Pages: 1 ... 914 915 916 [917] 918 919 920 ... 4013   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9220762 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13740 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 10:53:54 »

At the moment we've got a few of those older heads, with Ward, TAH, McEveley and Caddis at the back; Navarro, Cox and Luke Ronney in midfield, Collins, Williams and Adam Rooney up front.

I hope that if we lose any more of those players (and it seems that we will) that MacDonald has a list of more experienced players that he's targeting to replace them with.  

Think this sums it up for me.

PS. You forgot Benson, and added Adam 'your name's not down, you ain't coming in' Rooney!
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #13741 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 11:11:37 »

Think this sums it up for me.

PS. You forgot Benson, and added Adam 'your name's not down, you ain't coming in' Rooney!

I'm still not sure what the score is with Rooney. Have we just told him "look mate I know we promised you a contract but we haven't signed one yet and times have changed"?

..never go back.
corner

Ignore
« Reply #13742 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 11:23:22 »

From the transfer rumours site,
 26 Jun 2013 11:26:35
Leyton Orient manager Russell Slade is looking to complete his squad with the capture of hotshot striker Calvin Andrew.

HOTSHOT  Doh
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13743 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 11:27:26 »

I'm still not sure what the score is with Rooney. Have we just told him "look mate I know we promised you a contract but we haven't signed one yet and times have changed"?

One for the lawyers I suspect if middle ground isn't found. Wonder if he turned up for training and was turned away on legal advice from both sides?!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13744 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 11:38:04 »

One for the lawyers I suspect if middle ground isn't found. Wonder if he turned up for training and was turned away on legal advice from both sides?!

As I mentioned before even if he did turn up, if we allowed him to train it would be accepting that he had a contract so would weaken any case, equally I imagine there is an issue with insurance if he trains with us but is still contracted to Birmingham.
iffy

« Reply #13745 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 11:39:05 »

There's probably a poorly worded clause in the deal that says 'we will buy Rooney if you buy Caddis' that was written in a hurry on the assumption both deals would go through. I would bet Town believe that if Birmingham don't buy Caddis then the Rooney deal is off, too. Birmingham (or Rooney) might not seem them as related in the same way. Or maybe Rooney might have been told verbally by the last lot that it would all be OK, whereas Jed has gone back to the letter of the contract to get out of it.

So you're left with Caddis here and Rooney banned from training. If both deals are settled at the same time, you'll know this was why.

dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #13746 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 11:51:42 »

There's probably a poorly worded clause in the deal that says 'we will buy Rooney if you buy Caddis' that was written in a hurry on the assumption both deals would go through. I would bet Town believe that if Birmingham don't buy Caddis then the Rooney deal is off, too. Birmingham (or Rooney) might not seem them as related in the same way. Or maybe Rooney might have been told verbally by the last lot that it would all be OK, whereas Jed has gone back to the letter of the contract to get out of it.

So you're left with Caddis here and Rooney banned from training. If both deals are settled at the same time, you'll know this was why.

I don't think it's that. Rooney only has a contract with Birmingham for the next 4 days. There's unlikely to have been any contractual clause relating to his future after the end of June 2013 in the loan deals between the clubs as Birmingham wouldn't have had any interest in it.

I don't know whether there's any kind of contract between the loaned player and the loan receiving club in these kind of deals, in which case there might have been a clause in that. Or there might have been some statement of understanding about a future permanent contract.

..never go back.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #13747 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 14:58:21 »

But there must have been some clause of sorts in there that says you will get a contract of x length and you will get paid x amount as it seems that is the sticking point the wage he would command and perhaps the length they dont want to pay as it is too high, I suspect there has been a new maximum wage level decided
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #13748 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 15:17:08 »

I don't think this is the case, it has been said a couple of times in the past that the Rooney deal and Caddis deal were separate and not connected.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #13749 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 15:20:17 »

But there must have been some clause of sorts in there that says you will get a contract of x length and you will get paid x amount as it seems that is the sticking point the wage he would command and perhaps the length they dont want to pay as it is too high, I suspect there has been a new maximum wage level decided

The crux is the nature of any statement and how legally enforceable it is. There are pre-contract agreements that have some kind of legal status, but I think you have to have less than 6 months left on your contract to enter into one of those, and the loan deal with Rooney was tied up when he had the best part of a year left on his.

Which means it's likely that the only thing in writing is some sort of statement of understanding between the club and the player, which probably isn't legally enforceable.

The negotiation that the club wanted with the player and his agent seems like it was to do a deal on different terms, and it's possible that still might be done if he doesn't get a better offer.

..never go back.
Family at War

Midfield Maestro

Ignore
« Reply #13750 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 15:40:01 »

Nothing new about this. People are having contracts torn up and having to re-apply for jobs everywhere at the moment, just another casualty of the recession.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #13751 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 17:26:09 »

I think it's down to the validity of the contract. I'm assuming that Rooney's contract was drawn up and probably signed by the relevant people and put in the 'draw' awaiting dates to be added and submitted when allowed,  now this probably happened before it was allowed due to his Birmingham contract. If we weren't on the financial straight and narrow it may well have been submitted and all things STFC and Rooney would be rosey, however we are so the board are challenging the validity of the contract, when it was drawn up (crucial I think) and who signed it off.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13752 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 17:27:03 »

None of the teams that we've built in this way has been good enough to get us up. So adopting another approach may not be such a terrible idea. There's a quote from Henry Ford about the need to change the way you do things if you want to change the outcome "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got".

I quite like the idea of a side built around promising youngsters coming out of Premiership youth set ups, with a smattering of older, more experienced players to add a bit of grit.

At the moment we've got a few of those older heads, with Ward, TAH, McEveley and Caddis at the back; Navarro, Cox and Luke Ronney in midfield, Collins, Williams and Adam Rooney up front.

I hope that if we lose any more of those players (and it seems that we will) that MacDonald has a list of more experienced players that he's targeting to replace them with.  

The team we had was sitting top of the league in February with a solid defence and potent strike force. Building a team the same way will not always get the same results because it'll be different players. Obviously the loss of Ritchie was a big one but the only players PDC had that KMac didn't were Hollands, Martin and Bostock....no reason for KMac to come in and change system, none at all. We still had the players for 442.

Still, feel free to find me a team that got promoted out of this division with youngsters released from Wimbledon and Mansfield. I expect the Banbury few are just here to make up the numbers at the moment.

As for those experienced players. Ward is as good as gone. Caddis will never play for us again. TAH is injured still as far as I know. Cox is injured. Rooney also looks set to leave and Adam Rooney doesn't play for us...

The less said about how often you think KMac played 451 the better...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13753 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 20:10:17 »

John Eustace from Watford
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #13754 on: Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 20:12:30 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Eustace

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 914 915 916 [917] 918 919 920 ... 4013   Go Up
Print