Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton United vs Swindon Town Build Up & Match Day  (Read 12015 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:16:47 »

I think this season may end up being a bit like the Prutton relegation season where a strange number of the players end up playing at the same level or higher for years to come. I just think there's something deeply, structurally wrong with the coaching and team set up and it means any "structures" player looks dreadful. I don't think it's a coincidence that the only players who've looked consistently good for us are Kemp, who is all about individual brilliance rather than structures and planned moves, and maybe Glatzel who just runs and runs. Further evidence is someone like McCarthy who looked good when he first came in and has just declined, and Brewitt who did the same early to late season.

I may be wrong, they may all be out of the professional game in a few years - but I'd put my money on a few of them doing far better under coherent managers and management structures.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:19:53 »

Will we have a shot on target today?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #152 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:20:22 »

I think this season may end up being a bit like the Prutton relegation season where a strange number of the players end up playing at the same level or higher for years to come. I just think there's something deeply, structurally wrong with the coaching and team set up and it means any "structures" player looks dreadful. I don't think it's a coincidence that the only players who've looked consistently good for us are Kemp, who is all about individual brilliance rather than structures and planned moves, and maybe Glatzel who just runs and runs. Further evidence is someone like McCarthy who looked good when he first came in and has just declined, and Brewitt who did the same early to late season.

I may be wrong, they may all be out of the professional game in a few years - but I'd put my money on a few of them doing far better under coherent managers and management structures.
I think there are a fair few of these players who will go on to have good careers, I agree, as individuals and good coaching they will be decent players, but with our lack of coaching and an inability to fit into our "ahem" tactics make them look really poor.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:20:29 »

I have got zero confidence in anyone at the club, at every level, making the right decisions over the off season to convince me that we will switch to an upwards trajectory next season and climb out of the gutter that we are in..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:21:39 »

Crawley 2 up thanks to Conroy and Darcy. 

Shows how low the fucking bar is when Scott Lindseys Crawley are having success with those two.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:22:09 »

We just cant play against teams that pump high balls and loads of crosses into our box.

Fixed it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:23:02 »

God i hope the new Trust start speaking out soon, because we as a club are nothing more than embaressment as things stand.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:23:06 »

McEachran's been alright since coming on, if we're searching for positives.

Good save from Bycroft. For all he's fucked up badly twice, he's also probably done the best individual things of anyone in our team. The other 10 have just been anonymous, he's been front and centre for better and worse.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:24:23 »

And it continues to deteriorate

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:24:31 »

Bycroft will be completely destroyed by the end of the season won’t he?! Meant to be a ball playing keeper but his kicking and distribution has been shocking for weeks and now his keeping is starting to suffer.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:24:38 »

Neither full back covered themselves in glory there. We're just cones.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:25:52 »

We're being destroyed by a team who probably wouldn't get promoted out of non-league. The current state of the club (on the field at least) is as bad as I can remember us being in 30 years of supporting Town.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:25:57 »

That is a bit harsh - BUT, what is fair is that we have put together an ill fitting squad of misfits.

We keep doing that under Morfuni though, don't we? Even the best squad more put together with Chorley we kept signing midfielders when we needed in other areas more. We've not had one decently balanced squad post pandemic.
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:27:02 »

Been outside pressure washing the patio and have just come in to check the score . bit disappointed to see we are losing but not surprised.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 15:27:49 »

How is Aguiar still involved? Non league standard(and by that I mean lower than National league)

Fits in well then really.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: