Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nick Griffin  (Read 6412 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #60 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 12:58:37 »

pauld, I wasn't saying that Hitler perverted the idea of fascism, but it's what his regime did with the power gained from it that was so bad.

My post wasn't an attempt to justify any political system, it was merely a personal philisophical viewpoint on my part. Which is why I said:
In my opinion they would be, because I prefer a democratic state and freedom of speech, but who's to say that is right?

My closing point is this: Do you really think that those claiming to be democratic states are that? Do we really have control over the government? Initially, yes, but not afterward.

Basically I was just trying to make a point that political systems tend to be idealistic, but never turn out the way they are intended. After all, we do not live in an ideal world.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 14:03:14 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Basically I was just trying to make a point that political systems tend to be idealistic, but never turn out the way they are intended. After all, we do not live in an ideal world.

Yes I understood that - the point I was making was that in the case of fascism it turned out precisely the way Hitler, Mussolini et al intended - in brutal repression. So this wasn't failed idealism or a bad attempt at fascism gone wrong - that is fascism.

But read lumpimynci's post again - he's said it far better than I can.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 15:05:42 »

Quote from: "lumpimynci"
I don't want to repeat everything I've already posted but this " the political spectrum is a big circle and the extremes of left and right meet up in the middle" is just way too fucking simplistic. It's a pat response given, sorry to offend anyone, generally by people who haven't read to much about politics or political history.

And it's what those with pretty fucking large interest in the status quo would like, to reduce politics to - a four yearly coice between one bunch pf cunts that don't give a fuck about anyone but themselves, and another bunch who are exactly the same on every fucking point but wear a different coloured badges.

The one basic point I'll stress again is this:

Every fascist government was intended to be a dictatorship from the outset. Adolf, Benito, Franco; strong leaders taking absolute power.

The Bolsheviks on the other hand set out with some rather admirable democratic intents. They wanted a true functioning, participative democracy, that involved everyone having a forum to express their views. But they failed absolutely.

Almost inevitably in a country as backward as Russia in 1917, the state was force to rely on a small group of individuals, drawn from the political leadership and from the old Tsarist regime, bascially because they were the only people that could read. the majority of the population were uneducated peasants, illiteracy rates were over 90%.

Obviously it didn't take long for a power base to develop and solidify these people into a cast of bureaucrats, which then operated to protect their own interests, and soon enough a nasty totalitarianist regime at least as bad as Hitler's.

But there's still a difference.

Good intentions with poor execution leading to tyranny is one thing, setting out to have a one party state and a thousand year empire to rule the world is another.

Incidently - The original bolshevik political theorists Lenin and Trotsky, never expected the 1917 revolution to be successful. It was anticipated that the new workers state would fall pretty quickly, due to the underdeveoped nature of Russia, the comparitive weakness of its industrial working class etc.

The intent was not so much to take power in Russia but too trigger off the revolutions in the more developed Western Europe, which would then be able to help modernise Russia. Which all went a bit pear-shaped when Karl L and Rosa L made a bit of bollock of the German revolution in 1918 and the whole SDLP leadership ended up a bit dead.

Never mind eh.

i dunno lumpy. what you say is true, but, Lenin wasn't just taking the marxist ideal of an evolving state, instead didnt he tweak it 'marxist leninist'? in doing so the all out democracy you mention was never going to happen, certainly not in Lenin's lifetime.
infact the Bolsheviks opressed and indoctrinated as much, if not more than the Nazis. little octobrists and the like examples of youth movements (similar to the Hitler youth) where kids were shown how to tow the party line from a very early age.
the Cheka probably 'got rid' of more opposers than the Gestapo did in germany, but thats not for certain.
the nomenklatura system meant that only vetted communists could gain jobs of any importance.
all this shows that saying the Bolsheviks wanted a democracy eventually is ludicrous.
because they terminated any form of opposition- therefore there's no way a genuine democracy can take place.
perhaps they wanted a democracy in a hundred years, but that doesnt excuse, nor does it change the fact that the Bolsheviks were as extreme as the Nazis and infact carried out much the same things that they did. despite being the complete opposite side of the scale??
me say circle

officially blacker than the night.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 17:10:11 »

holy shit, a discussion on the bnp which has become a thoroughly fascinating debate about politics. i was expecting to read through a few pages of arguing, insults and random bollocks
el duque

« Reply #64 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 17:14:18 »

If this is a debate about fascism, why has nobody mentioned Ronald Reagan?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 17:16:13 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
holy shit, a discussion on the bnp which has become a thoroughly fascinating debate about politics. i was expecting to read through a few pages of arguing, insults and random bollocks

Sorry, sonic. We let you down. Twats the lot of you! That any better?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #66 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 18:42:11 »

Fuck off cuntface  
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 18:48:41 »

Many people have known about the BNP for a long time, and therefore their standing hasn't increased much. This is also shown as many people my age haven't heard of the BNP and therefore don't care about their policies anyway.

here's the man himself when you need him?
red macca

« Reply #68 on: Friday, February 3, 2006, 18:48:43 »

Quote from: "el duque"
If this is a debate about fascism, why has nobody mentioned Ronald Reagan?
because he is dead and his opinion do not count anymore...i find ronald macdonalds views of more importance
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: