Pages: 1 ... 913 914 915 [916] 917 918 919 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9080531 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #13725 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 22:04:45 »

Asked a Spurs fan about Barthram earlier, and his response was 'he's worse than Nathan Byrne'.    Hmmm

With Byrne being brought in with a view to playing left back I assume Barthram will be competing with Thompson on the other side so if Caddis stays I expect he will play right midfield. Wonder if he'll be pleased with that, it doesn't look like clubs are queuing up to sign him at the moment.
DRS

« Reply #13726 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 22:20:22 »

All opinions though isnt it.I spoke to a head of youth developement manager today who reckons he is a great talent,also said if we get Devine we have a better player than Flint.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13727 on: Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 23:15:26 »

I spoke to a goat halfway up a mountain today and he ran said that he's alright,  young and inexperienced with a bit of potential
Amir

« Reply #13728 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 01:26:06 »

I spoke to a goat halfway up a mountain today and he ran said that he's alright,  young and inexperienced with a bit of potential

You've goat to be kidding.

I.....don't......even....

Sorry.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #13729 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 06:54:42 »

Asked a Spurs fan about Barthram earlier, and his response was 'he's worse than Nathan Byrne'.    Hmmm

With Byrne being brought in with a view to playing left back I assume Barthram will be competing with Thompson on the other side so if Caddis stays I expect he will play right midfield. Wonder if he'll be pleased with that, it doesn't look like clubs are queuing up to sign him at the moment.
It concerns me that people are now starting to queue up to slate Nathan Byrne, even though he hasn't signed for us yet.  He came in last season and did a decent job considering the position we were in with hardly any fit full backs.  He's young and will develop, typical Swindon supporters, don't let anybody settle and show us what they can do!  FFS
corner

Ignore
« Reply #13730 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 07:02:47 »

Just said on SSN that franchise have a smaller budget than last season, and karrrllllll is looking at bringing in 3 young hungry players to bolster his squad, were not the only ones..... Coyr
Panda Paws

« Reply #13731 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 07:13:43 »

It's without doubt the way football in the bottom two divisions is going, and should be going. Shitty aside (possibly Preston and Brentford too) most clubs in our league will be doing something similar I think. Even Sheff Utd just signed Febian Brandy, who is beyond average.

In the top six, there'll be two or three who throw cash at it, like we did last year, and the rest will be clubs relying on good management and a fair amount of luck in unearthing some gems.

We've just got to hope that KMac is good enough for the latter.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #13732 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 07:15:44 »

Just said on SSN that franchise have a smaller budget than last season, and karrrllllll is looking at bringing in 3 young hungry players to bolster his squad, were not the only ones..... Coyr

But how many have they got rid of. My concern is that the players coming in, are they the same or better than those that have left.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #13733 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 07:22:09 »

It concerns me that people are now starting to queue up to slate Nathan Byrne, even though he hasn't signed for us yet.  He came in last season and did a decent job considering the position we were in with hardly any fit full backs.  He's young and will develop, typical Swindon supporters, don't let anybody settle and show us what they can do!  FFS
I agree, I think Byrne could turn into a half decent fullback/wingback or even at a push a winger given a run in the team and playing in a familiar constant position rather than being a utility player, he needs to know his best position and stick to it then he could do well, he was/is young and inexperienced and can develop as long as he can stop the silly mistakes from lack of concentration.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #13734 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 07:46:05 »

My concern is that the players coming in, are they the same or better than those that have left.

Highly unlikely as they're half the price. We just have to hope they have the potential to be. They're pretty much unproven so we have to hope KMac's unearthed some gems.

If they were it the same or better it would make the overspending of the previous 18 months even more fruitless than it already is.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #13735 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 07:49:24 »

Asked a Spurs fan about Barthram earlier, and his response was 'he's worse than Nathan Byrne'.    Hmmm

Yeah but not all Spurs fans are correct on their analysis of a player and particularly whether he will do a job at our level.

If a fan of another club asked you and then me (as Swindon fans) their opinions on a particular player I'm pretty sure we would be at polar opposites 100% of the time.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #13736 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 07:56:02 »

I'd have my doubts on any Spurs fans opinions on this matter, how many of them will have seen enough of their youth/reserve team games?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #13737 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 07:58:40 »

I'd have my doubts on any Spurs fans opinions on this matter, how many of them will have seen enough of their youth/reserve team games?

I totally agree.

Since when has that stopped a football fan having an opinion though? This blokes an acquaintance of Changs too. Think we all better take a rather large pinch of that salt.
china red

« Reply #13738 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 08:00:39 »

I don't think Barthram has even played in many games for the reserve team at Spurs so I doubt many of their fans have even seen him play.  How many of us have ever seen the youth team play matches?

It certainly seems like we want to develop younger players to then sell on at a profit, I'm fine with that so long as we are not fighting relegation each season and that we have some experience in the team.  As it stands at the moment there are gaps, injuries to Jay and TAH so we do need a couple more experienced professionals to come in.  If by the start of the season we've signed 6-7 21 year olds and a few more of the experienced players have left I do think I'll be worried.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #13739 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 10:25:51 »

Highly unlikely as they're half the price. We just have to hope they have the potential to be. They're pretty much unproven so we have to hope KMac's unearthed some gems.

If they were it the same or better it would make the overspending of the previous 18 months even more fruitless than it already is.

Whilst I can see what you're getting at here, it doesn't necessarily follow. Gary Roberts was costing us significantly more than Nathan Thompson or even Simon Ferry, possibly both combined. Was he a better player, or more important to the side? Not really. Adam Rooney more expensive than Collins, but the scoring charts are pretty clear.

I know that in general you get what you pay for, but we were chucking money around like water over the last few years, and quite a bit of it wasn't invested particularly wisely. We paid over the odds for the same sort of experienced lower league journeymen that we've been building sides with ever since our extended flirtation with the top two leagues ended at the turn of the century.

None of the teams that we've built in this way has been good enough to get us up. So adopting another approach may not be such a terrible idea. There's a quote from Henry Ford about the need to change the way you do things if you want to change the outcome "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got".

I quite like the idea of a side built around promising youngsters coming out of Premiership youth set ups, with a smattering of older, more experienced players to add a bit of grit.

At the moment we've got a few of those older heads, with Ward, TAH, McEveley and Caddis at the back; Navarro, Cox and Luke Ronney in midfield, Collins, Williams and Adam Rooney up front.

I hope that if we lose any more of those players (and it seems that we will) that MacDonald has a list of more experienced players that he's targeting to replace them with. 

..never go back.
Pages: 1 ... 913 914 915 [916] 917 918 919 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: