Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton United vs Swindon Town Build Up & Match Day  (Read 9405 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 31, 2024, 10:25:55 »

Well, after an extreme possession side in miserable form, we have the opposite assignment on Monday, a proper old school L2 side who are 23rd but fighting hard.

Sounds like we have a fair few new injuries and we'll see a few of the U18s on the bench.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 31, 2024, 10:40:13 »

Is FBT knackered?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 31, 2024, 12:02:49 »

6 games left, 11 points above relegation with 2 games in hand. Not impossible to go down now but near enough, It would be nice to simply not lose this and have it done and dusted and not even have to look at the table after.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 31, 2024, 12:13:32 »

6 games left, 11 points above relegation with 2 games in hand. Not impossible to go down now but near enough, It would be nice to simply not lose this and have it done and dusted and not even have to look at the table after.

Don't forget a potential for another fated ''admin error'' whereby the EFL says 'you've fucked about too much, here's a 10pt deduction'. Would not surprise me to see one applied in the Summer. Aren't the club already on a suspended deduction?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 31, 2024, 13:50:12 »

Well, after an extreme possession side in miserable form, we have the opposite assignment on Monday, a proper old school L2 side who are 23rd but fighting hard.

Sounds like we have a fair few new injuries and we'll see a few of the U18s on the bench.

‘Fair few injuries’ read, fuck this I can’t be arsed.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 31, 2024, 15:49:03 »

Don't forget a potential for another fated ''admin error'' whereby the EFL says 'you've fucked about too much, here's a 10pt deduction'. Would not surprise me to see one applied in the Summer. Aren't the club already on a suspended deduction?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 08:08:51 »

Pre match no rolling away the stone for STFC in The Sir John Oldcastle.

Having said that it was pleasing to see evidence of organisation & game plan on Friday.
Let's hope that the presence of an experienced coach could at least result in a strong finish to this atrocious season.

In other news, I'm hearing that Clem is trying to stave off the club being sold out from under him by the owners, by trying to fast track entry to the Premier League..., the Cymru Premier. The application has been lodged.

Nevertheless there is strong interest from a South African consortium apparently, the Buul Scheit.
Ostrich, warthog, crocodile & Boerewors sausage might be welcomed on the CG menu in some quarters, but plans to segregate vegetarians could be more controversial.
Vegans would be banned altogether.

So, look out for a loud group of alpha males at the next home game. They'll be clad in various drab shades of khaki shirts & shorts.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 09:34:04 »

Just dropped the DNA off at the choo choo station. Another home end ticket with another Uni housemate who lives in Egham. To those of you travelling I hope you have a great day out. As for the result, it depends on who wants this more.

Going for a 2-1 loss.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 09:51:10 »

Nevertheless there is strong interest from a South African consortium apparently, the Buul Scheit.
Ostrich, warthog, crocodile & Boerewors sausage might be welcomed on the CG menu in some quarters, but plans to segregate vegetarians could be more controversial.
Vegans would be banned altogether.

A man called De Kok to be installed as CEO. No change there, say many wags.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 09:54:32 »

Oscar Pistorius as fitness coach and security.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 10:33:22 »

Can't see us getting anything here.

They've won 3 on the bounce, fighting for their lives and every game is a cup final for them.

They will also get the ball in the box at every opportunity. The complete opposite to Notts County last weekend.

If we get the ball down and play we might be ok, but I haven't seen us pass the ball properly since the first half of Gillingham away. Almost 6 weeks ago.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 10:55:31 »

Can't see us getting anything here.

They've won 3 on the bounce, fighting for their lives and every game is a cup final for them.

They will also get the ball in the box at every opportunity. The complete opposite to Notts County last weekend.

If we get the ball down and play we might be ok, but I haven't seen us pass the ball properly since the first half of Gillingham away. Almost 6 weeks ago.

Yeah, think it’s gonna be a massive case of team playing for something vs a team playing for nothing.
Sutton will win because they want it more, because they need it more.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #12 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 10:57:25 »

A draw would be our best hope, I cant see them gifting us goals as County did on Friday.

They are fighting for their survival, whereas we are fighting for our survival but many of the fans and more importantly theplayers assume that its a forgone conclusion that we will stay up.

We are not there yet and cannopt be complacent yet.

We lost there last season 2-1 in the only game between the 2 sides that Swindon havent won in the 6 previous matched between the clubs.

There is 9 points between us and them with them having 5 games left (including today) and us 6 to go.

Its by no means certain we wont drop yet. Unlikely but still possible however small a chance. I guess we also are lucky to have Colchester and Grimsby as a cushion as both only have 1 win in the last 6 games.

Sutton have beaten Salford, Accrington and FGR in the last 3 games and in the last 6 have drawn with Grimsby and Colchester and beaten Notts County in the last 8 games thats 4 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats.

With the injuries we have it will need a backs to the wall performance to get anything from today.

How far have we fallen when many of us expect to get nothing from a trip to Sutton despite them being 2nd bottom.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 11:07:35 »

There is 9 points between us and them with them having 5 games left (including today) and us 6 to go.

We’re 11 points in front of them, with a much better goal difference so a positive result today would almost guarantee safety, but don’t expect us to get anything 😢
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 1, 2024, 11:13:25 »

We’re 11 points in front of them, with a much better goal difference so a positive result today would almost guarantee safety, but don’t expect us to get anything 😢
My mistake I missread the table Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: