to 9 men. So instead of saying what he DID do with those saves, there's people (not really on here but texting in to radio and doubtless on thisis) having a go for what he MIGHT have done. Hell's teeth, he's obviously low on confidence but it seems some people are determined to break the lad.

That's ridiculous Paul.  If Brezovan had been playing, not only would he have saved both penalties, but he would have turned back time so that Peacock missed the over the top lunge (looked like red from the Arkells) Wink

He wouldn't have been able to because Malpas and his evil cohorts in al Qaida would have used their evil brain control techniques to prevent him from single handedly saving the game and western civilization.

I can't believe people's reaction to Malpas at the moment. The bloke stands no chance. Some pillock in the Arkells wanted our physio to "stamp on Smith's head" when he went down injured.

I can't believe that (not saying you're lying, just find it beyond belief). That's completely despicable. I blame the parents
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: